Half my commute is highway, half is surface streets (almost exactly). I try to be in fifth as much as possible, but I don't have any problems gassing it when the occasion calls for it. ;-)Flynrider_imp said:That's pretty good. I suspect you spend a lot of time on the highway, or have a very light hand on the throttle. You're getting much better mileage than I do.AzBob_imp said:How many miles do you usually get to a tank? I regularly fill at 170 miles or so, and usually have half a gallon or so left meaning I can probably run it to close to 200.
I spend about 75% of my time in the city and am known for being somewhat of a lead wrist. At my typical 42 mpg, my last bar starts flashing at around 120 miles, with one gallon remaining.
In general, though, I'm pretty easy on the throttle. I average ~50mpg. If it's any indication, I get about 40mpg on my CBR. :-D