Yoshimura RSCV Full Exhaust System

I still can't take the look of those rear seat racks on what is supposed to be a sporty looking/sounding bike, reminds me of putting mags on a 4 door car....
 
HikerToo_imp said:
I still can't take the look of those rear seat racks on what is supposed to be a sporty looking/sounding bike, reminds me of putting mags on a 4 door car....
Yeah but those mags don't have a useful reason to be there. A rack does. Function over form once in a while....
 
ClassicVW_imp said:
HikerToo_imp said:
I still can't take the look of those rear seat racks on what is supposed to be a sporty looking/sounding bike, reminds me of putting mags on a 4 door car....
Yeah but those mags don't have a useful reason to be there. A rack does. Function over form once in a while....
Yeah but those mags don't have a useful reason to be there. A rack does. Function over form once in a while.... :-)
OK, how about I use a car with roof/bicycle rack as comparison, and mags? Like you see Audi A4's and BMW's running around with bike racks too
 
Razor_imp said:
Received & installed the exhaust. As previously mentioned and I thought there was another post detailing why the supplied center stand bracket doesn't work for the 2014 CB1100 (Std. model, not sure about the others).

The 2014 center stand return springs were relocated from the side to the center.
Here's the stand out with Yoshimura bracket, and return springs. The springs will hit the stand when it retracts. Others have cut the bracket in two pieces leaving enough room for the springs. Not sure how that will hold up over time.

d6f3572e1b630bdc794f479125e0998d.jpg


Here's a shot without the springs, loosely on the bike

b8b778f22eefaecd82232963b8d94528.jpg


At this point I'm leaving the center stand off, and will likely add this to the winter project list. Initial thoughts include some sort of stop/bracket that utilizes the stock center exhaust support (not used for the Yoshimura system).

Really like the exhaust:D. Not loud, but has the look & throaty sound I was after.
8f2f7dd9d8ca7641596cc82f86e27d2c.jpg
Razor, a few questions. I don't have my CB yet (but soon) so please forgive my arrogance. I'm getting a 14 STD.

1. How much louder then stock is this exhaust?
2. How much did the stock exhaust weigh vs the new one? (Weight savings of...)
3. Is there a side stand in addition to the center stand? Or did you have to add an aftermarket stand along with the new exhaust?

Looks great by the way.
 
benspeed83_imp said:
Razor_imp said:
Received & installed the exhaust. As previously mentioned and I thought there was another post detailing why the supplied center stand bracket doesn't work for the 2014 CB1100 (Std. model, not sure about the others).

The 2014 center stand return springs were relocated from the side to the center.
Here's the stand out with Yoshimura bracket, and return springs. The springs will hit the stand when it retracts. Others have cut the bracket in two pieces leaving enough room for the springs. Not sure how that will hold up over time.

d6f3572e1b630bdc794f479125e0998d.jpg


Here's a shot without the springs, loosely on the bike

b8b778f22eefaecd82232963b8d94528.jpg


At this point I'm leaving the center stand off, and will likely add this to the winter project list. Initial thoughts include some sort of stop/bracket that utilizes the stock center exhaust support (not used for the Yoshimura system).

Really like the exhaust:D. Not loud, but has the look & throaty sound I was after.
8f2f7dd9d8ca7641596cc82f86e27d2c.jpg
Razor, a few questions. I don't have my CB yet (but soon) so please forgive my arrogance. I'm getting a 14 STD.

1. How much louder then stock is this exhaust?
2. How much did the stock exhaust weigh vs the new one? (Weight savings of...)
3. Is there a side stand in addition to the center stand? Or did you have to add an aftermarket stand along with the new exhaust?

Looks great by the way.
Good luck with your new bike. You won't be regret it. Most fun I've had riding in a long time :biker: :D
HikerToo_imp said:
ClassicVW_imp said:
HikerToo_imp said:
I still can't take the look of those rear seat racks on what is supposed to be a sporty looking/sounding bike, reminds me of putting mags on a 4 door car....
Yeah but those mags don't have a useful reason to be there. A rack does. Function over form once in a while....
Yeah but those mags don't have a useful reason to be there. A rack does. Function over form once in a while.... :-)
OK, how about I use a car with roof/bicycle rack as comparison, and mags? Like you see Audi A4's and BMW's running around with bike racks too
Yeah but those mags don't have a useful reason to be there. A rack does. Function over form once in a while.... :-)
OK, how about I use a car with roof/bicycle rack as comparison, and mags? Like you see Audi A4's and BMW's running around with bike racks too
It does look out of place, but I agree with George "function over form". Used it again to haul oil home from the dealer. Really does come in handy.
 
Thanks for the quick and specific reply. I'm going to copy you on color combo and exhaust but I'm going to do a few other cafe racer style mods as well - nothing too serious. Hope you don't mind.
 
benspeed83_imp said:
Thanks for the quick and specific reply. I'm going to copy you on color combo and exhaust but I'm going to do a few other cafe racer style mods as well - nothing too serious. Hope you don't mind.
Mind? Noooo, love seeing what others do to their bikes. Good luck. Keep us updated. Thanks
 
Fellow Yoshimura RSCV owners: did anyone struggle starting the top acorn nuts on cylinders 2 & 3 (could have those numbers wrong, but I mean the interior cylinders) once the RSCV was positioned? They appear to be too wide to fit onto the upper mounting studs alongside the header tubes. Once the nuts are correctly seated, I suspect they would fit fine as the header tube narrows toward the start of the header, but getting the nuts to that position is causing me a pile of grief and possible stripping the nut:@. Any ideas for how to create a bit more space? Thanks!
 
My '13 CB1100 had the RSCV full exhaust installed when I bought it last month. It has a great sound, it's not overly loud by any means, it looks great, and it attracts positive comments.

The only problem it is that my jacket smells like exhaust when I get off the bike. The plugs are clean, and there's no visible smoke. Best I can tell it's due to a) the lack of a catalytic converter, and b) the shortness of the exhaust and the fact that it angles up.

As much as I hate to do it, I'm probably going to pull the RCSV and replace it with a stock header (assuming that's where the cat is) and an RC3 slip-on. I can't be showing up at work smelling like a motor :-).
 
Ziggy_imp said:
My '13 CB1100 had the RSCV full exhaust installed when I bought it last month. It has a great sound, it's not overly loud by any means, it looks great, and it attracts positive comments.

The only problem it is that my jacket smells like exhaust when I get off the bike. The plugs are clean, and there's no visible smoke. Best I can tell it's due to a) the lack of a catalytic converter, and b) the shortness of the exhaust and the fact that it angles up.

As much as I hate to do it, I'm probably going to pull the RCSV and replace it with a stock header (assuming that's where the cat is) and an RC3 slip-on. I can't be showing up at work smelling like a motor :-).
Thanks for this tidbit, I appreciate it a lot. Was looking at installing this exhaust, but also cannot show up to work smelling like a motor.
 
CIP57_imp said:
shdwghst457_imp said:
It is compatible with the center stand, right?
Yes, just need to install the stop
Yes, just need to install the stop
I'm getting some chain rub on my center stand, does the stop prevent this from happening?

I went to my Honda dealer last week and they weren't aware of a stop/spacer for this. Do you have a link to the part(s) by chance?

Thanks
 
They're compatible with the newer CB1100rs.. If you can find one.

I tried finding a Yoshi pipe . Even went to the Yoshimura factory in Chino. No luck.. Webike? A 4 month wait. If they can get it. Then looked for a Morikawi.. 2 month wait..

Here is the ubsurd part: You pay over $1100 and you still get a mild steel pipe that is painted with high temp paint.
I went and bought a Mizuno from Webike. It was on my door step in 9 days from Japan. $450 including shipping. Mild steel and high temp paint. I brought it to a shop and had it ceramic coated for $300. A short race pipe for $700. Ceramic coated. Plus a removable baffle unlike the Yoshi or Morikawi. Very cool pipe. Different bend than the Yoshi to give it a gurgle sound which sounds pretty cool.
These are also compatible. Plus you can keep your centerstand.
 
Back
Top