Windshield Recommendations

Back when I was riding 55mph was the national speed limit; a windscreen was nice in the cold and rain but otherwise not all that critical.

Today, 55 seems like a walk in the park and 70-80mph - well, a windscreen is almost mandatory most days for long rides. That is a very strong breeze to lean into hour after hour, mile after mile.
 
Rboe_imp said:
Back when I was riding 55mph was the national speed limit; a windscreen was nice in the cold and rain but otherwise not all that critical.

Today, 55 seems like a walk in the park and 70-80mph - well, a windscreen is almost mandatory most days for long rides. That is a very strong breeze to lean into hour after hour, mile after mile.
Rboe, I completely 100% agree. Now that you reminded me, the speed limit back when I had my 450 was 55mph and a w/s was not even a minor necessity at those speeds. And 2, 3, ... jobs were not required to refill the tank either. One year it was just a long wait in line.

I just confirmed - My w/s has shipped. I hope to have it installed and pics posted before the end of next week. Merry Christmas - to me of course and everyone of the wonderful members that assist everyone else like I have not seen on other forums I have viewed over the last few decades.
 
My tank bag, which I rarely ride without, I think is the reason I can ride comfortably sans windscreen. It is a Triumph bag designed for the Tiger 1050 but works well on my CB. The bag blocks the air pressure from the chest area.
 
I'm a small, weak sort of bloke, but I find almost no trouble riding the CB sans windscreen. The only time it's a bit of a pain is on freeways where trucks and traffic generate lots of turbulence. That is best dealt with by riding on more interesting roads.
 
Well that's because you are so small the headlight shockwave is good enough for you. Manly men from US of A, that sit up straight and block wind (or is that pass - I always mix them up :rolleyes: ) need a bit of help parting the slip stream. After all, we're not Moses!:angel:
 
I installed the SlipStream Turbo, and it's working great. Like a previous post, I ordered a different SlipStream w/s based on the site's recommendations, but after spending WAY too much time trying to install it, found it was never intended for the '13. The Turbo looks great too, especially after carefully taking the "TURBO" decal off.
 
I just received my New Generation Puig wind screen. It has even exceeded my expectations (so far - more later). It is as minimal as possible. It is so small, I'm wondering just how effective it will be, but it looks GREAT! (IMHO). It was perfectly designed and a breeze to install.

Here are the parts: fairing, choice of colored middle insert (mine - clear) 2 replacement fork front bolts, decals not shown. The w/s just bolts on in 1 minute - replace existing ?13mm bolts with 3mm allen, Center section bolts on w 3 small bolts - 3 minutes, Decals apx 5 minutes to be done correctly without mistakes or it would take 1 minute.


Here is how it looks from our view (overview & close up):



Other Views:





I will test ride tomorrow and report back with my observations/results.
 
Nice looking little shield. Looks like it will provide a little more protection than a dart screen and a little less than an NC Deflector screen.
 
What is the exact name or MODEL# of the windshield pictured? Thank you. Joel (see photo below) It looks to me like the 4 photos you added are a different windshield than the original picture you posted. Make? Model # please of the ALL CLEAR ONE. Thanks you, JJ
 
redbirds_imp said:
White Dog_imp said:
CB4ME_imp said:
Keep windshield induced wind noise in mind when shopping for a windscreen. The noise can be very annoying. I've had an NC700 for 3 months and am already on my third windscreen.
Is the NC700 good or bad? I found some positive comments about a Puig windshield. Ever tried one of those?
Is the NC700 good or bad? I found some positive comments about a Puig windshield. Ever tried one of those?
I have a Puig on my CB and am content with it. Little buffeting or wind noise and just enough coverage to keep the wind blast off my chest.

154b694bb356181e1f201caf1e03fbf2.jpg
Is the NC700 good or bad? I found some positive comments about a Puig windshield. Ever tried one of those?
I have a Puig on my CB and am content with it. Little buffeting or wind noise and just enough coverage to keep the wind blast off my chest.

8e64fe1d6705be9e3f689f3a1b5c08c5.jpg
I appreciate it, but I'm not seeing this windshield. His post looks as though it is a Puig but I'm not finding what model this particular one is.
 
Back
Top