1 cylinder running rich?

Thread starter
Houtman, I'm sorry I missed you were first to problem solve, truly. I appreciate everyone's input. Teamvisegrip, good call on the oil change due to the unburnt fuel contaminating the oil. The part that sucks is I just changed the oil 700 miles ago. Oh well, better safe than a rebuild. Happy New Year and hopefully we all have a year of good health and well running CB1100's! Cheers
Actual Houtman, teamvisegrip beat you to the punch in post 6. Teamvisegrip is king!
 
frank_imp said:
Houtman, I'm sorry I missed you were first to problem solve, truly. I appreciate everyone's input. Teamvisegrip, good call on the oil change due to the unburnt fuel contaminating the oil. The part that sucks is I just changed the oil 700 miles ago. Oh well, better safe than a rebuild. Happy New Year and hopefully we all have a year of good health and well running CB1100's! Cheers
Actual Houtman, teamvisegrip beat you to the punch in post 6. Teamvisegrip is king!
Frank, to be quite frankly with you, you should get each of them a '24 oz Tallboy pac....
.....and John has never been beaten yet......:P
:D
 
frank_imp said:
Teamvisegrip, I KISS and it was a bad plug. I checked the pipe temperatures and the cylinder that I moved the bad plug to was now not heating up. Went to Honda and paid $23 for 1 plug, need to find a cheaper source, but the bike is running fantastic!!! What a difference. A little background, I never rode a CB1100, found a mint one with only 2300 miles, rode it and it felt choked down, so I thought. Meanwhile it was only running on 3 cylinders. It ran smoothly, just lacked top end power. I wonder why it didn't throw a check engine code or something? Now my new question is what, if any, damage to what could have occurred running it on 3 for ~700 miles? Mostly highway and I did run it kinda hard and up to 80 mph a few times It's running great now, especially with the mods. The 14" Delkevic sounds awesome by the way for anyone looking. I do have a problem with the centerstand rest on the pipe causing it to spin the pipe and then the centerstand rubs on the chain. I tried to tighten the bracket to the max and it's still spinning. Could I put some high temp RTV and kinda glue it? Any tips would be most helpful!! This joint has one of those carbon sleeves and it makes it a somewhat slick surface and probably why it's spinning. Anyways, thanks to all and be sure to KISS!
That is very good news Frank. Congrats with the result and garnering help from "the village".
 
Thread starter
It is great news, since I'm finally able to feel the power of this bike which is almost as much as my old cb919. I love it, this one is a keeper! Long live the village!
 
Thread starter
Well I am 50 and did listen to them growing up. It takes a village as they say and this CB one is pretty awesome!
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Hey hey, my my
Rock and roll can never die
Yeah, not quite Houtman's 60's stuff (10 years later), but it certainly still feels old.

I really should have started with sumthin' like this:


 
peterbaron_imp said:
Hey hey, my my
Rock and roll can never die
The dude who wrote that hailed from Canada. Not the Netherlands.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Hey hey, my my
Rock and roll can never die
The dude who wrote that hailed from Canada. Not the Netherlands.
The dude who wrote that hailed from Canada. Not the Netherlands.
Correct. Born and raised in Toronto, but has been living in California for many, many decades.
 
Back
Top