Who is considering trading to a 2014?

ride4now_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I don't want to say trading UP... but if the 2014 we get has the 6th. gear, dual pipes, and all the things we're reading about, I'm going to seriously consider trading in my 2013. I like the idea of a 6th gear, the dual pipes, and the matching side covers. I don't really want the spoke wheels and don't care about changes to the instrumentation. And I'm not thrilled about white, but these might not be deal killers. It's the pipes, the 6th gear, and if it has a silver engine with chrome headers... man it would be tough to walk away from. What would everyone else do?
 
Thread starter
Aussieflyer_imp said:
I'd make you an offer to buy the unwanted set of spoked wheels ... they will suit my bike!!
A swap? Your cast wheels from a '13 for the laced or spoke wheels the '14, probably, would come with?
 
Not for me thanks. I much prefer the look of the 2013 in red. The only "problem" that I had with my '13 was the tone of the exhaust - I didn't mind the looks so much. Unless Honda really beefed up the sound of the dual pipe system, it would just cost me that much more to upgrade the exhaust with two cans involved. I wouldn't mind having the extra overdrive gear, but I can easily live without it. I wouldn't mind having a larger gas tank, but don't care as much for the way it looks. I personally don't care for the spoked wheels or for the EX style side covers.

I can understand how these things would appeal to others though and hope that Honda brings both the 2014 CB1100 and 2014 CB1100 EX to the States. I'm also sure that there are more than a few individuals out there eagerly waiting for used 2013 CB1100's to hit the market at used bike prices. In a sense, everybody wins.
 
ride4now_imp said:
Aussieflyer_imp said:
I'd make you an offer to buy the unwanted set of spoked wheels ... they will suit my bike!!
A swap? Your cast wheels from a '13 for the laced or spoke wheels the '14, probably, would come with?
A swap? Your cast wheels from a '13 for the laced or spoke wheels the '14, probably, would come with?
:thumbsup: that's a deal.
 
Here's my thought about a Motorcycle.I would never buy a motorcycle because
of the wheels or how low it sits,the seat or the fenders.Like what Harley types
obsess over.I purchase a Motorcyle because of the MOTOR.That engine.
First and foremost.Which is why I find Harley's such a manifest joke.
You got basically one engine and about a dozen models.That is pure dopiness.
I think a motorcyles styling is important but not key.How the bike performs
and especially the hallmark engine is what concerns me.I didn't come to this
conclusion over night either.Having spent 10 years looking at Clone cruisers
that had all different kinds of bells and whistles but basically one type engine,
or the pushrod S & S plant.The clone market was very picky about everything but
what counts.Likes how they handle and brake and the reliability of the engine.
I realize that S & S make good race engines.But they are old school.
Trading-in a 2013 model for a 2014 model is kinda stupid.Because yer
going to take a huge hit on depreciation and there really is no difference worth
a hil of beans between the 2 models.This CB does not need a 6th gear because it is not
an Interstate bike.This bike,actually is crap for Interstate use.It is way too light
and narrow.In fact it is not safe for Interstate use.
It is an around town and boulevard hoot.Really interesting on back roads
and country highway.it is perfect for quick trips and fast getaway.
But no way in hell would it make a touring bike.Just like most clone
cruisers.It is what it is.A very flexible and easy to use all around motorcycle
that has plenty of pep,really handles well and is about the easiest bike to
flip around and shift in it's weight class.
 
Internet forums have cost me way too much money over the years, always reading about things others buy and have to have or the next best thing, drives me crazy.
Cost me a lot on the photo forums, years ago, I had a pentax K1000, it last me 20 years, them the internet and DSLR's came on the scene, 4 bodies and 12 lenses later......then the bicycle forums
And now this motorcycle...geez the spending never stops ! :-)
 
I'm sticking with my '13. I might consider the larger tank if it's not too expensive. Same for the EX side covers if I can get them in red.
 
HikerToo_imp said:
Internet forums have cost me way too much money over the years, always reading about things others buy and have to have or the next best thing, drives me crazy.
Cost me a lot on the photo forums, years ago, I had a pentax K1000, it last me 20 years, them the internet and DSLR's came on the scene, 4 bodies and 12 lenses later......then the bicycle forums
And now this motorcycle...geez the spending never stops ! :-)
Which could beg the question.How do Harley owners handle the
peer pressure with new models coming out in droves every couple
years.
Oh ! I keep forgetting.Harley owners Live for peer pressure and
acceptance.
 
I have to admit, I have tossed it over in my mind.

There are things I like (dual pipes, higher bars, larger fuel tank, pattern on seat and seat strap, gear indicator.) and things I'm not so fond of, spoked wheels, color (unless the red one comes here..I definitely don't want white)..smaller turn signals, additional info on dash...and things I don't care either way about ...repositioned headlight, chrome rings on gauges...

Thing is I really love the one I have..great bike. Would the other stuff make it any better? Or just different?

I don't know. I want to see one in the flesh. Find out how much difference it would cost me. Then I'll decide.
 
Not me.
1.Love the 2013 in Red .
2.Love the Comstar like Cast wheels.
3.Love the Single Sided Exhaust.
4.Modded mine to be perfect for my taste.

But happy that we get a 2014 for future owners to enjoy:beerchug:
 
I just purchased a 2013. I have not put gas in it yet. it's brand new, zero miles. I love the spokes wheels, and the pipes. Could care less about 6th gear, and actually prefer the smaller tank. I am going to sell the 2013 I just purchased ( haven't even ridden yet ). and wait for a 2014. Anybody know anyone who wants a screaming deal on a brand new zero mile 2013, call 407-617-3417 or gregdavis3@aol.com 8750 buys bike.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I have to admit, I have tossed it over in my mind.

There are things I like (dual pipes, higher bars, larger fuel tank, pattern on seat and seat strap, gear indicator.) and things I'm not so fond of, spoked wheels, color (unless the red one comes here..I definitely don't want white)..smaller turn signals, additional info on dash...and things I don't care either way about ...repositioned headlight, chrome rings on gauges...

Thing is I really love the one I have..great bike. Would the other stuff make it any better? Or just different?

I don't know. I want to see one in the flesh. Find out how much difference it would cost me. Then I'll decide.
Keep in mind that Honda goes out of it's way when introducing a
new model.Meaning to make sure everything is just right.
Therefore a first production run,especially for the states is sure
to be a little more important during manufacture.
Meaning an original model is worth more.Don't let anyone
inform you differently.Especially if no lemons are detected.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I have to admit, I have tossed it over in my mind.

There are things I like (dual pipes, higher bars, larger fuel tank, pattern on seat and seat strap, gear indicator.) and things I'm not so fond of, spoked wheels, color (unless the red one comes here..I definitely don't want white)..smaller turn signals, additional info on dash...and things I don't care either way about ...repositioned headlight, chrome rings on gauges...

Thing is I really love the one I have..great bike. Would the other stuff make it any better? Or just different?

I don't know. I want to see one in the flesh. Find out how much difference it would cost me. Then I'll decide.
No unless there is a significant change in HP
 
Greg Davis_imp said:
I just purchased a 2013. I have not put gas in it yet. it's brand new, zero miles. I love the spokes wheels, and the pipes. Could care less about 6th gear, and actually prefer the smaller tank. I am going to sell the 2013 I just purchased ( haven't even ridden yet ). and wait for a 2014. Anybody know anyone who wants a screaming deal on a brand new zero mile 2013, call 407-617-3417 or gregdavis3@aol.com 8750 buys bike.
But the 2013's don't have spoke wheels.
Plus how did you take delievery of a new model w/o the
dealer assembling the bike and then adding fluids and
handing the keys over.Dealers aren't allowed to just sell
bikes out of the crate.That's a warranty issue.The dealer has
to take the bike out of the crate,assemble it,add fluids and
check to make sure it operates as per Honda/dealer agreement.
Otherwise the Warranty is null & void.
What on earth are you talking about man.You aren't authorized
to sell a bike that's never been started and have a Warranty in
place.
 
_imp said:
Here's my thought about a Motorcycle.I would never buy a motorcycle because
of the wheels or how low it sits,the seat or the fenders.Like what Harley types
obsess over.I purchase a Motorcyle because of the MOTOR.That engine.
First and foremost.Which is why I find Harley's such a manifest joke.
You got basically one engine and about a dozen models.That is pure dopiness.
I think a motorcyles styling is important but not key.How the bike performs
and especially the hallmark engine is what concerns me.I didn't come to this
conclusion over night either.Having spent 10 years looking at Clone cruisers
that had all different kinds of bells and whistles but basically one type engine,
or the pushrod S & S plant.The clone market was very picky about everything but
what counts.Likes how they handle and brake and the reliability of the engine.
I realize that S & S make good race engines.But they are old school.
Trading-in a 2013 model for a 2014 model is kinda stupid.Because yer
going to take a huge hit on depreciation and there really is no difference worth
a hil of beans between the 2 models.This CB does not need a 6th gear because it is not
an Interstate bike.This bike,actually is crap for Interstate use.It is way too light
and narrow.In fact it is not safe for Interstate use.
It is an around town and boulevard hoot.Really interesting on back roads
and country highway.it is perfect for quick trips and fast getaway.
But no way in hell would it make a touring bike.Just like most clone
cruisers.It is what it is.A very flexible and easy to use all around motorcycle
that has plenty of pep,really handles well and is about the easiest bike to
flip around and shift in it's weight class.
WOW!!! could you tell us more about this?
 
I have to STRONGLY disagree with you on this. I commute 115 mile a day on this bike in some of the windiest conditions around and it's as stable as a rock at 80 MPH. I got blown around MUCH more on my 93 Nighthawk 750 than I ever will on this thing.
Sure I think the seat is a bit hard even after 13,000 miles, but then again I am putting a but of weight down on it soooo.....

Even with that said I would have no issue riding this thing anywhere. I have complete confidence in the machine to take me anywhere and get me back home.
 
So, does anyone know if this new 6th gear is actually a higher overdrive? (Or is it the same as our 5th, with a revised gearset in between?)
 
kenfyoozed_imp said:
_imp said:
Here's my thought about a Motorcycle.I would never buy a motorcycle because
of the wheels or how low it sits,the seat or the fenders.Like what Harley types
obsess over.I purchase a Motorcyle because of the MOTOR.That engine.
First and foremost.Which is why I find Harley's such a manifest joke.
You got basically one engine and about a dozen models.That is pure dopiness.
I think a motorcyles styling is important but not key.How the bike performs
and especially the hallmark engine is what concerns me.I didn't come to this
conclusion over night either.Having spent 10 years looking at Clone cruisers
that had all different kinds of bells and whistles but basically one type engine,
or the pushrod S & S plant.The clone market was very picky about everything but
what counts.Likes how they handle and brake and the reliability of the engine.
I realize that S & S make good race engines.But they are old school.
Trading-in a 2013 model for a 2014 model is kinda stupid.Because yer
going to take a huge hit on depreciation and there really is no difference worth
a hil of beans between the 2 models.This CB does not need a 6th gear because it is not
an Interstate bike.This bike,actually is crap for Interstate use.It is way too light
and narrow.In fact it is not safe for Interstate use.
It is an around town and boulevard hoot.Really interesting on back roads
and country highway.it is perfect for quick trips and fast getaway.
But no way in hell would it make a touring bike.Just like most clone
cruisers.It is what it is.A very flexible and easy to use all around motorcycle
that has plenty of pep,really handles well and is about the easiest bike to
flip around and shift in it's weight class.
WOW!!! could you tell us more about this?
WOW!!! could you tell us more about this?
When I took delievery of my CB I knew I had to ride it back home.
Which was around a 60 mile jog.Mostly a 2 lane highway.
Which fits this bike perfectly.But the problem was road construction.
Crews have been out all summer doing major road repair.And there
was stretch on the road { where it has uneven signs meaning the
road has been all chewed up by machine waiting to be resurfaced.}
I wasn't about to take a new bike over a couple mile stretch of
road that was full of chewed up bumps }.
meaning I knew that morning when I left home I couldn't take
the same way back home.I was lucky and rode my Honda Rune
on a the side of the highway that was resurfaced and clean.
So I had to take the Interstate the majority of the way home with the brand new CB.So I said I'm not gonna go over 3 grand meaning
under 60 mph.Which I managed.But I was kinda nervous on a new
totally different bike than I'm used to.The new tires didn't act slippery but the CB felt unstable on the Interstate especially with
tractor/trailers blowing past.because the bike is narrow.Not wide
and low enough or heavy enough for extended Interstate travel.
Of course maybe a windshield could solve half of that.
Still ... this CB is not Interstate friendly.Actually most bikes
aren't.When I told that to my Biker buddy he beg to differ.
Mainly because he's a contrarian.Still has his '83 shovehead which
is kind of a small Harley.Whihc he thinks is good for everything.
NOT. He should know better.He just traded his 2006 Road King in for
a Fat Bob.I'm a Realist.
if a bike has an Achilles' heel I don't hide the fact.
 
Back
Top