Yoshimura full ehaust system available

CB4ME_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Just posted on Samurider - hand bent or machine bent Yoshimura full exhaust systems for the DLX. With the current exchange rate, the machine bent system should run about $1000 shipped.

1b419deab447e0b9fc1dc7a208025560.jpg


0dc6d270c448663a0b278fd4d351f512.jpg


Weight: 8.2kg / STD:10.3kg EX:18.5kg
Material: Steel
Sound Volume: 91dB
Fits: Honda CB1100 Deluxe/EX -2014

Not sure if it fits the standard. Is there a different right side mounting point on the DLX?
 
Why would you choose a hand-bent over a machine-bent, or vice versa? Is it strictly aesthetics, or is there a performance difference?

Or do you tie a sweater around your Lauren polo shirt collar and say "my garage man Jeffery hand bent a new set of CB headers in unobtainium last night. Jolly good they are, jolly good."
 
part of the 2014 DLX allure are the 2 chrome mufflers, would hate to give those up...if I owned one that is. 2 Staintune's would be nice though.....
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
Why would you choose a hand-bent over a machine-bent, or vice versa? Is it strictly aesthetics, or is there a performance difference?

Or do you tie a sweater around your Lauren polo shirt collar and say "my garage man Jeffery hand bent a new set of CB headers in unobtainium last night. Jolly good they are, jolly good."
I think it is partly due to the "hand-bends" being more gradual with larger radii and would tend to flow better (marginally). The process also takes longer, therefore it is more expensive. You are paying for the craftsmanship. Below is a video to show how it is done. Often the pipe is packed with sand to act as a mandrel which prevents deformation during the bend and maintains good flow.


"Machine-bent" radii are generally restricted to specific dies, so all of the bends on the header will usually be of the same radius. This process can be CNC controlled, and is therefore much quicker and less expensive. If an internal mandrel is not used, there can be some pipe deformation which can affect flow.

P.S. I couldn't get a good English translation on the Yoshimura web sit, but is it safe to assume that you can retain the centre stand and that you would not have to remove the header to access the oil filter?
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
Why would you choose a hand-bent over a machine-bent, or vice versa? Is it strictly aesthetics, or is there a performance difference?

Or do you tie a sweater around your Lauren polo shirt collar and say "my garage man Jeffery hand bent a new set of CB headers in unobtainium last night. Jolly good they are, jolly good."
^^^^^. :clap: The grass fed organic unobtanium is the superior material. Tom and Angelina use it. Jeffrey can get it. A little more to pay but, well, you know.

Cheers
 
Thread starter
Takashi added this to his Facebook page a few hours ago:

8b17644edc44da0519a4d65f0e1344cd.jpg


b4d0025de7b935ae09158c8439a49329.jpg


Yoshimura drag exhaust for the CB1100!!!
 
Thanks for that great answer, Gumby. (I'm GUMBY,darn it!)

The more I see of the black pipes the more I like them. I put VHS high-temp flat black on my DL1000 headers and it looked great. I had to touch it up from time to time where it took rock hits, but that was no biggie.

I'm thinking of doing it with the CB, and painting my 2Bros pipe and can to match. I couldn't bring myself to spray the beautiful OEM pipe though. After spending years and a heap o' cash to find an OEM exhaust for my '77 Low Rider, I'm keeping the CB's stock parts intact!
Is that Yosh kit titanium? Any mention of price?
 
Spaceman,

Occasionally experience gained designing tubular steel products for a living comes in handy ;)

I too like the black pipes. My Canadian CB1100 has the blue tank just like the Japanese standard in the photos which looks great.

But now, with the Yoshimura Titanium Drag pipes also available for $1650...decisions, decisions...the blue tinted titanium would also look good with my blue tank. I'm more than a little worried though about the noise level from the drag pipes. I think Yoshimura states 97 db at 3500 rpm but Samurider shows only 93 db (maybe at idle?).
 
Thread starter
More on Yoshimura Drag Pipes from Samurider:

¥178,000 ($1650 at current exchange rate)

Stock Status : Built to order (about 1 month per Takashi's Facebook post)

"Gain great power in all ranges. Hand bended full exhaust system."

Material: Titanium
Sound volume: 93db
Weight: 5.0kg / STD10.8kg
Fits: Honda CB1100 2010-2014
*not for Deluxe/EX model

54cb0d28402e80989239be24b9088584.jpg


0c2e31ef8c1e5c029fd973605164effb.jpg


$1650 is a good price. My Staintune slip-on and Motogear headers cost that much and the Yoshimura system ROCKS! And I can believe 97 db. What's it like at redline?
 
Back
Top