Your favorite motorcycles

Thread starter
Oh Mick...sold it eh? Whatever possessed you to do that. Just beautiful.
 
This is such a tough one since I have had so many.
I guess I have list some of my first ones , my first Honda 90 CA200
and the 2 Yam. YDS-3s I had. The YDS-3 was first one I had a high speed get off on.
The second new bike I ever had a 82 GS450E , such a simple bike
and so fun , rode it to the east coast and back. Ended up buying 5
more over my life.
The early SV650 I had. I don't think I have ever smiled so much
while riding a motorcycle.
The 94 Gold Wing , wow comfort , was one of the nicest cars I have
ever had but hated the stigma that went with it.
I think we have all covered the CB1100.
The two small singles, that I have had in recent years Kaw Super Sherpa and the 09 XT250.
I think we should also list some the bikes we found disappointing ,
Some of mine are a 85 BMW K100 ,broke down every few miles
Yam. Fazor , Tried to use it all around ,just ddn't do it well.
Early FZ-6 , did not have the detuned motor , pretty useless unless
you lived next to a track.
The Kaw ER6n , the motor was so bland.
 
Thread starter
Mick...I once sold my 69 BSA 750 Rocket 3 for $675 cause we needed fuel oil
 
Thread starter
CA200_imp said:
This is such a tough one since I have had so many.
I guess I have list some of my first ones , my first Honda 90 CA200
and the 2 Yam. YDS-3s I had. The YDS-3 was first one I had a high speed get off on.
The second new bike I ever had a 82 GS450E , such a simple bike
and so fun , rode it to the east coast and back. Ended up buying 5
more over my life.
The early SV650 I had. I don't think I have ever smiled so much
while riding a motorcycle.
The 94 Gold Wing , wow comfort , was one of the nicest cars I have
ever had but hated the stigma that went with it.
I think we have all covered the CB1100.
The two small singles, that I have had in recent years Kaw Super Sherpa and the 09 XT250.
I think we should also list some the bikes we found disappointing ,
Some of mine are a 85 BMW K100 ,broke down every few miles
Yam. Fazor , Tried to use it all around ,just ddn't do it well.
Early FZ-6 , did not have the detuned motor , pretty useless unless
you lived next to a track.
The Kaw ER6n , the motor was so bland.
Here it is CA

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=965
 
The ferret_imp said:
Mick...I once sold my 69 BSA 750 Rocket 3 for $675 cause we needed fuel oil
I, m sure we would have some great stories if we were drinking buddies, Great Forum by the way..
The ferret_imp said:
Mick...I once sold my 69 BSA 750 Rocket 3 for $675 cause we needed fuel oil
I, m sure we would have some great stories if we were drinking buddies, Great Forum by the way..
 
I've had more bikes than I care to remember but two were truly outstanding. My 2007 Triumph Tiger 1050 and my 1973 BMW R/75.

00f1a8eb493bae267cf88208933853ca.jpg


fbfe7d35d239058fe1318028d23b94f0.jpg
 
T160V, still remember the frame/engine number after all these years. It was a toss up between a T160V and the CB1100 this time round but common sense and my wife won the day; if I had enough spare cash I would buy a T160 tomorrow just to have it in the shed to sit back look at and to tinker with.
 
My 2000 W650 is the light of my life and the fire of my loins. I'm sad Kawasaki only imported them here for two years, and I wish they'd consider importing the W800.
Kick and electric start, bevel-shaft driven cam (much quieter than a camchain, but also finicky), higher finish than the new Bonneville, and the exhaust system is dual-walled so the pipes stay chrome. I've had a lot of bikes and each one has it's faults and virtues, but the W650 is the sweetest bike I've ever ridden.


 
calamarichris_imp said:
My 2000 W650 is the light of my life and the fire of my loins. I'm sad Kawasaki only imported them here for two years, and I wish they'd consider importing the W800.
Kick and electric start, bevel-shaft driven cam (much quieter than a camchain, but also finicky), higher finish than the new Bonneville, and the exhaust system is dual-walled so the pipes stay chrome. I've had a lot of bikes and each one has it's faults and virtues, but the W650 is the sweetest bike I've ever ridden.
I too am a big fan of Kawasaki's "better Bonneville". I would be the first in line with a deposit if they decide to bring the W800 here.
 
calamarichris_imp said:
My 2000 W650 is the light of my life and the fire of my loins. I'm sad Kawasaki only imported them here for two years, and I wish they'd consider importing the W800.
Kick and electric start, bevel-shaft driven cam (much quieter than a camchain, but also finicky), higher finish than the new Bonneville, and the exhaust system is dual-walled so the pipes stay chrome. I've had a lot of bikes and each one has it's faults and virtues, but the W650 is the sweetest bike I've ever ridden.
Mate. You need a softer seat.
 
banjobart_imp said:
I liked the VTX 1800 so much that I once bought two. I rode one to Alaska with no regrets.
So did I. Put 48,000 miles on this VTX in 3.5 years
great bike never let me down and yes I still miss it,,,,

f7c18b56b8cfdabbd91bd4c2cdbf013d.jpg


668e63b744f24b44de600820b35e2ef9.jpg


dd6d18ba75cb7c68c34aa3603e6dd22e.jpg


c9ed9dde4d9e3695e6a2bc48c030a9a5.jpg
 
Fantastic pics, Ole.
 
Agreed, fantastic pictures Ole. And what a ride! And that bear! It looks as though you and the VTX have him bluffed, but I'm damn sure if I saw that critter I'd be on the gas and not look back for a loooong time. The thought of hitting one of those on a bike makes me break out in hysterical laughter. I guess if you survived the collision you wouldn't go back and check on the bear.
calamarichris_imp said:
My 2000 W650 is the light of my life and the fire of my loins. I'm sad Kawasaki only imported them here for two years, and I wish they'd consider importing the W800.
Kick and electric start, bevel-shaft driven cam (much quieter than a camchain, but also finicky), higher finish than the new Bonneville, and the exhaust system is dual-walled so the pipes stay chrome. I've had a lot of bikes and each one has it's faults and virtues, but the W650 is the sweetest bike I've ever ridden.
They are a lovely bike. I have put about 1600kms on a W400 and own a '61 Bonneville (Sky Blue on silver - pre unit), so you can see my attachment to that look. The W600 and W800 have been good sellers here in Oz and are still selling well. My nephew just bought a nice red example, new. Not so the CB, now discontinued here with no '14 models being considered.

Cheers
 
Thread starter
Didn't know kaw made a W 400. Does it look like the larger ones?
 
Back
Top