Jhonda_imp
First service completed
61 year old HVAC, Building, and systems Engineer for a Large Bank, and lending institution. I also own and ride a 2007 Harley Dyna Street Bob. If I could only have one however, it would be the Honda.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

I'm not convinced at all that this can be done. I've been riding for over 20 years, and have owned UJM, and Harleys, and now a euro as well. I think what you ride is what appeals to you within the price range you can afford. To say that lawyers, and car mechanics ride Harleys is far from the whole picture. Granted the new 500cc entry level Harley is cheap, but one of Harley's most successful model is the Street Glide that starts at over $20K. The very first Dyna or big Twin, starts at $13K. You better have a solid income to afford those. My experience after having owned 3 Harleys, and gone to many rallies, and belonging to a Harley Owners Group Chapter Club for years, is that you'll see doctors, dentists, cops, firemen, lawyers, and all sorts of people on those bikes. Same with the pricy BMWs. Harleys and BMW aren't cheap at all. I'm a 42 year old teacher, and all my Harleys were quite frankly a bit over what I could afford, and should have bought. Believe it or not, a KLR sighting is a rare sighting on the road, and very few people with money own a KLR as their only and primary bike. I love KLRs, and I want one. At $6,600 brand new, it's super cheap. Of course they are always people with money who will buy a couple for those camping weekends, to have fun with the family, and those broke teachers, who will buy $24K full Harley dressers. Only thrill seekers can find crotch rockets in any price range, from the cheap $4,999 Ninja 300 to the $25K Ninja H2, including 500s, 600s, 750s, liter bikes, 1300, and 1400ccs in between. So again, I think it's really what is appealing to us within the price range we can afford, and then we dream, because for most of us there is always that bike way out of our price range, or just no more room in the garage. Have you seen the new Ducati Panigale R?Inhouse Bob_imp said:We had a KLR tech day/cookout/swim party yesterday and it got me thinking. I did a quick search and didn't see this discussed before.
I find it interesting how different bikes attract different kinds of folks. Speaking from my limited observations and in really broad generalizations, it seems that doctors and dentists ride BMWs, lawyers and car mechanics ride Harleys, Aircraft mechanics, engineers, retired cops and retired military ride KLRs. All good people, all having fun. So what's the thread that ties CB1100 riders? Maybe we mostly rode in the '70s on bikes that look like the CB? Pilots seem to like them, though maybe pilots just like this forum :excited: A thread polling careers would be interesting.
Anyone want to post up with their career/hobbies beyond the CB? I'll start...
I am 58, run a t-shirt company and rode a CB400f in the '70s.
Sounds like an area worth exploring. If I head that way, I'll let you know to look out for me.southwend_imp said:Boy do I fit the profile. 59, late father of 4 boys, teacher, escapee of northern virginia to a county in the very southern edge of va. The county is so rural, I kid you not, we have zero stop lights in the entire county. Mostly a farming/ logging area. Great little country roads.