Who has adjusted their chain?

Short Timer_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
You should adjust it when it is luke warm....
But lube it when it's cooled down..... :-/

Nah, don't ask.
But lube it when it's cooled down..... :-/

Nah, don't ask.
The Chain Wax can and others say to warm it up first with a 15 minute ride....
 
(Yesterday 01:57 PM)Houtman Wrote:  
You should adjust it when it is luke warm....




Well, whatever I was using - and it's supposed to be high quality stuff for O-ring chains, ran off like water from the warm chain. Made a bit of a mess. :huh:
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Over 100 posts for a chain adjusting thread! Damn that's gooooood.

Cheers
There's oil involved. :P
 
Thread starter
Over a year now...what an enduring thread ...lol

Btw..over 5200 miles on my 14. Still no chain adjustment.
 
He sells them pretty quickly when the new model comes along so they'd be a good buy. :P
 
Yea next time there should be a lottery for a forum member to purchase rather than the dealer taking a trade.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Hmmm I think mine too is due for an adjustment...
Now have about 3100km on it (= about 2000 miles), I've ridden since 12 december 700 miles.
And I now have about 350-400mm of slack and the chain is resting on the rubber protective piece of on top of the swingarm.
Slightly over the recommended slack.


Whats the normal frequency our chains have to be adjusted?
 
I'm simply Exhausted after reading through this whole Thread... methods, special tools, torque wrenches, etc, etc.

I'd do better learning how to belly dance.

I think I'll leave chain adjustment to the Honda shop mech... :rolleyes:
 
I have 11000km(6800mi) but I still no chain adjustment.
the chain slack is still in service limit. (30mm/1.18in)
 
I adjusted for the first time today at 4,617 miles. It had been at 35 mm for several weeks. Now it's 25 mm. During a short test ride the bike did appear to shift a little easier.
 
Until now round about 26.000km the CB didn't need much chain adjustment.
During the run in period be considered with 10.000km, I adjusted a few times, although there was
no real necessity to do so, but I wanted to find out how to do it.

For example the last 12.000km I only lubed the chain but didn't have to correct the tension.
The chain runs smooth and even without becoming a hard hitter. But maybe someday, I have to stay in practice how to adjust.

Wisedrum
 
Wisedrum_imp said:
Until now round about 26.000km the CB didn't need much chain adjustment.
During the run in period be considered with 10.000km, I adjusted a few times, although there was
no real necessity to do so, but I wanted to find out how to do it.

For example the last 12.000km I only lubed the chain but didn't have to correct the tension.
The chain runs smooth and even without becoming a hard hitter. But maybe someday, I have to stay in practice how to adjust.

Wisedrum
euhm what? :huh:
 
Well, I think, it'll take some time to really run a motorbike in
with all its components. So every fool is different.

Wisedrum
 
Back
Top