Yoshimura RS3 Carbon Slipon

kevbroce_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I haven't seen any pictures of this one yet. Just put it on last night, I'll get some better ones up soon. I was afraid it would be too loud, but even without the included silencer/dB killer I'm fine with it. It seems pretty bassy, but I haven't heard another CB1100, stock or otherwise so maybe that's typical on these bikes. With the silencer in it lowers the bass/rumble more than I would have expected, should be nice for road trips.

It's not the level quality of what people describe the Staintune Slipon, but I'm completely happy with the quality of it for the price.

Yoshimura RS3 Carbon

The only problem is it's kinda boy-racerish looking... DOH. I was afraid of that but I want to darken up the look of the bike. I'm hoping the Carbon Fiber/Red Side Covers I ordered tie it together. I did a mock up image, I think it'll look good. I never understood why they shipped a red tank with a silver side cover. It looks Ok, just a kinda unfinished.

[url=https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5Ew9aG3DIjadmdqYi01QXBaYjQ/edit?usp=docslist_api]Mockup
 
Looks good with the red/carbon side covers.

I think most of us can't understand why the silver side covers.
 
Thread starter
I'm not a big fan of blued titanium, but that's a quality piece. The RS-3's are made in the US I believe and are nicer that stock, but they aren't as nice as that. I like the shape of the RS-3 can, I'm not big on megaphones or even the stock exhaust seemed a little odd in how it flairs out. I do like the Staintune, I think the stock exhaust should have looked closer that. I ordered the Yoshi two days ago from motorcyclegear.com and it showed up last night. First time ordering from them, no complaints.

Hopefully the covers don't take too long, my bike's even more of a hodge podge with a carbon fiber exhaust, silver sidecovers, red tank, chrome fenders.
 
Ive bought a lot from motorcyclegear.com good people to deal with
 
The sound from a video does not make it justice, at least in my experience. You have to listen to them in person to really appreciate any exhaust. This one in particular sounds really good IMHO. Just be careful where you rest your foot on the peg. I burned through my pants while resting my heal on the pipe, it left a black stain mark (sorry greg). They sell an add on piece that remedies this, I just can't remember the name off the top of my head. Rear set maybe?
HondaJon_imp said:
Yoshi has always made nice stuff. I thought long and hard on this one, but I couldn't do the 8-12 week delivery time.

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=95735.0
I've been eyeballing this for a long time as well, just wish I could see it in person. How is the Staintune by the way? Are you happy with it?
 
Nice !!

I'm looking for a more bassy sound not necessarily louder or barker .. If the stock pipes were 4 - 4 with the stock bassy sound coming from 4 pipes it MAY have sounded different ??

Any sound videos of the yoshimura can would be really appreciated
 
Thread starter
I know there is a video or two of the stainless RS3 on YouTube, I believe it's been posted in this forum before. My understanding is carbon exhausts have a mellower sound than stainless. I've never A/B'd the two, but I'd believe it based on how it feels to handle and my understanding of sound absorption. I'm very happy with the sound, at first it seemed loud (since stock is so quiet) but I've had it on for over 1,000 miles and it hasn't bothered me at all. I hear sport bikes and cruisers all the time that I think would drive me crazy after a while, with the stock header it's pretty mellow to me.
 
eakngcobra,

To clarify, what is rubbing against the chain ? the yoshi slip on/mid pipe OR the supplied Yoshi center stand bracket that has to be installed if you want to use the center stand ?

I need to go home and check but I dont think either the slip-on/mid-pipe OR the yoshi center stand bracket was even close to rubbing the chain .. even with or without the bike on the center stand .. Is the chain tension too loose ?
 
Thread starter
I'm guessing you mean the center stand? If I recall correctly, the center stand stops by hitting the stock exhaust, with the yoshi you install a stop a bracket/stop where the center stand connects to the frame. It's not the funnest thing to install, but it wasn't that bad. I haven't had any issues.
 
I bought the yoshi used on here. I didn't get any bracket for the center stand. The centerstand is rubbing the chain. I see where I could make an extension for the centerstand to hit the frame. I wonder if i could get just the bracket for the centerstand?
 
Try calling the 1-800 phone number in the instructions to see if you can order the center stand bracket from yoshimura .. I was told that the slip ons are made in southern cal and mine was mad after ordering so it took 2 weeks to make ..so there's a good chance the bracket may be in stock there
 
Back
Top