Winterizing

My winterizing will consist of asking my wife to sew up a small hole in my neck wind guard for those mornings when it drops below 50.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
My winterizing will consist of asking my wife to sew up a small hole in my neck wind guard for those mornings when it drops below 50.
Stop with the gloating :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
 
Then again where I live we don't have massive fires, black outs, earthquakes, crazy high taxes, sky high inflation (houses are reasonable, food is reasonable, gas is reasonable), regulations on business are reasonable, we don't have a massive immigration problem, we are more conservative than liberal so we are not expected to pay for everybody's everything, we have a low homeless population, we have a low unemployment rate, and unless there is a wreck, no waiting in bumper to bumper traffic and no need to drive between cars to get somewhere.

I'll take the 4 seasons including winter and thank my lucky stars I don't live in California lol
 
The ferret_imp said:
Then again where I live we don't have massive fires, black outs, earthquakes, crazy high taxes, sky high inflation (houses are reasonable, food is reasonable, gas is reasonable), regulations on business are reasonable, we don't have a massive immigration problem, we are more conservative than liberal so we are not expected to pay for everybody's everything, we have a low homeless population, we have a low unemployment rate, and unless there is a wreck, no waiting in bumper to bumper traffic and no need to drive between cars to get somewhere.

I'll take the 4 seasons including winter and thank my lucky stars I don't live in California lol
Wells said:thumbsup:
 
lol - It appears this diehard rider does not winterize.

This was captured this afternoon during the first half of a record-breaking November 11 (2019) winter storm in southern Ontario. It was an early 80's Honda Goldwing.

I cannot under-stress how slippery the road conditions were for all vehicles, let alone two-wheeled types ...



... and the plows that followed the Winger ...

 
So the first disgusting snow shovel of the year. Part 1 was tonight. I suspect Part 2 in the morning. As usual, I ensured a path to the bikes was clear for those better winter days to come. :-/
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
lol - It appears this diehard rider does not winterize.

This was captured this afternoon during the first half of a record-breaking November 11 (2019) winter storm in southern Ontario. It was an early 80's Honda Goldwing.

I cannot under-stress how slippery the road conditions were for all vehicles, let alone two-wheeled types ...



... and the plows that followed the Winger ...
That's the spirt Winger :thumbsup:
 
That is something I just can't wrap my head around. I have a friend that would ride year round to work. The weather didn't matter. I think I would be so tense on that bike you'd need a prybar to get my hands off the handlebars.
 
KiowaEagle_imp said:
That is something I just can't wrap my head around. I have a friend that would ride year round to work. The weather didn't matter. I think I would be so tense on that bike you'd need a prybar to get my hands off the handlebars.
I hear ya. Caught me by surprise, but not my dash cam.

First thought that came to mind was what kind of tire would they be using?

The second thought: How are turns made in the icy, porridge mess at intersections with that beast?
 
Wing drivers are, in my observation, like the honey badgers of the motorcycle world. When it rains, I drive, I don't ride. We get such little rain that the roads are very slick when they're wet, and California drivers are idiots enough in the dry. I'll sit in traffic, and watch Wings sail by. When I hit spots in traffic that are too tight in my judgement to split lanes, I'll move over and let a Wing plow the way, clearing the cars by a few inches. Watched one of them reach out and fold in someone's side view mirror not too long ago.

Getting back to the California comments. My wife is giving nearly constant care to her parents in their 80s, my mom is up there too, and both of their old houses need my constant upkeep. At some point, it's just going to be her and me, and we'll be thinking hard about what we want to do. We just got back from a lovely trip through Utah, Colorado, New Mexico and Arizona. Driving home, hitting gridlock traffic on a Saturday evening on the eastern outskirts of the L.A. basin, we started thinking hard...
 
Thinking about this, I don't winterize, I actually summerize.

I take care of an acre of property where my in-laws' house sits. That involves a riding mower and several gas trimmers.
In the late winter to late spring, the whole place is covered in tall grass and weeds, and needs mowing and trimming. By late spring, everything is dying and turning brown, and doesn't grow back till late winter. I'm using gas preservatives and fogging cylinders in July.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Brrrrrrrr...wish Wing rider a safe home return
He was probably out to get an oil drain plug compression washer. :)
He was probably out to get an oil drain plug compression washer. :)
yeah...and winter tires price at the same time ...lol
 
Fortunately I have easy access to ethanol free gasoline. So it is just a fill up, stabilizing, fresh oil and done. I never leave old oil in the bike over the winter. My wife's little Bonneville is a bit of a pain because non ethanol doesn't have the octane needed for the happy twin. So I have to add by eyeball enough octane booster to bring up the rating.
Then in the semi heated garage I will detail and wax it and sometimes just sit with a glass of wine and admire the metal pretty thing.
Maybe I should pipe some music in as well. Nice classical?, Mellow Jazz?, perhaps some of the cool native Japanese music.......
 
Back
Top