Windshield Hell

c-breezy_imp said:
kennyw_imp said:
My winter screen does a good job keeping everything out of the breeze with extensions over my hands and legs. I call it the BUS [big ugly shield].
30515c46f94221e68e6eb776baf82d9e.jpg

I painted the inside surface black though and it helped improve the appearance a little.
I like it! Which shield is it?
National plexi fairing 3. I also cut about 6" off the top.
997b9977b1d3027de542f37f7d0c0f29.jpg
 
Dude_imp said:
jdinaz_imp said:
That's good to hear, please let us know how you like it after your ride.
Used the shield on my 35 mile trip to work. Definitely some buffeting and wind noise but nothing that drives me crazy. Holy heck it felt so good not having freezing cold hands today. First ride in weeks that they werent frozen afterwards. Protects your hands really well. Overall body protection is good. It is a little more drafty down by my groin and upper legs. Overall the plexistar is a solid purchase for me.

Had the bike up to 95 mph and i think it actually works better at higher speeds. No wobble and it didnt seem to catch wind.
Used the shield on my 35 mile trip to work. Definitely some buffeting and wind noise but nothing that drives me crazy. Holy heck it felt so good not having freezing cold hands today. First ride in weeks that they werent frozen afterwards. Protects your hands really well. Overall body protection is good. It is a little more drafty down by my groin and upper legs. Overall the plexistar is a solid purchase for me.

Had the bike up to 95 mph and i think it actually works better at higher speeds. No wobble and it didnt seem to catch wind. If you add the MRA X-Screen Touring to the PS2 you will eliminate the buffeting and most of the wind noise.
 
I have found GIVI Airflows to work very well.
I’ve used one my 2014 V strom 1000 for 3 years
Just added one this weekend to my recently purchased 2014 std
At 5 11 with the screen 1/2 way up it creates a still air pocket and guides the wind over my helmet with no turbulence
 
Have any of you tried the slipstream windscreen? I just bought 1 was just wanting to know what to expect.
Haven't figured out posting pics yet maybe I'll figure it out soon
 
Thread starter
After trying several shields, I ended up with the same configuration as Dude, a plexi2 with the MRA deflector. I really like the plexi2, great wind protection for the hands and body.
 
I'm glad it worked out for you Jdinaz. I had enough issues with trying to find a screen that I gave up. I think I'm just going to invest in some hand guards and go that route.
 
jdinaz_imp said:
After trying several shields, I ended up with the same configuration as Dude, a plexi2 with the MRA deflector. I really like the plexi2, great wind protection for the hands and body.
Really has allowed me to ride this winter in comfort!


Quick question, do you get any reflection from the headliggt onto the screen at night?? Took the bike out for a spin with the screen and it was the first time ive really noticed tge reflection
 
Thread starter
[/QUOTE]
Quick question, do you get any reflection from the headliggt onto the screen at night?? Took the bike out for a spin with the screen and it was the first time ive really noticed tge reflection
[/QUOTE]

I haven't ridden with it at night yet, the weather has been pretty mild, so maybe next week and I'll get back to you.
 
Wow, that must be one big can to dip that in :P

Is it sprayed on? Or brushed? Spray I’m guessing.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Wow, that must be one big can to dip that in :P

Is it sprayed on? Or brushed? Spray I’m guessing.
Lol yep sprayed it. Sprayed the back of the screen. Just used about 3/4th of a can on it. First time spray painting anything. Good thing about plastidip is i can just peel it off whenever i want. Here are a couple more pics
 
From the back it resembles an old Bates handlebar mounted fairing
 
Back
Top