Yoshimura RSCV installation advice

Luge_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hello all, I am looking for any tips or advice on installing the Yoshimura RSCV full exhaust on a 2014 std, I have the updated part number 121110K500 for the 2014 model, I have read the instructions, and I am curious if it is possible to to do the install without removing the front wheel and fender as the instructions state? Thanks Luge.
 
I am not familiar with that exhaust installation but removing the front wheel and fender is no big deal. I can see where getting them out of the way would make things easier.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
I had my dealer install mine, but I cannot imagine doing it without removing the front wheel. Well, I guess maybe you could do it if you could get the bike on a lift that didn't secure the front wheel and didn't interfere with the installation. You'd have to lift it high enough to slide the pipes in from underneath with the front wheel turned to the right. ... I guess i CAN imagine doing this without removing the front wheel! LOL However, even my theory that it could be possible is correct, it seems like it would be a lot easier just to remove the front wheel.
 
I installed my Yoshi pipe this winter myself on my 2014. Funny but I did not read having to remove the front wheel. I would advise taking the Front fender off as I put a small scratch on the pipe getting it past the fender.

I installed the pipe while the bike was on the bike lift and I could not turn the front wheel. If I could have I am pretty sure it would have helped.

If I could post pictures I can show it.

As for the directions... you HAVE to wrap the frame in nice cushy towels and tie-wrap them in place. You really have to tweek the pipe around the frame.
Since I cannot post a picture see the link for a few I took. The one with the pipe installed you can see the little scratch in the pipe. I will dress this up better this summer.

Hope this helps you.

http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/teamvi...t=3&page=1
 
Thread starter
Thank you, It does really help me, I now know that it can be done without removing the wheel, The pipe will be here on Tuesday, I was reading instructions on the Yoshimura website, I think I will put the bike on the centerstand, (I do not have a lift), that way I can move the wheel if needed and do the install.
 
The centerstand stop is a little fussy to install, just make sure it’s right one; it’s different for single and dual exhaust stands
 
Not sure you can do this with the center stand down... it will make it harder I am sure as you need to move the muffler side to side to get it through the frame. With the stand down you will not be able to do this.

The Center stand cushion was the biggest problem with the spacers. Did a little cussing with that part of the job.

I did this all alone. An extra hand would be a HUGE asset.
 
I installed my yoshi system myself also on my 14 you do have to remove the front fender but do not have to remove the wheel. I did it with the bike on the kickstand and opted to remove my center stand not only for the new exhaust system but for aesthetic reasons I definitely suggest having someone to help you and I also coverd the front frame tubes with blue painters tape to protect from scratches. take your time and be careful and have all the hardware, gaskets and flanges in place before you install past the frame so you can bolt everything up!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
 
I asked this question of Yoshimura... the answer is no you do not the bike's fuel system will adjust. I hate to say it but I installed the pipe on a 0 miles bike and have yet to ride it. Bought it this winter and installed the pipe. Will not be able to test it till July.

I have read through so many posts on here. So much great information! After the bike gets broken in I will have the box flashed or remapped. Sounds like a great up-grade.
 
Looks good - Losing the large cat on the stock system really opens the bike up.

Condsider adding the TSR air funnel and the PC V.

You'll be all :D
 
Arctic cb1100_imp said:
I installed my yoshi system myself also on my 14 you do have to remove the front fender but do not have to remove the wheel. I did it with the bike on the kickstand and opted to remove my center stand not only for the new exhaust system but for aesthetic reasons I definitely suggest having someone to help you and I also coverd the front frame tubes with blue painters tape to protect from scratches. take your time and be careful and have all the hardware, gaskets and flanges in place before you install past the frame so you can bolt everything up!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
This may seem like a silly question to some (all?) of you but why does everyone leave the red decal (I'm assuming that's what it is, I've never actually seen one in person) on their Yoshimura exhaust?

Is it something like having RLETs?
 
Thread starter
Yoshimura arrived today, The pipe looks good from a distance, But I was a little unhappy upon closer inspection, There was a dent in the pipe around two inches past the first section weld coming toward the head from the rear, also a small crease line in the same area, It was done before the ceramic coating, also some weld splatter was in a few places, that should have been removed before coating, Also around the head pipe flange I will have to do some filing to make it smooth, I expected more from a $1169 pipe, Maybe I am to critical? But I was a welder for several years and look for those things,I may talk with Yoshimura before the install and see what they say about the dents, Anybody else have any tiny dings in there new pipe right out of the box?
 
I'd be thinking about sending it back.
 
I didn’t have any dings or dents in mine when I got it. Also, in response to the other post regarding the red decal on the pipe, it’s not riveted on. It is a metallic sticker that I took off because I found it garish.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
8d8eb899368b1d6d0c87de44d7e3c083.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Yes, Iam, seriously considering sending it back, But I wanted to see if anyone else had tiny dings in the same area, Maybe from the jig that it was set up in for welding? It is thin gauge stainless, Or someone let the bad section of pipe slip through quality control before welding?, Maybe it was made on a Friday or Monday? This pipe was made by Yoshimura USA,So the box says, It seems to me that the best quality on honda's comes from Japan?
Thanks for the reply, I now want to send it back, My pipe does have a plate riveted on the bottom that states it is for closed course competition only.
Also my pipe was wrapped in plastic bubble wrap then plastic sheet, then dropped into a box, then expanding spray insulation foam was sprayed to connect it to the box, It was very secure, but I have never seen that did before on shipping parts, It took awhile to unbox!
I did not want to have to hand fit the pipe like a Colt race gun 1911 trigger! Those head flanges have some serious out of round issues!
 
Thread starter
COCB1100_imp said:
I didn’t have any dings or dents in mine when I got it. Also, in response to the other post regarding the red decal on the pipe, it’s not riveted on. It is a metallic sticker that I took off because I found it garish.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
8d8eb899368b1d6d0c87de44d7e3c083.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very Nice Ride!
 
Back
Top