who already has in thier head what they will do to the 14 Deluxe?

ss2wheels_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I for one think this might be the bike I really try with all my might to leave stock, that is after 86ing the reflectors in the dealers parking lot.LOL.......
 
I've been thinking that this might be the bike I customize the suspension for. I go anywhere from 210# to 230# and add gear and your at 230-250. The springs are set up for much less than that.

Other than that, just some panniers/luggage and a decent windshield.
 
The engine is bottled up at both ends. I'd try to find slip-ons similair in look to stock only smaller, a TSR Air funnel and K&N filter, and PCV. Those changes should produce a better sounding exhaust note and a noticable bump in performance. For the handling a pair of good shocks like Ohlins or HyperPro and a decent fork stabalizer up front. Possibly a different seat if the stock seat gets uncomfortable - perhaps a mid-height K&H matching the style mof the stock seat. Tail light mod, reflector removal, and if Chic Design makes a colored match cowl for the 2013 then that would be a must.

Other than that I would touch a damn thing. Well maybe a few bits and pieces.
Oh......forgot to add chrome chain cover, high quality levers (or the black rubber caps for the stock levers), lower profile chrome engine guards, high quality adjustable step kit, red fork bolts, and a rear carrier and a low profile sissy bar for the wife.
 
Easy one for me...

(1) little rubber lever end covers

(2) Pro-grip 719 Gel Grips ( black)

(3) Battery Tender Pigtail

(4) Black aluminum valve stem cover caps

(5) Helmet Guardian Helmet holders on lic plate

(6) Brackets for my NC Street Shield EX (to use when tripping) * if it fits the 2014 model

(7) Tourmaster Elite Tank bag

(8) Tourmaster elite saddlebags (when tripping)

(8) Cortech tail pack

(9) expand the tool kit a little with shock spanner wrench, open end and extension and 8mm wrench for adjusting chain on the road

(10) and I'll probably rremove the stickers from the top of the tank..

Already have everything off my 2013 except for the rubber end cover thingies which are already at the shop's service dept waiting for the bike to come in
 
Easy for me too...

-battery tender pigtail
-national cycle deflector shield (off my 13
if it will fit)
-Honda rear rack (off my 13 assuming it fits)
-removal of tank stickers

Other than the usage of a tail bag, tank bag, etc...
that's it.

I'll also put a quick coat of wax on it shortly after
picking it up.
 
gheil' pid='28057' dateline='1393203867 said:
Easy for me too...

-battery tender pigtail
-national cycle deflector shield (off my 13
if it will fit)
-Honda rear rack (off my 13 assuming it fits)
-removal of tank stickers

Other than the usage of a tail bag, tank bag, etc...
that's it.

I'll also put a quick coat of wax on it shortly after
picking it up.
[/quote



Gheil
I am fairly sure the rack will not fit.
On the plus side it would love to buy a used rack from a Cb buddy and save on the crazy retail price.
Romo


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
In my head ONLY! I'd swap all my work over to the new one. :D
Wouldn't really be worth the work for just a gear and still no spokes?
 
Ack-CB11_imp said:
In my head ONLY! I'd swap all my work over to the new one. :D
Wouldn't really be worth the work for just a gear and still no spokes?
Man I don't see how, however only you can make that decision. Wait till 2015 and see if the spokes come here?
 
The ferret_imp said:
Ack-CB11_imp said:
In my head ONLY! I'd swap all my work over to the new one. :D
Wouldn't really be worth the work for just a gear and still no spokes?
Man I don't see how, however only you can make that decision. Wait till 2015 and see if the spokes come here?
Man I don't see how, however only you can make that decision. Wait till 2015 and see if the spokes come here?
The swap-to part would be a snap, these bike a so great to work on. Only a weekend tops. Just can't see taking the hit, because I'd be removing the '14 appearance upgrades. The spokes would help a little but the 6th gear I don't need out here at all.
So it's really only in my head.
 
Your right Ferret,
Please retract previous statement!!!! I was just doing a comparo between the 13 and 14 parts fiches. Lots of new numbers, I don't think much of the 14 stuff would go back on my 13. That makes my mind up at least about the CB. On to the BMW!
 
You were thinkingabout that new retro Beemer, weren't you? 90 or something?
 
Oh man, nice bike and awesome trip. Feeling a little envious!
 
ride4now_imp said:
Romo... I hope you're young, but we'll see. If it doesn't fit, I'll
make you a good deal.
Not sure what that means? Guessing you are planning not to trade bike for a while. Lol
Mid forties though. So yes young.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Romo1969_imp said:
ride4now_imp said:
Romo... I hope you're young, but we'll see. If it doesn't fit, I'll
make you a good deal.
Not sure what that means? Guessing you are planning not to trade bike for a while. Lol
Mid forties though. So yes young.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not sure what that means? Guessing you are planning not to trade bike for a while. Lol
Mid forties though. So yes young.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That is WAY TOO FUNNY!!!!! LOL big time!!!!!
I meant... I hope you're WRONG... I guess my iPhone
misread what I thought I typed. I'm still laughing!!
 
My wife has one of those phones you speak into for texts and emails. You would literally roll on the floor to read what the phone THINKS she says sometimes.
 
The ferret_imp said:
My wife has one of those phones you speak into for texts and emails. You would literally roll on the floor to read what the phone THINKS she says sometimes.
I'm STILL laughing!!!:rofl:
 
Back
Top