windscreen alternative

vfrpaul98_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
this is a Puig windscreen, model PLUS tinted. screen height is 10 1/2" straight up from your installed ignition key, it works quite well. calm wind in the chest area mostly deflected to above the shoulders. slight buffet at the helmet at 60mph. looks good, easy to mount, cost effective.if I didn't already have my road comet fairing I would be using this screen. for more info,Puigusa.com
retailer is MONSTERPARTS.COM:)
Paul
 
vfrpaul98_imp said:
this is a Puig windscreen, model PLUS tinted. screen height is 10 1/2" straight up from your installed ignition key, it works quite well. calm wind in the chest area mostly deflected to above the shoulders. slight buffet at the helmet at 60mph. looks good, easy to mount, cost effective.if I didn't already have my road comet fairing I would be using this screen. for more info,Puigusa.com
retailer is MONSTERPARTS.COM:)
Paul
It looks nice but it ain't the same as the comet :D
 
As usual I can not find this on either web site. They do not show a PLUS model.

Any chance you could post a link to the page that shows it?

Thank you.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
As usual I can not find this on either web site. They do not show a PLUS model.

Any chance you could post a link to the page that shows it?

Thank you.
Page Not Found - Puig Hi-Tech Parts
was not instock stateside the retailer monsterparts.com ordered it for me, I got it within 2 weeks. mounts in minutes with supplied hardware kit. I will use this during our summer heat days. Paul:)
 
VFR,

Thanks, I don't why, but I couldn't get that one to come up.

CA200, That height is like what my scooter has or like the old sport Windjammer I had on a Yami 750 triple. It may not be the best look on our new bikes, but is interesting. I can't decide if I like it or not though.
 
Is that Puig screen that you said is tinted the smoked one on the Puig web site?
 
Thread starter
Givi fly screen smoked tint# 240a+a240a universal mount kit. screen height is 8" straight up from your installed ignition key. can be angled farther up. looks good, blocks wind to mid chest, helmet in straight wind blast. does as description, keeps bug guts off the back of your instruments. quality and hardware good, stainless bracket and fasteners.:)
Paul.
 
This is a National cycle F-series screen on my Hawk. It was included with the bike and at first I hated the looks, but found that it does a surprisingly good job of keeping wind off your chest, with zero buffeting or turbulence to the helmet. Kind of a neat feature the way the two bubble contours conform to the speedo/tach. And since I like how it functions so well, the looks have grown on me. Funny how that works.



[url=http://s173.photobucket.com/user/cyrenus/media/P1030875.jpg.html]
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
VFR,

Thanks, I don't why, but I couldn't get that one to come up.

CA200, That height is like what my scooter has or like the old sport Windjammer I had on a Yami 750 triple. It may not be the best look on our new bikes, but is interesting. I can't decide if I like it or not though.
Boy if I had a nickel for every time I wondered the same thing :D ...meaning a page on the internet of course :D
 
Oh man, guess I set myself right up for that one!!

You must be one of the guys I work with...
 
CA200_imp said:
That shield really looks cool, but the old Plexi II really works well in cold
c[/img]lime's - and yes it's ungly!
I like this, looks perfect for touring. I'm thinking about a touring screen that can be easily removed for around town riding.
Holy crap!....and that's a sweet screen on the XT in the background!
 
CA200_imp said:
That shield really looks cool, but the old Plexi II really works well in cold
c[/img]lime's - and yes it's ungly!
Hey CA,

What bike did that Plexi II come off of? Did you have to mod any of the hardware?

I've been looking for windshields on the NC site and they don't list anything listed for the CB1100 yet. I've got a Plexi III on my Nighhawk that I use in winter and long haul road trips. I was thinking something smaller might work on the CB11. Maybe an NC Street Shield EX or F-15. I just don't know which hardware kit will fit.
 
CA200_imp said:
That shield really looks cool, but the old Plexi II really works well in cold
c[/img]lime's - and yes it's ungly!
Hello CA200,
+1 on which bike that Plex 2 came off of? My 750 Nighthawk came with an old tinted Plex 2 but I can't tell if your much nicer clear one is the same shape. Thanks in advance.
Flynrider_imp said:
CA200_imp said:
That shield really looks cool, but the old Plexi II really works well in cold
c[/img]lime's - and yes it's ungly!
Hey CA,

What bike did that Plexi II come off of? Did you have to mod any of the hardware?

I've been looking for windshields on the NC site and they don't list anything listed for the CB1100 yet. I've got a Plexi III on my Nighhawk that I use in winter and long haul road trips. I was thinking something smaller might work on the CB11. Maybe an NC Street Shield EX or F-15. I just don't know which hardware kit will fit.
Hey CA,

What bike did that Plexi II come off of? Did you have to mod any of the hardware?

I've been looking for windshields on the NC site and they don't list anything listed for the CB1100 yet. I've got a Plexi III on my Nighhawk that I use in winter and long haul road trips. I was thinking something smaller might work on the CB11. Maybe an NC Street Shield EX or F-15. I just don't know which hardware kit will fit.
Hello Flynrider,

I see that you have a Plex 3 on your NH. Does it look like it might fit on your 1100?
 
I'm going to pick up one of these Plexi shields for fall too! I think he posted the part number somewhere but cant remember where.
 
RetroKitch_imp said:
CA200_imp said:
That shield really looks cool, but the old Plexi II really works well in cold
c[/img]lime's - and yes it's ungly!
Hello CA200,
+1 on which bike that Plex 2 came off of? My 750 Nighthawk came with an old tinted Plex 2 but I can't tell if your much nicer clear one is the same shape. Thanks in advance.
Flynrider_imp said:
CA200_imp said:
That shield really looks cool, but the old Plexi II really works well in cold
c[/img]lime's - and yes it's ungly!
Hey CA,

What bike did that Plexi II come off of? Did you have to mod any of the hardware?

I've been looking for windshields on the NC site and they don't list anything listed for the CB1100 yet. I've got a Plexi III on my Nighhawk that I use in winter and long haul road trips. I was thinking something smaller might work on the CB11. Maybe an NC Street Shield EX or F-15. I just don't know which hardware kit will fit.
Hey CA,

What bike did that Plexi II come off of? Did you have to mod any of the hardware?

I've been looking for windshields on the NC site and they don't list anything listed for the CB1100 yet. I've got a Plexi III on my Nighhawk that I use in winter and long haul road trips. I was thinking something smaller might work on the CB11. Maybe an NC Street Shield EX or F-15. I just don't know which hardware kit will fit.
Hello Flynrider,

I see that you have a Plex 3 on your NH. Does it look like it might fit on your 1100?
I haven't pulled it off of the NH for a test fit, but I spent some time eyeballing it this afternoon and it looks like it should fit. If I have some time, I'll give it a try this weekend.
 
The NC Plex II I used was a N8332 which is the same one they use on the newer CB750s. I even sent pictures off to NC
and they did ask me how well it fit! So I would guess the Plex III would be a N8863 but that's just a guess.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
RetroKitch_imp said:
CA200_imp said:
That shield really looks cool, but the old Plexi II really works well in cold
c[/img]lime's - and yes it's ungly!
Hello CA200,
+1 on which bike that Plex 2 came off of? My 750 Nighthawk came with an old tinted Plex 2 but I can't tell if your much nicer clear one is the same shape. Thanks in advance.
Flynrider_imp said:
CA200_imp said:
That shield really looks cool, but the old Plexi II really works well in cold
c[/img]lime's - and yes it's ungly!
Hey CA,

What bike did that Plexi II come off of? Did you have to mod any of the hardware?

I've been looking for windshields on the NC site and they don't list anything listed for the CB1100 yet. I've got a Plexi III on my Nighhawk that I use in winter and long haul road trips. I was thinking something smaller might work on the CB11. Maybe an NC Street Shield EX or F-15. I just don't know which hardware kit will fit.
Hey CA,

What bike did that Plexi II come off of? Did you have to mod any of the hardware?

I've been looking for windshields on the NC site and they don't list anything listed for the CB1100 yet. I've got a Plexi III on my Nighhawk that I use in winter and long haul road trips. I was thinking something smaller might work on the CB11. Maybe an NC Street Shield EX or F-15. I just don't know which hardware kit will fit.
Hello Flynrider,

I see that you have a Plex 3 on your NH. Does it look like it might fit on your 1100?
I haven't pulled it off of the NH for a test fit, but I spent some time eyeballing it this afternoon and it looks like it should fit. If I have some time, I'll give it a try this weekend.
I haven't pulled it off of the NH for a test fit, but I spent some time eyeballing it this afternoon and it looks like it should fit. If I have some time, I'll give it a try this weekend.


CA200_imp said:
The NC Plex II I used was a N8332 which is the same one they use on the newer CB750s. I even sent pictures off to NC
and they did ask me how well it fit! So I would guess the Plex III would be a N8863 but that's just a guess.
Thank you both!
 
I don't really want to put a big shield on the CB11. I've been browsing NC's fitment site and I'm finding that most "standard" type bikes use the same part numbers for the shields. For example it doesn't matter if you have a 70s Kawasiki KZ or an '03 CB750, the part numbers for the various shields are the same.

I'm tempted to take my chances and order one of the smaller shields from NC that will fit the last CB750. The Street Shield EX looks like it might do the trick.

Edit : After spending a few hours getting specs, playing with my tape measure and looking at various windshields on Google Images, I pulled the trigger and ordered a National Cycle Deflector DX. As it turned out, the Street Shield EX was a bit bigger than what I was looking for. I also considered the Slipstreamer Spitfire (much cheaper), but after watching a YouTube video about its installation, I remembered that it had a mounting system I'm not fond of. The supporting rods extend down through the clamps and will ding the tank if the shield is positioned too far back (as the two tiny chips on my Nighthawk tank will attest). Anyway, if I'm lucky the shield will get here by the weekend.
 
Back
Top