who wears Kevlar lined jeans?

Thread starter
Thigk is, I'm not willing to pay MORE for a pair of blue jeans with Kevlar and no armor than I am willing to pay for a pair of regular armored riding pants which for me is in the $120 range.
 
I had not heard of any Draggin products until today but will definitely be considering them after reading this thread and seeing that they offer a slim cut.
 
Thread starter
What kind of knee protectors?
 
They are the EVS knee/shin protectors bought in 2009 at the Stone Pony store in Ohio.
They have 2 Velcro straps and have the ROUND knee protector , later year were more pointed .
 
Thread starter
So they strap on your bare legs, then you wear the jeans over them? And no pads for your hips right? I worry more about my hips than knees really.
 
Yes over your bare legs , they did come with little hip protectors but my wife made bigger pockets for bigger and better hip protectors.
The original ones came with little Velcro strips : too small and not easy to put in the right place. Bought the better hip protectors directly from Germany (level 2)
 
For the best (IMO) motorcycle gear protection check out SAS-TEC from Germany. Many great back , knee, hip , elbow and other items.
 
Thread starter
Jedd those are nice looking jeans but 2 things bothered me about them in the reviews. A 60 year old complained the waist to crotch was too short and many reviewers said the knee pads were in the wrong place. I had already picked out size, color and armor to purchase before reading the reviews, Now that is on hold.
 
That is the reason that I like knee protectors directly on my knees and not in a pocket in my jeans , they will move most the time when crashing .
 
Any decision on jeans, Ferret? By the way, some of the ones listed by people are not Kevlar lined, but you probably figured that out already.
 
Thread starter
No, no decision yet. I think I find one I like and then either find out they are low rise, or cost $350.00, or the knee pads end up on the thighs when sitting. I'm almost about to give up even looking.
 
I found a place that will line your regular jeans with Kevlar. Actually, they line just about anything. I'm thinking of getting some chinos lined for wearing to work.
 
Thread starter
Cool that might be a great option. You supply the jeans and they line them. Are they familiar with impact/ slide area for motorcycles?
 
Thread starter
Have yours done and if they are good , then post it lol
 
Back
Top