Who is considering trading to a 2014?

_imp said:
Greg Davis_imp said:
I just purchased a 2013. I have not put gas in it yet. it's brand new, zero miles. I love the spokes wheels, and the pipes. Could care less about 6th gear, and actually prefer the smaller tank. I am going to sell the 2013 I just purchased ( haven't even ridden yet ). and wait for a 2014. Anybody know anyone who wants a screaming deal on a brand new zero mile 2013, call 407-617-3417 or gregdavis3@aol.com 8750 buys bike.
But the 2013's don't have spoke wheels.
Plus how did you take delievery of a new model w/o the
dealer assembling the bike and then adding fluids and
handing the keys over.Dealers aren't allowed to just sell
bikes out of the crate.That's a warranty issue.The dealer has
to take the bike out of the crate,assemble it,add fluids and
check to make sure it operates as per Honda/dealer agreement.
Otherwise the Warranty is null & void.
What on earth are you talking about man.You aren't authorized
to sell a bike that's never been started and have a Warranty in
place.
Maybe he has made his deal with the dealer, paid for the bike, but not taken delivery yet. I have done that several times. Bought a bike in the dead of winter when dealers are hungry, but leave them their in the crate until the weather breaks sometime in March. I would have done that with my CB but the weather just happened to be good enough in late March when the bike arrived at the dealership, so I just went ahead and took delivery.
 
Randy B_imp said:
I have to STRONGLY disagree with you on this. I commute 115 mile a day on this bike in some of the windiest conditions around and it's as stable as a rock at 80 MPH. I got blown around MUCH more on my 93 Nighthawk 750 than I ever will on this thing.
Sure I think the seat is a bit hard even after 13,000 miles, but then again I am putting a but of weight down on it soooo.....

Even with that said I would have no issue riding this thing anywhere. I have complete confidence in the machine to take me anywhere and get me back home.
Because yer used to small bikes is what.Live with a VTX 1800
with a Honda { big as barn windshield } or a Valkyrie Tourer
and you'll change yer mind in a nanosecond.Plus a Rune is
about the most stable motorcycle ever manufactured.
So I know exactly what I'm talkin' about.The CB 1100 is not
an Interstate or touring bike.neither is a Rune,only because it
was manufactured as a solo bike with little ability to add
accessories to store stuff.Or even a suitable windshield.Outside
of that limitation the Rune is the most stable and solid straight line
bike I ever owned.
The ferret_imp said:
_imp said:
Greg Davis_imp said:
I just purchased a 2013. I have not put gas in it yet. it's brand new, zero miles. I love the spokes wheels, and the pipes. Could care less about 6th gear, and actually prefer the smaller tank. I am going to sell the 2013 I just purchased ( haven't even ridden yet ). and wait for a 2014. Anybody know anyone who wants a screaming deal on a brand new zero mile 2013, call 407-617-3417 or gregdavis3@aol.com 8750 buys bike.
But the 2013's don't have spoke wheels.
Plus how did you take delievery of a new model w/o the
dealer assembling the bike and then adding fluids and
handing the keys over.Dealers aren't allowed to just sell
bikes out of the crate.That's a warranty issue.The dealer has
to take the bike out of the crate,assemble it,add fluids and
check to make sure it operates as per Honda/dealer agreement.
Otherwise the Warranty is null & void.
What on earth are you talking about man.You aren't authorized
to sell a bike that's never been started and have a Warranty in
place.
Maybe he has made his deal with the dealer, paid for the bike, but not taken delivery yet. I have done that several times. Bought a bike in the dead of winter when dealers are hungry, but leave them their in the crate until the weather breaks sometime in March. I would have done that with my CB but the weather just happened to be good enough in late March when the bike arrived at the dealership, so I just went ahead and took delivery.
But a customer does not have the luxury to take delievery of a
bike that's never been started.Or for a quick test ride.
Because what would happen if dealers started that practice.
All it would take is one or two examples of a bike that wasn't
started and tested by a dealer to make sure everything is Ok.
Who's to say that bike gets abused and set up wrong and
develops problems and word gets out that a brand new Honda
is a lemon.Honda isn't about to take that chance.A Dealer
knows better anyway.They have a responsibility to honor their
license and protect the duty of a Dealer.In fact,a dealer can't
by law sell a bike and hand it over w/o first making sure the
buyer has motorcycle insurance.That's the problem I had.
I attemped to buy the CB on a Saturday,knowing full well they
were going to reguire getting in contac with my insurance agent.
But my Insurance agent decided a couple years ago to close up
on the weekend.Meaning they're not open on Saturday.
And most motorcyel dealers in my region aren't open on
Mondays.So I had to wait until Tuesday.



Maybe he has made his deal with the dealer, paid for the bike, but not taken delivery yet. I have done that several times. Bought a bike in the dead of winter when dealers are hungry, but leave them their in the crate until the weather breaks sometime in March. I would have done that with my CB but the weather just happened to be good enough in late March when the bike arrived at the dealership, so I just went ahead and took delivery.
 
I don't believe he mentioned it ever being started..or set up. If he has paid for it, he owns it. The dealer can easily set it up, activate it, and test ride it for whoever he would sell it to. It may not have a warranty however, unless the new Honda warranties are transferable.

Without Mr. Davis giving all the details we are only guessing as to where in the procedure he is.

Btw I am automatically insured on anything I buy, as long as I notify my agent on his answering machine and giving him the vin number. Besides you dont need insurance to own a bike, only to license it and operate it on the highway.
 
Foolardi, it seems, to me at least, that the vast majority of your post include you proclaiming the superior ability of the VTX 1800, Valkyrie Tourer, or the Rune. Are you sure you made the right choice?
 
I bought my CB1100 750 miles from home. Straight off the show room floor I had to drive on twisties in Arkansas, Interstate and some gravel during road construction and had no problems what so ever. The CB is a fun bike on all road types and conditions. My other bikes are about as big as you can get which are 2013 Honda F6B and 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere...........coming off these bikes to the CB is a pleasant experience. For a different ride with old technology I ride 1975 CB750 and 1978 CB550. I bought the 2013 CB1100 because it had what I wanted (well I wanted more because I have done lots of fun mods to it), the 2014 is nice but I am happy with my little collection. As soon as the CTX1300 comes out I will probably trade the Super T for it. Being retired my motorcycles are for entertainment purposes so for me it's all about fun and the CB1100 is a lot of fun!
 
The ferret_imp said:
I don't believe he mentioned it ever being started..or set up. If he has paid for it, he owns it. The dealer can easily set it up, activate it, and test ride it for whoever he would sell it to. It may not have a warranty however, unless the new Honda warranties are transferable.

Without Mr. Davis giving all the details we are only guessing as to where in the procedure he is.

Btw I am automatically insured on anything I buy, as long as I notify my agent on his answering machine and giving him the vin number. Besides you dont need insurance to own a bike, only to license it and operate it on the highway.
He's on another tread spamming to sell that bike.
he stated " zero miles " and no gas was in it.
So what is one to assume.That it was started but never riden
for a test ride.How did the tank get empty,then.
Sorry but as SOP it takes a written { fax } NOT verbal
authorization to document the VIN # was offered and
accepted.Kinda like buying a house.Unless the Dealer has a
working relations with the Insurance agent and a phone call
might suffice.But still that isn't professional.There need be some
proof as in Fax or paperwork.
No one can take delievery of a motorcycle w/o insurance
that has been verified.That is policy at any credible Dealership.
I guess one could Buy a motorcycle and get the title transfer
w/o ever taking delievery { leaving the Dealer with the bike }.
But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO a buyer cannot leave the
dealer with a bike { no mater trailering it or not } w/o
first verifying they have Insurance.Like I said,I guess they
could buy the bike and leave it at the dealer until such time
they choose to take delievery.Then they'll have to prove insurance.
 
I have bought 2 bikes from Dealers, and not had to verify insurance on either with the dealer.

Insurance WAS required at the DMV to register and get plates, but not by the dealer.

I could see that being an issue with a dealer if you fianance through the dealers in house/manufacturer fianancing. Also different states may require different things. YMMV
 
In Wa state , no insurance is required unless needed by finance co. I've never shown ins or had insurance ever for purchase of at least 20 new road bikes from many dealers. The cops can't write you tickets for no insurance because its not a violation of any laws. Cars yes, bikes no.
 
kenfyoozed_imp said:
Foolardi, it seems, to me at least, that the vast majority of your post include you proclaiming the superior ability of the VTX 1800, Valkyrie Tourer, or the Rune. Are you sure you made the right choice?
If you mean am I acting like some Yahoo bozo after
their first kiss.Gee I hope not.
I really like this CB.But it does have it's limitation.
One is the Interstate.have you even bothered to read any
reviews of this bike.Much harsher than my tame complaints.
No bike is a Godsend.That's the first lesson in acting grown up
with a motorcycle.Harley never bothers to explain that to their
customers.it's goo goo ga ga land 24/7 for them.
Deanohh_imp said:
In Wa state , no insurance is required unless needed by finance co. I've never shown ins or had insurance ever for purchase of at least 20 new road bikes from many dealers. The cops can't write you tickets for no insurance because its not a violation of any laws. Cars yes, bikes no.
Are you takin' Brand spankin' new models right from the
dealer's floor or waiting to be assembled.
Even then.When you go to the Clerks office to transfer a
title on a used bike,they still require proof of insurance.
I guess it's been some time since I've visited the Prairie.
Just get off the prairie have I.
 
I have toured, on the Interstate, on a CJ-360T, KZ550 Ltd, Moto Guzzi Griso and a Moto Guzzi Quota. The CB1100 is just as capable as any of those (and better than the 360 and 550).

To say the CB1100 is not suitable for the Interstate is incorrect. But I'm quite sure other bikes will be more suitable for many riders. But the CB1100 will do it. I've spent only about an hour on the freeway with the CB and the only thing I'd add to make a it very good tourer - a Vetter with bags.
 
Okay enough bickering over the insurance! Each state is different. I didn't need it for the dealer but needed it for the Loan. So if I had the cash I would've have needed to show insurance at any stage except getting the plates from the dmv, if I had to go to the DMV.

Oh and yes we all have different riding likes and some like riding the 1100 on the interstate and have no issues and or desires for anything else for the interstate. We all get the point that to some this bike for them just doesn't cut the mustard on the interstate. But just as there are different rules per the States for insurance, helmets, and such there are different riders and such. No need to push your beliefs, they were stated now move on...

Wow...

Anyone see the game tonight?

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 4.2.4
 
What game?

Saw the Patriots and Broncos last night(was up way too late). Manning vs Brady. Brady looked great, Manning not so much. I took Manning before the game, and lost lol.
 
Foolardi,

I'm not exactly sure what your game is. Everyone here comes from different life experiences and biking backgrounds be it the number of years we've ridden, types or sizes of bikes that we've ridden, where we've ridden, etc., etc.. None of that makes those experiences any more or less valid than yours, just different. But valid just the same.

Guth
 
You need to add a like button sir. :D
 
Jim21680_imp said:
So, does anyone know if this new 6th gear is actually a higher overdrive? (Or is it the same as our 5th, with a revised gearset in between?)
The info on the Euro model said that the first five gears remain the same as the 2013. The 6th gear was added as an overdrive.
 
Wow, that was an interesting read...lol. Back on topic...

Personally, I just bought my CB 2 weeks ago. I do not plan on trading her in for a '14. No, this one is a keeper =)
 
Getting a little sea sick reading through this thread:huh:
Personally i would not buy the same bike twice. There are a few nice touches to the 2014 but not enough to catch my interest.
 
Why not? If you are generally satisfied with it?
Next summer, I will buy a new car and it will be the third time the same model - because I am happy with it.
 
Back
Top