Who is considering trading to a 2014?

Hi all, Here is a link to a site with a short review on the 2014 model.
Can't say I am eager to trade mine but I do like the 4 into 2 exhaust. Beyond that, I am comfortable with mine.
I agree with Foolardi that the bike is best suited to back roads. I find the winding, country roads in NE Pennsylvania to be an ideal setting for an afternoon ride. It is OK on the highway, I didn't find the bike to light for a good highway cruise. It certainly has enough power but, honestly, if I was doing more highway riding, I would have bought the Honda ST1300 or the Yamaha FJR1300. Having ridden the Yamaha version, that is a fantastic highway bike but I'll take my CB for in town and back road rides any day.

Cheers all!
http://www.gaadi.com/blog/honda-unveils-updated-2014-cb1100-with-new-cb1100-ex-variant

Whoops, here is the link
 
With so many good bikes out there I'm reluctant to have two of the same model (more or less). Tempted but reluctant. I prefer a bit of diversity in my stable.
 
Love the spokes, the pipes and the color coordinated side covers. Could care less about 6th gear, and would rather have the smaller gas tank also.
 
Thread starter
Wow!!! What have I done? I thought this would be an interesting topic... guess it hit a nerve instead. Sorry guys. But, Ferret and others, are right... 'All bikes are cool, some (like the one YOU, or I, own) are just cooler than others'. That's the fun part of motorcycles... frankly, most are not terribly expensive to buy and own, and you can easily buy 2-3 or more for the price of a decent sports car. And yes, they are incredibly personal. As for me, I love my Harley even though it's 10 years old. I have no reason or desire to replace it... yet. My KLR is great, but... if they came out with a new model that had fuel injection, I'd consider it (to me, carbs are a pain). I bought the CB for around town riding because I never owned a CB750 back in the day and always loved its looks and sound. The CB11 is almost perfect... but in my mind, a 6th. gear (for those occasional highway rides), and dual pipes (4 would be better...) might make it just that. But wait... Harley now has some cool new models... Oh decisions, decisions!!
 
Its cool to have all these styles and options for the cb11. What I see is the viewpoint from each of our background. Some have owned large cruisers, while for me this is the largest bike, size and cc, that I have owned. So to me it can do everything. Others who have the largers bike know how much more comfortable those are compared to the cb11. One thing I know we can all agree on is the cb11 is a great bike, and one we will remember in the years to come. I hope the keep the line going just so we can have more farkles!:clap:
 
Thread starter
kenfyoozed_imp said:
Its cool to have all these styles and options for the cb11. What I see is the viewpoint from each of our background. Some have owned large cruisers, while for me this is the largest bike, size and cc, that I have owned. So to me it can do everything. Others who have the largers bike know how much more comfortable those are compared to the cb11. One thing I know we can all agree on is the cb11 is a great bike, and one we will remember in the years to come. I hope the keep the line going just so we can have more farkles!:clap:
What's a farkle?
 
Gonna have to be quicker than that Ken, lol
 
#1
The word is generally accepted to mean a combination of "function" and "sparkle", hence, farkle.

Motorcycle enthusiasts may install accessories, called farkles (also spelled farkel), to customize their machine.


The term is well known in the sport touring community.

An enthusiast may be in the process of "farkling". The completed motorcycle would be all "farkled up". Radar detectors, Global Positioning System receivers, heated grips, and satellite radios are some of those farkles. Other accessories could be aftermarket seats, side and/or top cases or bar risers, which make the motorcycle more suitable for long miles.
 
Personally I like very much the 4-into-one pipes coming out
of a Retro- style In-line four engine.I think it matches up like
ham & eggs.And since having a personal opinion appears to be
the in-thing for most all Bikers, then so be it.
I guess one could decide they just have to have Rinehart
dual bagger style exhaust for the CB 1100.
But that's about as practical as Humpty Dumpty deciding
to challenge Evel Knievel to an arm wrestling match in hospital.
Let's Bee 4 Real.
 
Thread starter
kenfyoozed_imp said:
#1
The word is generally accepted to mean a combination of "function" and "sparkle", hence, farkle.

Motorcycle enthusiasts may install accessories, called farkles (also spelled farkel), to customize their machine.


The term is well known in the sport touring community.

An enthusiast may be in the process of "farkling". The completed motorcycle would be all "farkled up". Radar detectors, Global Positioning System receivers, heated grips, and satellite radios are some of those farkles. Other accessories could be aftermarket seats, side and/or top cases or bar risers, which make the motorcycle more suitable for long miles.
Thanks... I honestly have never heard of that word.
 
ride4now_imp said:
kenfyoozed_imp said:
#1
The word is generally accepted to mean a combination of "function" and "sparkle", hence, farkle.

Motorcycle enthusiasts may install accessories, called farkles (also spelled farkel), to customize their machine.


The term is well known in the sport touring community.

An enthusiast may be in the process of "farkling". The completed motorcycle would be all "farkled up". Radar detectors, Global Positioning System receivers, heated grips, and satellite radios are some of those farkles. Other accessories could be aftermarket seats, side and/or top cases or bar risers, which make the motorcycle more suitable for long miles.
Thanks... I honestly have never heard of that word.
Lot's of farkling going on around here.:P:P
 
_imp said:
Here's my thought about a Motorcycle.I would never buy a motorcycle because
of the wheels or how low it sits,the seat or the fenders.Like what Harley types
obsess over.I purchase a Motorcyle because of the MOTOR.That engine.
First and foremost.Which is why I find Harley's such a manifest joke.
You got basically one engine and about a dozen models.That is pure dopiness.
I think a motorcyles styling is important but not key.How the bike performs
and especially the hallmark engine is what concerns me.I didn't come to this
conclusion over night either.Having spent 10 years looking at Clone cruisers
that had all different kinds of bells and whistles but basically one type engine,
or the pushrod S & S plant.The clone market was very picky about everything but
what counts.Likes how they handle and brake and the reliability of the engine.
I realize that S & S make good race engines.But they are old school.
Trading-in a 2013 model for a 2014 model is kinda stupid.Because yer
going to take a huge hit on depreciation and there really is no difference worth
a hil of beans between the 2 models.This CB does not need a 6th gear because it is not
an Interstate bike.This bike,actually is crap for Interstate use.It is way too light
and narrow.In fact it is not safe for Interstate use.
It is an around town and boulevard hoot.Really interesting on back roads
and country highway.it is perfect for quick trips and fast getaway.
But no way in hell would it make a touring bike.Just like most clone
cruisers.It is what it is.A very flexible and easy to use all around motorcycle
that has plenty of pep,really handles well and is about the easiest bike to
flip around and shift in it's weight class.
I am not trying to start a war
I am not trying to get banned
I am just a nobody here but I read a lot

This opinion from mr foolardi is just that an opinion
And in my opinion it is pure utter bullcrap
Any bike in your garage ANY BIKE can be an "interstate" bike
This is just wrong that somebody will read this crap and think it is a fact
which it isn't
 
Great, there goes my across the USA trip I was gonna take after bagging up the CB and fitting some farkles to it for the long haul. Too bad. I would have liked to. Guess I'll need a whole other bike for that. Hey, what about a CB1100ex in white? That 6th gear will fix the whole thing eh?

I'll take nimble and torque over heavy and slow.
 
Love my CB. Great on the street, the canyons and on the interstate. Have a fun time riding all, and Happy Thanksgiving!
 
Hey, one model bike, can't be good for everything, it's give and take. A Goldwing is terrific for interstate, but not so good on twisties, or back country roads, etc. A Big Harley is good for interstate travel. Not my cup of tea. I would much rather ride a CB1100 on the interstate, now and then, with a bit of compromise. I guess it's whatever you like. I hate riding on the interstate anyway. If I was planning on riding 80% or more on the interstate, I would probably buy something else. However, I plan on riding less than 20% on the interstate, so the CB1100 is for me.
 
Back
Top