Yoshimura RS-3

i got a polished one and like it, good deal for the price. it's a little louder than stock w/the restrictor installed, but is quieter than my buddy's stock 013 bonneville (i hear him over my bike while cruising, despite wind and my bike.) i honestly couldn't tell any performance gains w/it, but i like it enough to keep it over stock one.

however, i did notice improvement when i put on 17t front sprocket--it accelerates quicker plus the bike still hits the limiter well before it stops pulling.
 
Weighs a little less than stock. Better throttle response, took the slight hesitation out of mine when accellerating between about 3500 & 3800 rpm. It is really quiet with the quiet baffle installed, I run mine without and it is no where near obnoxious. My fuel/air ratio is still about perfect without a fuel programmer and mine dynoed at 87 hp.
 
I like the look, sound and performance of my RS-3 slip-on. I have the stainless steel version as well. My CB came from the dealer with one installed so I don't know how much it differs from stock. If I ever need to replace it (or find an extra $800 laying around), I'll go with the Staintune muffler. But, for the price, the Yoshi RS-3 is a great option.
 
Thread starter
KennyB_imp said:
Weighs a little less than stock. Better throttle response, took the slight hesitation out of mine when accellerating between about 3500 & 3800 rpm. It is really quiet with the quiet baffle installed, I run mine without and it is no where near obnoxious. My fuel/air ratio is still about perfect without a fuel programmer and mine dynoed at 87 hp.
Did you take the center stand off or am I just not seeing it? If its off how much work was it to remove. Thanks
 
Mine came with the parts needed to keep the center stand. I had the local Honda shop install for me. Getting lazy I guess.
 
I have one, looks and sounds a million times better than stock. I have no baffle, bought the 13 model for my 2014, got the 14 center stand stop from yoshimora. Very easy install and it doesn't sound like your grandmothers sewing machine now. Nothing but compliments and a fraction of the cost of some others. Bought mine on eBay for 285.00 and free shipping. Turns out it came from sport bike track gear which is a good company. What model and year is your bike. Different center stand stops for each year, make sure you get the right one. 2013 has the spring on the side of the stand and 14 has the spring in the middle which uses a different bracket. I found this out the hard way.
 
I've had the carbon version for over 16,000 miles. Probably weighs less than anything else out there, sounds great. Not too loud even without the baffle. Only thing to know is you'll lose some ground clearance if you're leaning over, I've dragged my pipe.
 
conuresmith_imp said:
KennyB_imp said:
Weighs a little less than stock. Better throttle response, took the slight hesitation out of mine when accellerating between about 3500 & 3800 rpm. It is really quiet with the quiet baffle installed, I run mine without and it is no where near obnoxious. My fuel/air ratio is still about perfect without a fuel programmer and mine dynoed at 87 hp.
Did you take the center stand off or am I just not seeing it? If its off how much work was it to remove. Thanks
Did you take the center stand off or am I just not seeing it? If its off how much work was it to remove. Thanks

Sorry, haven't checked the forum for a few days. I did remove the centerstand. As I recall that's a little over 5 lbs. weight reduction for free. Took maybe 5 minutes? In case you're interested, check out a TIROX SNAPJACK for doing chain adjustments, lube, cleaning, etc. I bought one, only weighs about a pound and takes up no space to pack when traveling, works perfectly as advertised. Consider it $40.00 well spent for any bike without a centerstand.
 
I have the rs-3 on my 2014 standard. For those of you running it without the baffle, did you have any trouble removing it? At a glance it looks like the Allen bolts holding it in are spot welded. Are they actually not or do you have to somehow break the weld?
 
olekzap_imp said:
I have the rs-3 on my 2014 standard. For those of you running it without the baffle, did you have any trouble removing it? At a glance it looks like the Allen bolts holding it in are spot welded. Are they actually not or do you have to somehow break the weld?
The 2014 model does not have a removable baffle, you have to have the previous 2013 model for the removable baffle. I bought the 13 version for my 14 and had Yoshimura send me a 14 center stand stop bracket which is different from the 13.
 
uscgmac_imp said:
olekzap_imp said:
I have the rs-3 on my 2014 standard. For those of you running it without the baffle, did you have any trouble removing it? At a glance it looks like the Allen bolts holding it in are spot welded. Are they actually not or do you have to somehow break the weld?
The 2014 model does not have a removable baffle, you have to have the previous 2013 model for the removable baffle. I bought the 13 version for my 14 and had Yoshimura send me a 14 center stand stop bracket which is different from the 13.
The 2014 model does not have a removable baffle, you have to have the previous 2013 model for the removable baffle. I bought the 13 version for my 14 and had Yoshimura send me a 14 center stand stop bracket which is different from the 13.
Interesting that they switched to non-removable for a new year. Is it actually the same as the 2013 just with welded bolts or is it internally different? Thanks for the info regardless.
 
Back
Top