the Ferret
Road warrior
What, no water cooled weed whackers? Snow blowers? Lawn mowers? Leaf blowers? Chain saws?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Robe,Rboe_imp said:A year or so ago many many folks on this forum lamented that the CB did not come in black. So Honda brings a black bike over and for the most part they sit on the floor. Oops.
Red or white would be better. And faster..... :angel:
Robe,ChipBeck_imp said:Robe,Rboe_imp said:A year or so ago many many folks on this forum lamented that the CB did not come in black. So Honda brings a black bike over and for the most part they sit on the floor. Oops.
Red or white would be better. And faster..... :angel:
I was one of them. I wanted a black tank and black side covers are cool too. But blacking out the beautiful machined aluminum fork lowers, peg mounts, triple clamps, engine side covers and cam covers is just too much. All of the beautiful detail in the bike disappears. I know many members love it but I really don't. I believe if Honda just made the tank and side covers black they would have sold out with the 6 speed. I would have bought one too.
The two tone engine is much better looking than all black Ito my eye.
Chip
Robe,Ghis_imp said:Robe,ChipBeck_imp said:Robe,Rboe_imp said:A year or so ago many many folks on this forum lamented that the CB did not come in black. So Honda brings a black bike over and for the most part they sit on the floor. Oops.
Red or white would be better. And faster..... :angel:
I was one of them. I wanted a black tank and black side covers are cool too. But blacking out the beautiful machined aluminum fork lowers, peg mounts, triple clamps, engine side covers and cam covers is just too much. All of the beautiful detail in the bike disappears. I know many members love it but I really don't. I believe if Honda just made the tank and side covers black they would have sold out with the 6 speed. I would have bought one too.
The two tone engine is much better looking than all black Ito my eye.
Chip
I was one of them. I wanted a black tank and black side covers are cool too. But blacking out the beautiful machined aluminum fork lowers, peg mounts, triple clamps, engine side covers and cam covers is just too much. All of the beautiful detail in the bike disappears. I know many members love it but I really don't. I believe if Honda just made the tank and side covers black they would have sold out with the 6 speed. I would have bought one too.
The two tone engine is much better looking than all black Ito my eye.
Chip
I completely agree with you. Not a fan of the whole black CB. It's rather more hip than is it retro in my view, but taste, and colors are to each his own.
Cormanus_imp said:I don't know Ferret. Other things to spend money on, perhaps?
If the '14 black U.S. CB11's looked like this I would already own one.Cormanus_imp said:Robe,Ghis_imp said:Robe,ChipBeck_imp said:Robe,Rboe_imp said:A year or so ago many many folks on this forum lamented that the CB did not come in black. So Honda brings a black bike over and for the most part they sit on the floor. Oops.
Red or white would be better. And faster..... :angel:
I was one of them. I wanted a black tank and black side covers are cool too. But blacking out the beautiful machined aluminum fork lowers, peg mounts, triple clamps, engine side covers and cam covers is just too much. All of the beautiful detail in the bike disappears. I know many members love it but I really don't. I believe if Honda just made the tank and side covers black they would have sold out with the 6 speed. I would have bought one too.
The two tone engine is much better looking than all black Ito my eye.
Chip
I was one of them. I wanted a black tank and black side covers are cool too. But blacking out the beautiful machined aluminum fork lowers, peg mounts, triple clamps, engine side covers and cam covers is just too much. All of the beautiful detail in the bike disappears. I know many members love it but I really don't. I believe if Honda just made the tank and side covers black they would have sold out with the 6 speed. I would have bought one too.
The two tone engine is much better looking than all black Ito my eye.
Chip
I completely agree with you. Not a fan of the whole black CB. It's rather more hip than is it retro in my view, but taste, and colors are to each his own.
I was one of them. I wanted a black tank and black side covers are cool too. But blacking out the beautiful machined aluminum fork lowers, peg mounts, triple clamps, engine side covers and cam covers is just too much. All of the beautiful detail in the bike disappears. I know many members love it but I really don't. I believe if Honda just made the tank and side covers black they would have sold out with the 6 speed. I would have bought one too.
The two tone engine is much better looking than all black Ito my eye.
Chip
I completely agree with you. Not a fan of the whole black CB. It's rather more hip than is it retro in my view, but taste, and colors are to each his own.
Thank God the black Australian models came with a silver engine.
The smoke, dark silver, dark grey side covers look alright. Now, add a dark grey sport fairing....... 
Gentlemen,WhatYes_imp said:First post by a brand new forum member and soon-to-be CB1100 owner. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading all the comments on this thread and agree with most of them, especially regarding styling. I laughed, and was in 100% agreement, with the O.P. who said "It's styled like a two wheeled Star Wars storm trooper uniform stuffed inside a crushed set of monkey bars and incorporating every conceivable combination of odd angles and curved surfaces. It assaults the eyes from any angle. Active suspension front and rear with several different modes, accelerometer, lean angle sensors, wheelie control, ride by wire, and an engine with an electronics suite that can deliver power like a Superbike or a scooter depending upon which mode the rider selects after "toggling through all of the options".
I have looked back lustfully over the years at my 1980 CB750F SuperSport, bought new for $2800 that I wish I still had. To me, that is one of the many appealing aspects of the CB11, but add to that fuel injection, ABS, and so on. I currently ride an '03 FJR1300 (which I'm selling if anyone is interested) and while it has a lot going for it, the ergos don't fit me as well and honestly, I want to simplify. I can't wait for my first ride on the CB and in the meantime will absorb every piece of info out of this forum that I can. Nice to be here.
That would be interesting. The 90s Zephyr models were virtually carbon copies of the old KZ bikes (Z bikes for you guys across the pond). They would probably have to come up with new engines, as I think the old air cooled, 8 valve powerplants would no longer pass emissions requirements.Flynrider_imp said:That would be interesting. The 90s Zephyr models were virtually carbon copies of the old KZ bikes (Z bikes for you guys across the pond). They would probably have to come up with new engines, as I think the old air cooled, 8 valve powerplants would no longer pass emissions requirements.Henrik_imp said:I'm not really as negative as some, even though I do not like the current trend in motorcycle design. I could accept the new technology with all the electronics and ride by wire, but I don't like the looks of current bikes in general. A good friend of mine has a motorcycle shop in the area, and I had bought my previous Moto Morini from him. However, a few years ago he took up a Kawasaki and Aprilia dealership, and he has been very successful since. Unfortunately it also means I am not in the market to buy any bikes from him.
The other day I went to see him and to buy a new helmet. We stood around and talked about bikes for a while, and he admired my CB. Last year I had been to see him about getting a W800, but in the end I preferred the CB. He told me that there are rumours that Kawasaki might bring back the Zephyr! Although he sells a lot of bikes as it is, he also has a lot of demand for something like that, which is why he understands my choice.
Trends change, and I can't really think of any mainstream or really popular bikes that have appealed to me over the past 10 or 15 years. However, there have always been enough more original bikes available through these years, and I think there will be in the future as well. Perhaps not another CB11, but certainly a valid alternative.
But I am not selling the CB anytime soon!
Sadly, even if they brought them back I doubt we'd see them in the States. Last time around, the Zephyr series was very successful, everywhere but here.
I'd buy one.
![]()