Krupator_imp
First service completed
Thread starter
I went down a few weeks ago on my CB in a heavy thunderstorm. The radar was clear when I left and the roads were just wet. Lesson learned there, don't trust the weatherman. I have been waiting to get it back from the dealer. Should be this week. I used to work there and the guys know me and pretty well. The mechanic working on my bike told me he wouldn't have even turned it in to the insurance. The only reason I did is because my staintune exhaust has a scar now. No dents, just a long thin scratch. A felllow cb110 rider told me to just buff it out. The insurance covered getting a new one. Now I have a spare. Total damage was under $3k including tax and labor, but $900 of that cost is the staintune and $300 for a front fender I'm not convinced is even damaged. It was rode to the shop and all of the damage was purely cosmetic according to the shop. When I inquired as to whether or not the frame could be bent or a weld cracked they said no way. That made me feel better. Having past experience working there I knew the answer but I wanted to hear someone else say it.
I'm definitely not done riding, but I have a certain fear I'm not familiar with. Last week a friend had surgery and needed his FZ6 moved from his parents house. I've rode it twice before. I could barely lean over on it and found myself going 10 under the speed limit. I'm no road racer, but I've dragged the pegs on the CB. I enjoy a spirited ride. I'm worried that I won't enjoy riding the same way I used to.
I'm definitely not done riding, but I have a certain fear I'm not familiar with. Last week a friend had surgery and needed his FZ6 moved from his parents house. I've rode it twice before. I could barely lean over on it and found myself going 10 under the speed limit. I'm no road racer, but I've dragged the pegs on the CB. I enjoy a spirited ride. I'm worried that I won't enjoy riding the same way I used to.
