WM Aluminum Cowl

CB4ME_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Just added to Samurider's Facebook page.

0e40d7a0935fae49978d11474747a821.jpg


5146225d5dfdb6fb84485fb0d66f71bd.jpg


e63c4c169561cb14269deae65abb0dcc.jpg
 
Lash 10_imp said:
I too like this cowl , will you have it painted to match the bike ?
You're probably addressing CB4ME but personally, I plan to paint mine black to match my bike. Though i saw a black CB on the history thread that ferret started that had silver side covers and it looks really nice. A bare aluminum cowl with silver side covers might look great. I'm still inclined to paint the cowl though. If i can find some inexpensive silver side covers that someone wants to sell (hint, hint) I'll give that a try first.
 
Look at the difference in the color of the side covers. I think it's rather substantial.



e02dffbb4aaa6cfd85c34fbdcab7a775.jpg
 
MG..paint it black. The chrome tank trim will clash with the brushed aluminum of the cowl, I think. Or jettison the tank trim. Or....go with a chromed cowl and chromed side panels...now THAT would be interesting to see. Post pics of whatever you do.
 
Could anyone who has this cowl on their bike tell me if actually reduces the amount of wind that blasts you speeds over 70 or is it mostly cosmetic ? I like the look of the bike as it came from dealer but if this cowl really works I am definitely interested .
 
I would love to give you a definite answer but it depends on how tall are you and how do you lean on the bike in higher speeds. It definitely took some wind from my chest and belly but I´m 70 inches high (do your math, I´m metric guy) :) Even a small screen work wonders it´s a matter of air flow.

I had a touring "bubble" screen on my previous Honda 1000 Superhawk which worked better but hey thew speeds were a lot higher then on a CB.

To be fair I´d love to have a huge Don Vesco Rabid fairing on the CB.
 
I love the look of the cowl on your bike.
I've ordered it in black and can't wait to install. Thanks for the info on, at least, some chest wind on the highway.
Cheers...
 
Tranahan_imp said:
I love the look of the cowl on your bike.
I've ordered it in black and can't wait to install. Thanks for the info on, at least, some chest wind on the highway.
Cheers...
I'm waiting for my aluminum cowl to be delivered. This is week three since my order and supposedly it takes 3 to 4 weeks of production time plus another week to ship. Getting close. When I ordered the aluminum cowl it only came in bare aluminum although you could opt for the polished aluminum. I didn't see where you could get it already painted black. Is Samurider painting it for you or did you find it somewhere else?
 
Waiting .... waiting ....
 
Back
Top