XJR1300 Review

Not near as good looking as the CB 1100. I'm not a fan of the number plates or rear end treatment and wait till you hear the cries from the power hungry...it's still under 100 horsies. Has a ton of torque though.
 
I'm not crazy about the restyled '15 model and it's stripped down / racer look. I really liked the previous versions that (appropriately) just tried to look like a modern standard.
 
Seems to me it takes more than a few cues from the CB1100 without, as Ferret says, being as good looking. At 14.5 liters, the fuel tank is 0.1 liter smaller than the 2010-13 CB1100's. If he was really getting 280kms on a tank he was getting much better mileage. Be lucky to get 250 Kms out of the CBs tank. Pricing in Australia appears about the same as the CB in 2010.
 
I had a black XJR about 2 years ago. It was an awesome beast, certainly fast enough, but compared to the CB it looked like it was crafted by a blacksmith where the CB has beeen lovingly created by an artist.
 
VOZZA_imp said:
I had a black XJR about 2 years ago. It was an awesome beast, certainly fast enough, but compared to the CB it looked like it was crafted by a blacksmith where the CB has beeen lovingly created by an artist.
Ha ! very well put...

I guess the XJR supposed to look like a bike from a 'maker' or something..

I'll take the CB's well finished aesthetic any day, myself.
 
I'll take mine with stainless 4:1 exhaust, 17" wheels please. And paint that front fender same color as tank. I wish they would bring into the US and give us another choice. I do not see CB1100 in Honda's new model intro here in US either.
 
I love this bike! Everything about it...tested it at the recent moto show in Rome and it felt great. For me it is a toss up between this and my Cb.
 
it's a great looking bike. Look at the details. Yamaha has always done the best paint and bodywork job on all their bikes with just a few exceptions. Just look at those beautiful gages and the engine treatment, typical Yamaha and recognizable as one even from a distance. Wonder why they don't sell it in the States? Or do they?
 
Very nice. No, not as good looking as the CB, and I'm not a fan of the fake number plates, but still a great looking bike with nice power, and I've always been a Yammer fan.
 
NightRider_imp said:
it's a great looking bike. Look at the details. Yamaha has always done the best paint and bodywork job on all their bikes with just a few exceptions. Just look at those beautiful gages and the engine treatment, typical Yamaha and recognizable as one even from a distance. Wonder why they don't sell it in the States? Or do they?
No they don't sell it here. This one is kinda like the Honda CB400 Super Four. It's been good seller for about 20 yrs., but it's a standard motorcycle. Standards do just fine in Europe and Japan, but they do not sell well here. The U.S. market has been locked into mostly sport bikes and cruisers for decades. :(
 
Back
Top