Yoshimura Exhaust

JohnLM_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Sorry about another exhaust thread but I've looked all through the site as much as I could and not found very much info on the Yoshi full system . Anyone running one of these ? The Yoshimura tech people said you don't have to use a fuel management system with it . I don't mind if it is somewhat quiet or you don't gain very much power , I like the look of it .Thanks everyone
 
I installed a yoshimura exhaust and did the pair valve mod. It seems to run great. I had a local shop run it on their dyno to check the air fuel ratio and it is running at an average of 13. So I decided not to invest in a programer. I will try and get the graphs and numbers posted this weekend.
 
Rick Froscheiser_imp said:
I installed a yoshimura exhaust and did the pair valve mod. It seems to run great. I had a local shop run it on their dyno to check the air fuel ratio and it is running at an average of 13. So I decided not to invest in a programer. I will try and get the graphs and numbers posted this weekend.
Rick,

Is there still good access to the oil filter with this system? According to the Yoshimura web site, they only state that the Oil Plug is still accessible and that you can still use the stock Centre Stand. Do any modifications to the centre stand bracket need to be made if you have a 2014 CB1100?

Thanks in advance!
 
Gumby 1100_imp said:
Rick Froscheiser_imp said:
I installed a yoshimura exhaust and did the pair valve mod. It seems to run great. I had a local shop run it on their dyno to check the air fuel ratio and it is running at an average of 13. So I decided not to invest in a programer. I will try and get the graphs and numbers posted this weekend.
Rick,

Is there still good access to the oil filter with this system? According to the Yoshimura web site, they only state that the Oil Plug is still accessible and that you can still use the stock Centre Stand. Do any modifications to the centre stand bracket need to be made if you have a 2014 CB1100?

Thanks in advance!
Rick,

Is there still good access to the oil filter with this system? According to the Yoshimura web site, they only state that the Oil Plug is still accessible and that you can still use the stock Centre Stand. Do any modifications to the centre stand bracket need to be made if you have a 2014 CB1100?

Thanks in advance!

I have a 2013 so do not know about brackets for the 2014. It looks like I can get the filter off ok. I have not tried yet. Only have about 300 mile on last oil change.
 
John,

I have a 2013 and there are no issue regarding the oil filter. The stock exhaust does have a stop for the center stand, when you install the Yoshi it does require a bracket to be installed for that stop which is included. You can expect gains without any A/f ratio changes. Here's a sound bite with the pair mod::



The 2014 requires a bit of modification to use the stand unless the manufacturer has recently come up with a new design.

[URL=https://cb1100forum.net/threads/60884/]http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4020&highlight=yoshi
 
Thread starter
Thanks CIP57 for the sound bite , that really lets us hear what the Yoshi sounds like . I believe they have sorted out a bracket for the center stand for the 2014 model . It was kind of funny when I talked to the Yoshi tech guy a couple of days ago about the full system he kept bringing up every sentence that the pipe was only to be used on the track . Legally he probably had to say that , but 3 times ?
 
It feels like the throttle responce is a little quicker to me. But that could just be me. I do like the looks better than the stock exhaust for the style of the bike.
 
I also installed the RSCV exhaust this year. I have not done the Dyno test for this so thank you Rick for posting your results.
I also feel that the throttle response is quicker but have not tested to prove it. I did measure the max sound that it produces. I did not get a specific at idle but the throttle produces 91db to 113db when being rev'ed. That is still more quiet than a silenced .22 rifle.
 
Back
Top