1000 bikes California

Ole

Been there
Thread starter
Wow. This guy just toured a 1000 bike private collection in California. The owner holds charity events and people can just wander through but DO NOT TOUCH the bikes!

Nice collection of vintage dirt bikes!

Whole buncha Honda's in there, in one row I count 8 identical Honda Scramblers all silver.
 
Nice... Thanks for sharing...
 
Outstanding! I especially like the '73 CR125M Elsinore.

There was a guy in Carlsbad, CA (about an hour south) who had a similarly staggering collection, including a brand new Z1R still in the crate. I have a hunch, and it's only a hunch, that this collection includes his bikes. It might even be the same guy. Rows and rows of immaculate as-new CT70's, SL70's, Scramblers, CB400F's, CB750's, etc. I believe I've seen some of these bikes in person (in 1996 or thereabouts). I mean, what are the odds?
 
Chapomis, collectors like that are like hoarders, they don't care how many of each item they have and if they have a chance to get another one like they already have 6 of they will still get it. I have a collector buddy that has between 400 & 500 bikes. He must have dozens of those little Hondas. CT70s, 90s SL 70s, Z 50s, xr 75s etc.

Some collectors specialize, like only CT70s, and when he buys one of those guys out he may get 8 or 10 at one time. He keeps the absolute best and sells or trades the rest of them to other collectors. He spends a few hours each day on the internet looking for bikes to collect.

Btw he has one child, a son now 16 or 17, and the kid has absolutely NO interest in motorcycles. Someday there is going to be a huge auction lol.
 
Back
Top