Wildflower Ride to Death Valley

nvbobr_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Yesterday the temperature was in the mid-70s along the Badwater Road in Death Valley National Park. (A bit of a contrast to the blizzard conditions happening right now "back east." Sorry guys!) The Spring wildflower bloom is getting an early impressive start especially near the ruins of the Ashford Mill. The Badwater Road is washed out just beyond this point from the massive October rains that are now fueling the bloom. There is speculation that this year might rival the "super bloom" of 2005. Traveling from my house on the CB1100 and back was 375 miles. I made it in 8 hours, stopping about once an hour. I hope to provide additional photos and reports as the bloom continues through March. The yellow flowers are Desert Gold (Geraea canescens).



[url=http://s1067.photobucket.com/user/nvbobr/media/IMG_0272_zpsjclilcsm.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1067.photobucket.com/user/nvbobr/media/IMG_0276_zpsmcbdbkgx.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1067.photobucket.com/user/nvbobr/media/IMG_0289_zpsjos1spbz.jpg.html]
 
is this today nvbob? I didn't think the bloom had started yet. Darn, I need to get out there!

when ya wanna go next week? apparently I'm off all week, and love nothing more then pics of wildflowers in DV.

05 was an amazing year no doubt!
 
Thread starter
jazzmans_imp said:
is this today nvbob? I didn't think the bloom had started yet. Darn, I need to get out there!

when ya wanna go next week? apparently I'm off all week, and love nothing more then pics of wildflowers in DV.

05 was an amazing year no doubt!
Jazzmans -- That was yesterday. The bloom has just started. PM me and we'll line up a trip next week.
 
Beautiful... and perfect time to ride Death Valley.

Would love to ride that area myself. You guys have fun and post PICS!

Can't do it in July. Difficult even in a cage with the extreme high temps at that time of year.
 
So, what will happen now? I assume the bloom I can see in the final picture will continue to spread? Spectacular. Hope to see more of it.
 
Yep a lot different than what we are seeing out our windows right now. We won't see things blooming for another 3-4 months.
 






Bob and I rode out to DV today, (Thanks Bob!) this is a teaser post. Hopefully I'll get an actual ride report set up tomorrow.
 
Very nice pictures! I think, I should do an USA excursion once on my CB.

I wonder, how does the fuel range of the CB cover these country sides? Are there still enough fuel stations?
 
Love that first photo Jazzman. Looking forward to your seat time report.
 
Django_imp said:
Very nice pictures! I think, I should do an USA excursion once on my CB.

I wonder, how does the fuel range of the CB cover these country sides? Are there still enough fuel stations?
At one time in some western state's spacing of fuel stations could be a real problem but not so much anymore. Carrying one of the compact fuel bottles would be a good plan in some areas.
 
I'm envious of you being able to ride your bike in late January! Very nice pictures! I hate getting this much snow. Eight to ten more years of seeing patients and I can buy a little condo way down south to spend my winters riding my bike as well! :celebrate:

 
Thread starter
It was an excellent motorcycle ride. Thanks! Here's one of my photos.

CB1100 in a field of Desert Gold

 
Back
Top