You Guys are Lucky

CIP57_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
The past few morning I have gone to the Ninga 1000 site only to find 2 or 3 post from my last visit. They have about 600 members but not as active as this board, so I click on today posts here along with my coffee for my reading therapy. What a great active forum we have here, never take it for granted.
 
I know. As a mod when I click on in the morning I look for thread report notices (Ferret this is spam delete it, Ferret this is bad language etc, Ferret this is argumentative ..etc), then Private Messages (Ferret what do you think about this?, What day are you coming to the rally?..etc), and then see how many highlighted "new posts" I have to read that were made fresh while I slept. Usually none of the first, 1 or 2 of the second, and a whole page of the last.

Good and active. You guys are the best!
 
The R9T forum is active but far from informative or entertaining. The most active is the "Punted Post Thread" where anything out of line or off topic goes. I do check the classified's and some of the mod pictures.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I know. As a mod when I click on in the morning I look for thread report notices (Ferret this is spam delete it, Ferret this is bad language etc, Ferret this is argumentative ..etc), then Private Messages (Ferret what do you think about this?, What day are you coming to the rally?..etc), and then see how many highlighted "new posts" I have to read that were made fresh while I slept. Usually none of the first, 1 or 2 of the second, and a whole page of the last.

Good and active. You guys are the best!
This what makes this forum so great; the civility, good humor and participation :clap:
I also belong to a couple of other forums with large memberships, but the posting is sparse.
Like ferret, every morning I usually have about two pages of posts to check out - and that's a good thing - to quote you-know-who :D
 
CIP proves once again that with green comes envy. :rofl:

Seriously, though, this is a great forum and it I think what makes it great is that it goes beyond being a parts, modifications, and technical resource like so many bike forums are. The personal interaction, like the wonderful ride reports that take us together all over the world on this motorcycle, is the difference maker, I think. This forum is not just a resource, it's a communit, and I'm glad to be a part of it.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
CIP proves once again that with green comes envy. :rofl:

Seriously, though, this is a great forum and it I think what makes it great is that it goes beyond being a parts, modifications, and technical resource like so many bike forums are. The personal interaction, like the wonderful ride reports that take us together all over the world on this motorcycle, is the difference maker, I think. This forum is not just a resource, it's a communit, and I'm glad to be a part of it.
Nicely said, ES. Me too.

Off topic a bit: I really like the look of that tachometer CIP.
 
I get up in the morning and start the coffee maker. Then I sit with a cup of brew and check the latest forum posts. Makes a wonderful start to my day.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
CIP proves once again that with green comes envy. :rofl:

Seriously, though, this is a great forum and it I think what makes it great is that it goes beyond being a parts, modifications, and technical resource like so many bike forums are. The personal interaction, like the wonderful ride reports that take us together all over the world on this motorcycle, is the difference maker, I think. This forum is not just a resource, it's a communit, and I'm glad to be a part of it.
I can report the same feelings about the ZX14 board..
It's a fine board, but it would have been a lot more interesting to me if I were 30 years younger..
 
Hey CIP, thanks for this note. It is honestly appreciated.

A couple of thoughts:
1.) I'm glad that you're sticking around this place!
2.) The Ninja 1000 forum is lucky to have you, maybe you can help bring up the overall interest level. Your participation sure can't hurt.
 
If you look through the list of "Discussion Areas" on this forum, you will that almost every area has had a comment made within the the last 7 days. That kind of input is what makes this such a great place. As it happens, I was (not so) recently banned from another CB1100 forum for not posting for a period of three months. I find this ironic since that forum has discussion areas in which there haven't been posts for 8 or 9 months and they only get a few new on any given day. I couldn't care less about the ban or that forum, but it demonstrates that CIP's experience is not unique to Ninja forums. In fact it's not brand-dependent at all. The success or lack of success seems to be contingent on the desire of the members to contribute to their forum in a positive and helpful manner.
 
I guess I'm double lucky, I also have a 2014 Honda 250L dual sport, Over at Thumper Talk we have a sub forum that is very active and helpful with the same kind of camaraderie from all over the world just like this board. :beerchug:
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Lucky? You say lucky? The only reason I keep coming back is I don't remember what I read last time.

Cheers
Plus the ferret and I change stuff before you make your way back. That way if you do start remembering, but aren't exactly sure, you'll just think "huh, I guess I can't remember after all". Then you come back another time or two just to double check, but by then you've become sidetracked with some other posts. As long as we stay ahead of the game that is.
 
So the Honda saying "You meet the nicest people on a Honda" must be true :cool: I must say as well that this is the best forum I've been on. I think I now spend more time here than on Facebook.
 
redbirds_imp said:
I get up in the morning and start the coffee maker. Then I sit with a cup of brew and check the latest forum posts. Makes a wonderful start to my day.
I'm doing this same thing right now while the wife, and visiting relatives, are asleep. Why does the coffee always taste better when I have a few moments to read and think about motorcycles, quietly???? Anyway, I belong to a few other forums...but they are two quiet and just don't have that family feel that this one does. Kudo's to all!!
 
Guth_imp said:
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Lucky? You say lucky? The only reason I keep coming back is I don't remember what I read last time.

Cheers
Plus the ferret and I change stuff before you make your way back. That way if you do start remembering, but aren't exactly sure, you'll just think "huh, I guess I can't remember after all". Then you come back another time or two just to double check, but by then you've become sidetracked with some other posts. As long as we stay ahead of the game that is.
Plus the ferret and I change stuff before you make your way back. That way if you do start remembering, but aren't exactly sure, you'll just think "huh, I guess I can't remember after all". Then you come back another time or two just to double check, but by then you've become sidetracked with some other posts. As long as we stay ahead of the game that is.
LOL
 
Guth_imp said:
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Lucky? You say lucky? The only reason I keep coming back is I don't remember what I read last time.

Cheers
Plus the ferret and I change stuff before you make your way back. That way if you do start remembering, but aren't exactly sure, you'll just think "huh, I guess I can't remember after all". Then you come back another time or two just to double check, but by then you've become sidetracked with some other posts. As long as we stay ahead of the game that is.
Plus the ferret and I change stuff before you make your way back. That way if you do start remembering, but aren't exactly sure, you'll just think "huh, I guess I can't remember after all". Then you come back another time or two just to double check, but by then you've become sidetracked with some other posts. As long as we stay ahead of the game that is.
Is that what is happening. I thought it was just mental confusion. I worried that latter this month I would be standing, alone, in a "holler" in backwoods NC, thinking "I'm SURE they said May 2015" :).

Cheers
 
ride4now_imp said:
redbirds_imp said:
I get up in the morning and start the coffee maker. Then I sit with a cup of brew and check the latest forum posts. Makes a wonderful start to my day.
I'm doing this same thing right now while the wife, and visiting relatives, are asleep. Why does the coffee always taste better when I have a few moments to read and think about motorcycles, quietly???? Anyway, I belong to a few other forums...but they are two quiet and just don't have that family feel that this one does. Kudo's to all!!
I'm doing this same thing right now while the wife, and visiting relatives, are asleep. Why does the coffee always taste better when I have a few moments to read and think about motorcycles, quietly???? Anyway, I belong to a few other forums...but they are two quiet and just don't have that family feel that this one does. Kudo's to all!!
Looking at the bikes you own. That's quite a perfect stable. Harley, CB, and KLR. Yep. Perfect.
 
Back
Top