Wyverns are here!

lash_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
My new exhausts showed up and after I get 1000 kms on the bike I will install the 4x4's. I was thinking of maybe doing a thread on the installation, as all the instructions are in Japanese so that might be of some help to someone else. Not a "how to"but a "how I managed to "thread.
As you can see, they are very well packed and are just flat out gorgeous !! No center stand but I don't care.

 
A how to would be great, or a how you managed whichever it turns out to be lol

Those are some awesome pipes.
 
I know that back in the day people replaced their 4 into 4s with 4 into 1s, but it's always seemed a shame to me that Honda didn't make the CB1100 with 4 into 4 pipes.

They're beautiful, lash.
 
Thread starter
Maybe another week before I get them on, after the first oil change to make sure there's nothing I would have to take back for warranty. Gives me the time to put a game plan together for swapping everything around. I'll try and photo document the whole thing.
To me a CB is 4 pipes, 1 just doesn't look right.
 
May I ask what the price is on those? I dig them, but I heard they can be quite expensive. I'm curious if they would be anywhere close to what I may be able to afford.
 
Thread starter
I know the warranty should not be affected, but I did not want to put them on and then have somebody else taking them off and messing with them. Can't wait to see what they say when the K10 goes on!
The price was $2065.00 shipped. Received them in 4 days from Samurider.
Not bad when you consider that it is 4 complete exhausts. I would think an aftermarket slipon would be in the $500+ range
 
lash_imp said:
My new exhausts showed up and after I get 1000 kms on the bike I will install the 4x4's. I was thinking of maybe doing a thread on the installation, as all the instructions are in Japanese so that might be of some help to someone else. Not a "how to"but a "how I managed to "thread.
As you can see, they are very well packed and are just flat out gorgeous !! No center stand but I don't care.
OMG.. are those *finned* header clamps too ?!

The smooth unfinned header clamps on the stocker were Honda's *other* major styling mistake as far as I'm concerned...

The loss of a center stand is a little sad, but then modern bikes require so little mechanical attention that they are not as required as they used to be in the rosy olden daze...


I'm starting to fear for my wallet....
 
Thread starter


More CB porn !! This is what the header flanges look like along with the left side mounting bracket and the included kickstand. They also include the brass header gaskets and a spring puller tool. Can't wait...
 
lash_imp said:
My new exhausts showed up and after I get 1000 kms on the bike I will install the 4x4's. I was thinking of maybe doing a thread on the installation, as all the instructions are in Japanese so that might be of some help to someone else. Not a "how to"but a "how I managed to "thread.
As you can see, they are very well packed and are just flat out gorgeous !! No center stand but I don't care.
I have the Wyverns and a translated set of instructions. Contact me before installation and I think I can be of some help and advise you of some warnings in the instructions. I was waiting to post my Whitehouse/Wyvern project until it's completed.
Motogeezer1949_imp said:
Changing pipes won't affect your warranty as long as you still have your O2 sensors installed.
The Wyverns can only accommodate one O2 sensor.
 
Thread starter
FJR919, I sent an email, wondering if you received it ? I hope to start on this next week, translated instructions would be great !
 
lash_imp said:
More CB porn !! This is what the header flanges look like along with the left side mounting bracket and the included kickstand. They also include the brass header gaskets and a spring puller tool. Can't wait...
great stuff. hope we can see some close up details of the installed set after it's done !
 
Back
Top