Your dream bike final drive?

GoldOxide_imp said:
SportsterDoc_imp said:
Nortoon_imp said:
SportsterDoc_imp said:
1. Shaft, if as smooth as my V7II was
2. Belt
3. Chain, which seems very appropriate for the CB
GoldOxide_imp said:
1907 FN 412 cc Four (with shaft)
So accessible!
+1
1. Shaft to avoid chain maintenance.
2. Belt if you don't have to take half the bike apart to replace it.
3. Chain. Better now that I use chain wax.
Oh yes! I let it dry overnight and no flying off onto the wheel.
LongRanger_imp said:
For a touring or sport-touring bike, my preference is shaft, but only if it's a single swingarm design (Paralever, CARC, etc.). Wheel removal on a shaft drive bike with a dual swingarm design can be a pain.

That said, on the CB, I think anything other than chain drive would be out of character and unnecessary.
Yep!
GoldOxide_imp said:
Sport'Doc: Sorry to learn about your eye challenges. Really ... the most critical organs connecting you to the experience. I wish you find a solution, and resume the journey.
Thank you. I promised family that #17 was final bike, so 55 years of riding has come to an end. I now have full (almost full?) movement of right eye, double vision only occurs looking far right and I can now drive with both eyes open. So now I am limited to vicarious motorcycling through this and one other forum. Cause remains unknown. Doctor thinks it is too limited to be a stroke.

I accepted Iodine injection for CT Scan and nothing found.

Peter Baron kindly asked via email about the scheduled MRI/MRA. I balked at Gadolinium injection for MRI/MRA, so doctor ordered MRI/MRA without contrast; but I backed out when the "catcher's mask" was put on and told to be still for 25 minutes. More claustrophobic than I thought. Radiology voided the co-pay.
More claustrophobic than a full face helmet?
Yes and I prefer an open 3/4 helmet (except in the rain)
misterprofessionality_imp said:
SportsterDoc_imp said:
Nortoon_imp said:
SportsterDoc_imp said:
1. Shaft, if as smooth as my V7II was
2. Belt
3. Chain, which seems very appropriate for the CB
GoldOxide_imp said:
1907 FN 412 cc Four (with shaft)
So accessible!
+1
1. Shaft to avoid chain maintenance.
2. Belt if you don't have to take half the bike apart to replace it.
3. Chain. Better now that I use chain wax.
Oh yes! I let it dry overnight and no flying off onto the wheel.
LongRanger_imp said:
For a touring or sport-touring bike, my preference is shaft, but only if it's a single swingarm design (Paralever, CARC, etc.). Wheel removal on a shaft drive bike with a dual swingarm design can be a pain.

That said, on the CB, I think anything other than chain drive would be out of character and unnecessary.
Yep!
GoldOxide_imp said:
Sport'Doc: Sorry to learn about your eye challenges. Really ... the most critical organs connecting you to the experience. I wish you find a solution, and resume the journey.
Thank you. I promised family that #17 was final bike, so 55 years of riding has come to an end. I now have full (almost full?) movement of right eye, double vision only occurs looking far right and I can now drive with both eyes open. So now I am limited to vicarious motorcycling through this and one other forum. Cause remains unknown. Doctor thinks it is too limited to be a stroke.

I accepted Iodine injection for CT Scan and nothing found.

Peter Baron kindly asked via email about the scheduled MRI/MRA. I balked at Gadolinium injection for MRI/MRA, so doctor ordered MRI/MRA without contrast; but I backed out when the "catcher's mask" was put on and told to be still for 25 minutes. More claustrophobic than I thought. Radiology voided the co-pay.
Oh yes! I let it dry overnight and no flying off onto the wheel.
Ok, I need to learn about this. i've been religiously cleaning and oiling my chain for a while now, what's the wax i keep hearing about?
I used 2-3 cans at $7 each over 12,500 miles, using it every 600 miles.

Larger Walmarts with a M/C section stock it.

Spray liberally with a rag behind the chain, wipe off excess, let it dry.

DuPont Motorcycle Chain-Saver Wax-Based Self-Cleaning Dry Lubricant, 11oz - Walmart.com

There may be better wax based sprays but I had only one 1/4 turn adjustment early in the chain life, then no adjustment needed thereafter.
The ferret_imp said:
I absolutely believe chain drive is right for the CB 1100
Absolutely
 
Back
Top