Wise Group

Sorg67_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
If I buy a CB1100 will I become as wise as you guys?

Seriously, this a pretty philosophic group for a bunch of motorcycle riders.

That is meant as a complement, BTW :thumbsup:
 
You will become as wise as many of us, but The ferret will always remain our Moto Yoda...

...although, a lot of that simply has to do with the way mickey (The ferret) speaks sometimes.

"Every day, taking a ride, you must!"
 
At one time I was one of the 4 smartest guys on this board!

Of course there were only 4 members then, but still :)

Even with RLETS I’m pretty far down on the list now :(
 
I guess the only way to find out is to buy a CB1100 and see what happens.

You really have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
 
If you buy a CB1100, doesn't that prove you are already very wise?
 
Isn't the relatively high wisdom level of this forum due to the average age of its participants (I'm 61, so I'm not being "ageist")? I know I'm much wiser than when I was 30; unfortunately I'm not as intelligent as I was then . . .
 
cookiemech_imp said:
Isn't the relatively high wisdom level of this forum due to the average age of its participants (I'm 61, so I'm not being "ageist")? I know I'm much wiser than when I was 30; unfortunately I'm not as intelligent as I was then . . .
Now there is a discussion - wisdom vs intelligence.:clap:
 
Good judgement comes from experience.

And experience? That comes from poor judgement...:angel:
 
I think we seem wise because most of us know that with the time we have left on this planet, we'd rather be riding than posing.
 
Thread starter
I knew everything when I was 16, it has been downhill since then.
Banned_imp said:
cookiemech_imp said:
Isn't the relatively high wisdom level of this forum due to the average age of its participants (I'm 61, so I'm not being "ageist")? I know I'm much wiser than when I was 30; unfortunately I'm not as intelligent as I was then . . .
Now there is a discussion - wisdom vs intelligence.:clap:
Yes there is a difference and that is an interesting discussion. And there is also a difference between knowledge and intelligence.

I have met some really smart people who were extremely ignorant.

Perhaps wisdom is the effective use of knowledge and intelligence....
 
Sorg67_imp said:
I knew everything when I was 16, it has been downhill since then.
Banned_imp said:
cookiemech_imp said:
Isn't the relatively high wisdom level of this forum due to the average age of its participants (I'm 61, so I'm not being "ageist")? I know I'm much wiser than when I was 30; unfortunately I'm not as intelligent as I was then . . .
Now there is a discussion - wisdom vs intelligence.:clap:
Yes there is a difference and that is an interesting discussion. And there is also a difference between knowledge and intelligence.

I have met some really smart people who were extremely ignorant.

Perhaps wisdom is the effective use of knowledge and intelligence....
Yep. I was married to one of those.
 
Wisdom and Intelligence are a time machine. One's for going forward, the other's for going back. If you don't have both, you have a pretty cruddy time machine on your hands.
 
Thread starter
LongRanger_imp said:
Sorg67_imp said:
I knew everything when I was 16, it has been downhill since then.
Banned_imp said:
cookiemech_imp said:
Isn't the relatively high wisdom level of this forum due to the average age of its participants (I'm 61, so I'm not being "ageist")? I know I'm much wiser than when I was 30; unfortunately I'm not as intelligent as I was then . . .
Now there is a discussion - wisdom vs intelligence.:clap:
Yes there is a difference and that is an interesting discussion. And there is also a difference between knowledge and intelligence.

I have met some really smart people who were extremely ignorant.

Perhaps wisdom is the effective use of knowledge and intelligence....
Yep. I was married to one of those.
Yep. I was married to one of those.
What a coincidence, my wife married one too... :banana:
 
:rofl: hey so did mine.

Maybe we could have a therapy group
 
Slow Poke_imp said:
Ah Grasshopper, the day you can snatch the rlet from my hand, you will have attained the skill and wisdom that you seek.

:rofl: classic
 
Back
Top