2024 MG Stelvio

Can't wait Ollie when you find the opportunity to share your first experience with the 2024 Moto Guzzi Stelvio.

I hope you will be able to show a wee bit of a flick or at least a sound bite (need to hear the lump roar).

You and Mr. P. have potentially a very exciting start to the 2024 riding new year.
 
Thread starter
Thanks GO. I'll need your expertise to somehow get a video/audio posted though.....

Yeah I can't wait to see Mr P's beautiful Thruxton and get his thoughts on it!
 
Ollie_imp said:
Thanks GO. I'll need your expertise to somehow get a video/audio posted though.....

Yeah I can't wait to see Mr P's beautiful Thruxton and get his thoughts on it!
Sure, feel free to reach out. For myself, I don't have the patience to be an fancy video editor. All my internet accessible videos are raw. However, getting them uploaded is no hardship. Posting on the Forum is a non-issue.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Can't wait Ollie when you find the opportunity to share your first experience with the 2024 Moto Guzzi Stelvio.

I hope you will be able to show a wee bit of a flick or at least a sound bite (need to hear the lump roar).

You and Mr. P. have potentially a very exciting start to the 2024 riding new year.
That makes two of us! Congratulations Ollie! They do look like really nice bikes.
 
Thread starter
Today I loaded up my 2015 California on the trailer to head to Tyrone PA to trade and pick up the Stelvio which had arrived last week. They had the heated grips fitted but not the center stand which hasn't arrived yet, so they'll ship it to me whenever it comes in.

By the time I was close to home it was raining and the temp had dropped into the upper 30's, balmy for GO but miserable to me, so after unloading it went straight in the garage. Weather is looking good for the weekend though.

About all I can offer after only riding it around Kissel's lot and on my driveway is;
Ergonomically it feels just like a V85TT which is great for me and just what I hoped for.
The exhaust has a nice sound and the engine isn't clattery and whirling chain sounding like some.
Shifting from neutral to first gear and back reminds me of a Wethead BMW because of the wet clutch drag.
Control of windshield and heated grips are selected in the menu then adjusted with the arrow buttons.
I like the gray and gold color scheme but I don't care for matte finish paint. I'll probably get used to it though.
Under the seat was a package with three lock cylinders keyed to the bike presumably for the optional luggage.
My goodness the stickers and where they put them are horrible and will be coming off tomorrow!



[url=https://postimg.cc/Tp6hYmpV]

[url=https://postimages.org/]

[url=https://postimages.org/]

[url=https://postimages.org/]
 
Congrats

Man, that is a lot of stickers lol
 
Thread starter
Thanks guys! This type motorcycle is perfect for me given where and how I ride so I hope I like it. I'll probably add a set of hard panniers if someone comes out with ones that fit pretty tight. Hopefully Bumot does. Meanwhile I have throw over soft bags. Other than this I just need to figure a way to wire the Garmin mount in a way that I can easily move to the V85TT and back.
 
Ollie, I don't think you have enough warning stickers on that Stelvio. Are you sure you're going to be safe riding it?
I'm not a fan of matte finishes either, but if I'd be stuck with one, I'd rather it be a light color like your yellow.
 
Thread starter
Thank you.
All visible warning stickers are gone! One of them cautioned that "dropping the key in font of the ignition switch could lodge between the frame and forks preventing turning the handlebars".

OK I will attempt to record a 15 second video in the next day or two.
 
A riding bud of mine has an MG Stelvio and loves it. He doesn't hang out in this forum tho, but he might be found in an MG forum. I will ping him regarding this site.
 
A couple weeks ago I took a prairie buddy who is inline-4 and cruiser-minded to view the 2024 Moto Guzzi V100. No Stelvio in the showroom yet. He could not get away from it. Eventually we had to leave the place, me dragging him by the coat shoulder.

Guzzi has got a model streak going with their V85TT, V100 and now the new Stelvio.
 
Back
Top