100,000 miles on a CB?

AlexCB_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Seeings that I have bought my CB to be my touring bike I was curious to see if anyone has hit really high mileage on their bikes?.

I'm guessing for most the CB is the sunny summer Sunday bike so doesn't clock up big miles (judging by the fact I bought the highest mileage bike I found at 12k miles) but I'm banking on the fact its an under stressed big cc engine and of course a Honda that I'll be able to get a fair few miles out of it.
 
I hope it does manage it easily. I’m looking at about 15k miles a year once restrictions are lifted. Those valves will be the only pain in the rear checks to get done.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
We have had several members break the 100k mile mark and couple more between 50,000 and 100,00. The highest I remember is just over 130,000
 
Thread starter
130,000! That is reassuring, I must admit the value clearance interval did initially put me off but I feel like once I've had a check or two under my belt and the values haven't moved much I may extend the intervals, especially in its later life as the bikes value depreciates.

Or just learn to check them myself :beerchug:
 
i dont see why not my dad has that on a 73 cb750 the 1100 being efi id believe it would make it too 200k if taken care of
 
The CB1100 is nothing if not dead reliable. Very few issues noted and none that I remember with catastrophic results. Fuel surging comes to mind but seems to be limited to very few bikes and not sure what the root cause was determined to be.

My 2013 had been as reliable as an anvil. One minor issue with intermittent fork seal leakage that I fixed with a $6 tool. Have had my valves checked at around 15K+ miles. All within spec. Currently over 20K miles and going strong.
 
Thread starter
Thing is I don't commute on the bike etc so realistically it's unlikely that I'll do more than 10k a year so I've got another 9 odd years to worry about hitting 100k
 
AlexCB_imp said:
Thing is I don't commute on the bike etc so realistically it's unlikely that I'll do more than 10k a year so I've got another 9 odd years to worry about hitting 100k

I think we will have to meet up in summer and increase that number
3b6eac3ee7753b5e0ad6cb16dc87ee81.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
shahyaan_imp said:
AlexCB_imp said:
Thing is I don't commute on the bike etc so realistically it's unlikely that I'll do more than 10k a year so I've got another 9 odd years to worry about hitting 100k

I think we will have to meet up in summer and increase that number
3b6eac3ee7753b5e0ad6cb16dc87ee81.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we will have to meet up in summer and increase that number
72af64762a9149396ebdc88ca8fbbbde.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Definitely! :beerchug:
 
Thread starter
Wow, nearly 160k is good going! It's strange that I've always had the mentality that a car with 60k is low mileage but a bike with 60k is high mileage, even if they both have 1.1 litre engines.
 
AlexCB_imp said:
130,000! That is reassuring, I must admit the value clearance interval did initially put me off but I feel like once I've had a check or two under my belt and the values haven't moved much I may extend the intervals, especially in its later life as the bikes value depreciates.

Or just learn to check them myself :beerchug:
No worries about the valve check intervals. My '13 just passed 112,000 mi and I've only had them checked once at 15,000 mi. and they were in spec. Still using original spark plugs. Seems to run better as the miles stack up.
 
AlexCB_imp said:
Wow, nearly 160k is good going! It's strange that I've always had the mentality that a car with 60k is low mileage but a bike with 60k is high mileage, even if they both have 1.1 litre engines.
Most people have always felt like that. I have always ridden a lot of miles. In the 70's when I would tell people I had 20,000 miles on my bike they were aghast and it was difficult to sell. When I'd get 40,000 miles on one, it was nearly impossible to sell... and it's still like that today. At 100,000 miles you almost have to convince someone to come pick it up for parts.
 
If that is indeed the case, then it might be cheaper to just keep the bike with 100K+ miles, especially if it still runs pristinely. Insurance surely must be low, and even if it is not ridden, it is certainly a looker to gawk and drool at all day (and night) long.

Maybe just roll it in next to the basement bar and use it as a bar stool/cafe table.
 
Thread starter
My intention is to just keep the bike for as long as it lasts, hopefully I can rack up some decent mileage on it over the next 30 odd years
 
Phew, that's it, only 112K miles ??
A BMW fiend of my BMW riding buddy has clocked 270K kms last year...and says is nothing wrong with = still :biker:
 
Back
Top