the Ferret
Road warrior
Sanoke yours are amazing clean with no spots I see. Most I see are spotted, and Cormanus's are almost black.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
There are plenty of spots. The camera just didn't pick them up at that resolution. I do try to keep them clean so the road grime doesn't get baked in.The ferret_imp said:Sanoke yours are amazing clean with no spots I see. Most I see are spotted, and Cormanus's are almost black.
I too love the golden color. Got caught in a rain storm the previous weekend, so I spent the better part of Saturday on wash, detail and polish. Getting all the road crud and rain spots polished out of the pipe and headers was the final step...sanoke_imp said:After 37,000 miles, mine almost look like they are gold anodized. I like it!
![]()
Buy you one. They look good, and sound better, on any color CB!Toddman_imp said:That slip-on would look real good on my black CB.
Go with Jet Hot if you can.They look good in the picture, will you just live with them how they are ...or lodge a complaint with the company who did them?JPX_imp said:Well, I got my header back today. I can recommend the aluminum-ceramic coating but not the shop that did mine.Go with Jet Hot if you can.
There are runs in the coating on the front of three of the header pipes exiting the engine, and the main collector pipe is dented in from them not packaging it very well before shipping.
JPX' pid='104443' dateline='1441071524 said:Well, I got my header back today. I can recommend the aluminum-ceramic coating but not the shop that did mine.Go with Jet Hot if you can.
There are runs in the coating on the front of three of the header pipes exiting the engine, and the main collector pipe is dented in from them not packaging it very well before shipping.
JPX, looks like new! Do you expect these to stay that way as a result of the coating? I'm not familiar with the process.
Keep us posted if you can once they are installed and you have some mileage on them ok?
Thanks
They look good in the picture, will you just live with them how they are ...or lodge a complaint with the company who did them?HikerToo_imp said:They look good in the picture, will you just live with them how they are ...or lodge a complaint with the company who did them?JPX_imp said:Well, I got my header back today. I can recommend the aluminum-ceramic coating but not the shop that did mine.Go with Jet Hot if you can.
There are runs in the coating on the front of three of the header pipes exiting the engine, and the main collector pipe is dented in from them not packaging it very well before shipping.
jrns_imp said:I'm pretty happy with the way the coating looks. Jet Hot and Cermakrome are basically just ceramic coatings with aluminum infused into it. The research I did beforehand indicated that ceramic coating will not discolor as easily as stainless or chrome.JPX' pid='104443' dateline='1441071524 said:Well, I got my header back today. I can recommend the aluminum-ceramic coating but not the shop that did mine.Go with Jet Hot if you can.
There are runs in the coating on the front of three of the header pipes exiting the engine, and the main collector pipe is dented in from them not packaging it very well before shipping.
JPX, looks like new! Do you expect these to stay that way as a result of the coating? I'm not familiar with the process.
Keep us posted if you can once they are installed and you have some mileage on them ok?
Thanks
I'm going to have my header repaired and re-coated by a different shop so it may be a while.![]()
I don't have the stock muffler anymore but it was turning brown just like the headers after only 800 miles as seen below.Headbanger02_imp said:If you don't mind, before you put it on, take a picture with the stock exhaust for comparison on how it matches up....Thanks