Wife is Becoming a ?Biker Chick?

widude

Running like a top
Thread starter
O.K., she does have a ways to go, but she’s working on it. Just the other day she said I should give better waves to fellow bikers.

After years of no interest in the motorcycle, she wants to go every day now. I tell her we need to be above 60 degrees or so to be tolerable. Since I ride snowmobiles I can handle cooler.

I usually take the back way, look for pleasant rides, and of course keep things super defensive. Once the restaurants start opening, I’ll incorporate more of those stops.

She’s off work lately. I’d rather motorcycle around than do the vehicle thing. With my Iron Rider bag, we can fit a little if we stop somewhere.

I’m almost to the point of wanting a little more sound to the exhaust system. I haven’t brought myself to cutting holes in the muffler yet.
 
That's awesome. Good to have the girl on your side!

My girl asks every so often about riding with me. I'm just not so sure about it. Biggest reason is our 2 year old son. I don't want us both taken out at the same time. Secondly, she freaks out with bugs\spiders and such. If a bug flew in her open face shield I hate to think what would happen back there.
 
Not 'wife' Sourdough. Ole Lady. Make sure her jacket says 'Property of Sourdough' on it ;)
 
That’s cool. It’s great when your S.O. enjoys the same activities you do.

But it’s odd to hear the term “biker” when discussing Honda motorcycles. Where I live, “biker” and “Honda” are incongruent.
 
That’s very cool. At one point, my wife showed a brief interest in my bike. I think it was a vague comment like “I could see myself enjoying that someday.” I used it as my excuse to buy a second bike, so that if she ever does want to ride, she’s got one.

A few years ago, I was taking my mom to lunch, and stopped at a Cycle Gear to buy some chain lube. She wanted to come in the store to check it out. She started browsing and held up a Metal Mullisha black purse with chrome skulls on it and yelled to me across the store “Buy me this!” So, guess I have a biker mom?
 
Nice. Hope she continues to enjoy it.

My wife has been riding with me for 48 years now. All over the United states, Canada, Europe. She loves riding almost as much as I do. Been harder on her since she got the replacement hip and knees. Can no longer do the full days on the road. Now she only does local ride. I love taking trips with my wife. She is an awesome person and a great traveling companion.

On our way to Florida in 1977

91966a1ddb0d95e0a23f77bd220e4b5c.jpg


On the Dragon North Carolina in 2009 I believe

6a1d8a44f35aaeae45354d0d557d3458.jpg


Going to the Sun Road in Glacier Park Montana in 2012

f7deb092641bb82386e2afa806dabfa5.jpg
 
Yup, Mrs. Ferret is an awesome person. I hope we get to see her (and you too, I suppose) in September.:excited:
 
As is Mrs Empty Sea. She coming?
 
The ferret_imp said:
As is Mrs Empty Sea. She coming?
And on that note, are you still working on your plan to visit the Arlington Cemetery and such? I know it's really too soon to plan a plan, but is that still the dream?
 
Bob - I was just about to email you. Yes, it's still too early to know exactly what I'm going to do, but I have been thinking about it.

The SS1000 part of the trip would be out for sure if the dates were even as late as August, so it's possible that I'll have to can that part and then the fundraising I was going to tie to that. Also, I'm not sure that you want some stranger, carrying who knows what virus with him from Chicago, to be sleeping in your den.

The Covid19 restrictions have caused the cancellation of a June 3-day event which Cheryl and I had planned on attending. Other events could also be cancelled. In a way, that could be good news because if Cheryl has more free days and if I am not riding a SS1000, then it is possible that she would be able to make the ride with me and we would then both attend the Rally. I brought this up to her last night, in fact, and she was pretty non-committal mostly due to uncertainties with her workload at the time. I have not played the "Ferret and possibly Mrs. Ferret" cards, yet. She really enjoyed the time she spent with them last summer so playing those cards could be the winning hand in getting her to PA for the Rally.

That's a long, LONG, way of saying: Yes, still working on the plan and that I don't know if my wife will be joining me. ROFL
 
You gotta get one of those jackets; "If you can read this, the b!tch fell off". My wife made a lot of noise about wanting to ride with me, so I bought a suitable machine, a Kawi Nomad 1500, and said let's go. She hemmed hawed, never did go, and I finally said I'm going to sell that giant bike if you're not gonna ride with me. She finally admitted she would never ride with me as long as her mother was still around 'cause it would scare her to death. Years ago, when I bought my first sailboat, her Mom took me aside and asked me to make sure her daughter always wore a lifejacket on the boat. I said I would.
 
Back
Top