SanPete_imp
Been there
+1CIP57_imp said:It sure does have the look, much better match than stock on that bike.

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
+1CIP57_imp said:It sure does have the look, much better match than stock on that bike.

Yeah but those mags don't have a useful reason to be there. A rack does. Function over form once in a while....HikerToo_imp said:I still can't take the look of those rear seat racks on what is supposed to be a sporty looking/sounding bike, reminds me of putting mags on a 4 door car....
Yeah but those mags don't have a useful reason to be there. A rack does. Function over form once in a while....ClassicVW_imp said:Yeah but those mags don't have a useful reason to be there. A rack does. Function over form once in a while....HikerToo_imp said:I still can't take the look of those rear seat racks on what is supposed to be a sporty looking/sounding bike, reminds me of putting mags on a 4 door car....

Razor, a few questions. I don't have my CB yet (but soon) so please forgive my arrogance. I'm getting a 14 STD.Razor_imp said:Received & installed the exhaust. As previously mentioned and I thought there was another post detailing why the supplied center stand bracket doesn't work for the 2014 CB1100 (Std. model, not sure about the others).
The 2014 center stand return springs were relocated from the side to the center.
Here's the stand out with Yoshimura bracket, and return springs. The springs will hit the stand when it retracts. Others have cut the bracket in two pieces leaving enough room for the springs. Not sure how that will hold up over time.
![]()
Here's a shot without the springs, loosely on the bike
![]()
At this point I'm leaving the center stand off, and will likely add this to the winter project list. Initial thoughts include some sort of stop/bracket that utilizes the stock center exhaust support (not used for the Yoshimura system).
Really like the exhaust. Not loud, but has the look & throaty sound I was after.
![]()
Good luck with your new bike. You won't be regret it. Most fun I've had riding in a long time :biker:benspeed83_imp said:Razor, a few questions. I don't have my CB yet (but soon) so please forgive my arrogance. I'm getting a 14 STD.Razor_imp said:Received & installed the exhaust. As previously mentioned and I thought there was another post detailing why the supplied center stand bracket doesn't work for the 2014 CB1100 (Std. model, not sure about the others).
The 2014 center stand return springs were relocated from the side to the center.
Here's the stand out with Yoshimura bracket, and return springs. The springs will hit the stand when it retracts. Others have cut the bracket in two pieces leaving enough room for the springs. Not sure how that will hold up over time.
![]()
Here's a shot without the springs, loosely on the bike
![]()
At this point I'm leaving the center stand off, and will likely add this to the winter project list. Initial thoughts include some sort of stop/bracket that utilizes the stock center exhaust support (not used for the Yoshimura system).
Really like the exhaust. Not loud, but has the look & throaty sound I was after.
![]()
1. How much louder then stock is this exhaust?
2. How much did the stock exhaust weigh vs the new one? (Weight savings of...)
3. Is there a side stand in addition to the center stand? Or did you have to add an aftermarket stand along with the new exhaust?
Looks great by the way.

Yeah but those mags don't have a useful reason to be there. A rack does. Function over form once in a while....HikerToo_imp said:Yeah but those mags don't have a useful reason to be there. A rack does. Function over form once in a while....ClassicVW_imp said:Yeah but those mags don't have a useful reason to be there. A rack does. Function over form once in a while....HikerToo_imp said:I still can't take the look of those rear seat racks on what is supposed to be a sporty looking/sounding bike, reminds me of putting mags on a 4 door car....
OK, how about I use a car with roof/bicycle rack as comparison, and mags? Like you see Audi A4's and BMW's running around with bike racks too

Mind? Noooo, love seeing what others do to their bikes. Good luck. Keep us updated. Thanksbenspeed83_imp said:Thanks for the quick and specific reply. I'm going to copy you on color combo and exhaust but I'm going to do a few other cafe racer style mods as well - nothing too serious. Hope you don't mind.
. Any ideas for how to create a bit more space? Thanks!
.
Thanks for this tidbit, I appreciate it a lot. Was looking at installing this exhaust, but also cannot show up to work smelling like a motor.Ziggy_imp said:My '13 CB1100 had the RSCV full exhaust installed when I bought it last month. It has a great sound, it's not overly loud by any means, it looks great, and it attracts positive comments.
The only problem it is that my jacket smells like exhaust when I get off the bike. The plugs are clean, and there's no visible smoke. Best I can tell it's due to a) the lack of a catalytic converter, and b) the shortness of the exhaust and the fact that it angles up.
As much as I hate to do it, I'm probably going to pull the RCSV and replace it with a stock header (assuming that's where the cat is) and an RC3 slip-on. I can't be showing up at work smelling like a motor.
Yes, just need to install the stopCIP57_imp said:Yes, just need to install the stopshdwghst457_imp said:It is compatible with the center stand, right?