Wimp's Ride

Django

Road warrior
Thread starter
We had our first group ride this year last Sunday.

From March 'til October we plan one group ride every month. For every ride, one of us takes over the task of organisation.

The first ride of the year is in March and we call it the Wimp's Ride. Well, that's not really logically, as normally it's still quite cold and we really had bad weather sometimes in the past. So, it's more the opposite of a wimp's ride.

Well, this year it was 2°C in the morning and high fog. During the day we had some sun and temperature raised to 8°C.

We met at a gas station and had some coffee there together before starting at 9:30am. The trip was nearly 300 km thru north of Black Forest in the morning and Kraichgau in the afternoon. We had lunch together in a nice restaurant and talked a lot during breaks.

This was our route.

After the winter we all were really longing for a nice ride and so we were 22 motorcycles. Normally we're 6 - 12 bikes, so this was really a big thing of a group ride, for us at least.

Here is a group picture:


And this is my new motorcycle in daylight:


 
What's up with that radiator?!?

You would have thought Honda could have made it smaller or relocated it somewhere else on the bike...
 
Thread starter
soulmachine_imp said:
What's up with that radiator?!?

You would have thought Honda could have made it smaller or relocated it somewhere else on the bike...
:rofl: ymmd

Well, at least there is no pug-ugly oil cooler...
 
Thread starter
Chapomis_imp said:
Nice, how do you like the new bike ?
I really like it! I'm starting to figure out, that there are bikes, which provide even more fun to ride than a CB1100.:thumbsup:

The wheel base is nearly the same, 1,495 mm. The CB has 1,490 mm. But the CBF feels more stable while cornering.

Then I like the fairing very much. It's just quite compared to the CB. Luggage is a charm and very practical.

The engine is really great, while I already really liked the engine of the CB 1100. The CBF is even more silk and you notice the overall more power.

I don't push it hard, as I'm still in progress with breaking-in. But I can feel already, that there is more peaking in the high revs. I really like that. I guess, we'll have a lot of fun together in the twisties.

High speed in the books is 230 km/h. I'll let you know, how this feels on the Autobahn. :P
 
Just looking at your map made me itch to go for a ride. 2-8deg is cold but the weather looks good and I am sure you blokes have all the gear to cope. I'm envious. How do you find your new bike compared to the CB? Throttle response, pulling from low revs, cornering etc.

Cheers

And Soulmachine, you are a very bad man :rofl:
Disregard my questions, you have answered them while I was posting
 
And speaking of BAD, what does that mean in German (or English)? Everything on that map is Bad this or Bad that.

Nice bike Django! I love the looks.
 
Very cool. 22 IS a lot of bikes too try and keep together. 12 is a lot to try and keep together.

The bike looks very good, glad you are not having buyers remorse.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
And speaking of BAD, what does that mean in German (or English)? Everything on that map is Bad this or Bad that.

Nice bike Django! I love the looks.
From the Internet: "The word Bad is normally used as a prefix (Bad Vilbel) or a suffix (Marienbad, Wiesbaden) to denote the town in question is a spa town. In any case, Bad as a prefix is an official designation and requires governmental authorization (which may also be suspended if a town fails to maintain the required standards)."

I miss group rides. Hopefully I'll get a few more in before the Corps makes me retire.


Sent from an undisclosed location
 
Thread starter
WhiskeyUSMC1979_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
And speaking of BAD, what does that mean in German (or English)? Everything on that map is Bad this or Bad that.

Nice bike Django! I love the looks.
From the Internet: "The word Bad is normally used as a prefix (Bad Vilbel) or a suffix (Marienbad, Wiesbaden) to denote the town in question is a spa town. In any case, Bad as a prefix is an official designation and requires governmental authorization (which may also be suspended if a town fails to maintain the required standards)."

I miss group rides. Hopefully I'll get a few more in before the Corps makes me retire.


Sent from an undisclosed location
:thumbsup:

German `Bad' translates to `bath' in English.
 
Thanks Whiskey!

If you're lucky they will make you retire before you have to take the new sensitivity training...

Sensitive Marines. I don't even know what to say about that.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Thanks Whiskey!

If you're lucky they will make you retire before you have to take the new sensitivity training...

Sensitive Marines. I don't even know what to say about that.
Oxymoron is the term you're reaching for, popgun.

Django, I like the look of your new bike. I hope to hear lots more about your mutual adventures. You certainly wouldn't have reached 200+ kph on the CB1100.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Thanks Whiskey!

If you're lucky they will make you retire before you have to take the new sensitivity training...

Sensitive Marines. I don't even know what to say about that.
Oxymoron is the term you're reaching for, popgun.

Django, I like the look of your new bike. I hope to hear lots more about your mutual adventures. You certainly wouldn't have reached 200+ kph on the CB1100.
Oxymoron is the term you're reaching for, popgun.
You certainly wouldn't have reached 200+ kph on the CB1100. C, the CB can do 200+, 200KPH or 124MPH I was still in 3rd gear:) 60/98/124/152 The 152 was on the Dyno LOL
Bike looks good D, best of luck.
 
Thanks CIP. Motogeezer has reported 132 when on board a couple of times. If I remember rightly he thought that might be about it on the road and not on the dyno. I'll never know from personal experience.
 
Thread starter
4 Paws_imp said:
Looks like fun, especially on your new bike.
What bikes are popular with your group?
Well, considering, that our group evolved from some K100/K75 lovers about 15 years ago, it's no wonder, most of them ride some Beemer. I came to this group of regulars with my K1100RS 6 years ago. At that time, this was a pure Flyingbrick group (K100/K1100/K75).

Currently most common among us is the K1200RS or GT, then there are still some older K models (K100, K1100, K75) and already some newer K models like K1200S or K1300GT, which don't have any in common with the older flyingbrick K models.

There are also boxers, two of us ride a R1200GS, one a R1200R and one an older R1100.

For now I'm the only regular on a Honda. But others are thinking about to move on to a Crosstourer e.g. One has a Triumph already.

Most of my friends expressed they'd like my new motorcycle.
 
Back
Top