Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
http://www.samurider.com/?p=3804Greg_imp said:
Steve, it's my two outside pipes and only on the forward facing surfaces. It could only be caused by something in the air ... maybe bugs that burned up while degrading the finish? I'm stumped.CIP57_imp said:Greg, it seems to be the outside down pipe, are they all doing it or just that one pipe. I mentioned to ES to put a fender extender when he bought his Yoshi, mine is pitting in the middle from road debris.
Steve, it's my two outside pipes and only on the forward facing surfaces. It could only be caused by something in the air ... maybe bugs that burned up while degrading the finish? I'm stumped.Greg_imp said:Steve, it's my two outside pipes and only on the forward facing surfaces. It could only be caused by something in the air ... maybe bugs that burned up while degrading the finish? I'm stumped.CIP57_imp said:Greg, it seems to be the outside down pipe, are they all doing it or just that one pipe. I mentioned to ES to put a fender extender when he bought his Yoshi, mine is pitting in the middle from road debris.
Elipten, they're Clearwater Darla LEDs. I posted about them here. That post was two weeks ago but I took the pictures 5 months ago and the pipes weren't showing any rust then.Elipten_imp said:What brand and model is that light, and how did you mount?
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Could be. Regardless of what underlying material the pipes are made from, the "black" is going to be some sort of coating that will likely degrade over time.Rebel73_imp said:So the stainless steel pipes shouldn't rust? Would there be any issue with black pipes? I'm looking at the Moriwaki black 4-2.
Toddman,Toddman_imp said:I'm new here but I'd like to chime in. Been riding for about 40 years and have had more than one set of black headers. They just need to be painted when this happens (and it's going to happen). One possibility exists that when they were installed, they weren't cleaned before they were cured. Grease/oil from your hands will eventually lead to this if heated and allowed to cook onto the pipe surface. The fix is easy enough though. Take them off and sand lightly. Shoot them again with heat paint with a thin two coats. After you install them, clean where they were touched and go for a ride. They will smoke a bit at first and they will look brand new too.
