jtopiso_imp
Been there
e.g.Lord Popgun_imp said:Yes, GO, a button type supercap.
https://www.mouser.es/datasheet/2/427/196hvc-1762238.pdf
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
e.g.Lord Popgun_imp said:Yes, GO, a button type supercap.
e.g.jtopiso_imp said:e.g.Lord Popgun_imp said:Yes, GO, a button type supercap.
https://www.mouser.es/datasheet/2/427/196hvc-1762238.pdf
e.g.Ninemeister_imp said:e.g.jtopiso_imp said:e.g.Lord Popgun_imp said:Yes, GO, a button type supercap.
https://www.mouser.es/datasheet/2/427/196hvc-1762238.pdf
https://www.mouser.es/datasheet/2/427/196hvc-1762238.pdf
Good job, thanks. So it's a battery of sorts, most likely to power the flash record mileage to the board on switch off?


Ninemeister' pid='280430' dateline='1605206046 said:Not a bad view outside my office window today:
... of course the Blue is the best![]()
Gee PB, that' SO generous of you!peterbaron_imp said:Yap, there she is, a blue queen
Do you want me ro rd-test it, while you doing office duty?![]()

PB: When you get K10-Blue, can I borrow it for 'bout an hour?peterbaron_imp said:OK, just give us an update with pics when in progress or completed.![]()
GoldOxide_imp said:PB: When you get K10-Blue, can I borrow it for 'bout an hour?peterbaron_imp said:OK, just give us an update with pics when in progress or completed.![]()

peterbaron_imp said:GoldOxide_imp said:PB: When you get K10-Blue, can I borrow it for 'bout an hour?peterbaron_imp said:OK, just give us an update with pics when in progress or completed.![]()
[url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/member.php?action=profile&uid=3454]PB: When you get K10-Blue, can I borrow it for 'bout an hour?
GO, you had your blue CB... it rides the same..no need for ya...and is not as comfortable as the AT
Gee PB, that' SO generous of you!Ninemeister_imp said:Gee PB, that' SO generous of you!peterbaron_imp said:Yap, there she is, a blue queen
Do you want me ro rd-test it, while you doing office duty?![]()
But talking of road tests, after the first ride out to Chester I thought the ride quality was a little harsh, at the weekend I backed off the front pre-load adjuster to the stock position (3 rings - was in 2) and also turned down the HyperPro rear shocks from mid position, 25 clicks - or 2.5 turns, to approx 30 clicks or 3 turns from max. Of course, after 5 sleeps I had completely forgotten about the change and only recalled what I had done when around 6.5 miles into my 7.5 mile commute after hitting a roundabout with a particularly poor road surface. Before I would have found it harsh, now it simply rode straight over and was completely unperturbed. Happy days. Suspension adjustment - done.
I'll be back in the garage at the weekend to have another go at the chrome grab rail brackets - had another idea to extend the bracket to incorporate the K0 indicator support so will be drilling metal again to test it out. More later.
Ninemeister_imp said:We can all quote textbooks, this from "Teach me suspension/Part 3":
"By turning the preload adjuster on the top of the fork and adding another 5mm of mechanical compression, the spring would then be exerting 15kg of force back out, meaning you would need to then apply more than 15kg of force in order to begin to compress it.
While the rate remains the same, by adding preload to the spring in your suspension you are changing how the spring reacts to weight that’s applied to it. Whether it be through a rider’s movements, braking, cornering efforts, or the application of power.
By adding preload on the front, for example, in the braking zone there is going to be less of a diving effect as the weight moves forward because it takes more of yours the bike’s weight to overcome the force of the spring pushing back up.
This is why it is often referred to as making the suspension ‘stiffer’, because that’s the impression it gives."
The impression I get is that the bike is softer with reduced preload. That's good enough for me, but thanks for your input.
Not sure what you are getting at here but don't forget your spring length is the same length at varying preloads as both parts of the suspension can move. Adding preload does not "use up" the softer end of any progressive spring.PowerDubs_imp said:I haven't looked into the valving and spring rates of the stock forks/shocks- nor my upgraded to SDBV forks- but I can certainly say no -
"How does adjusting your preload one notch change the front end from harsh to less harsh? Your spring rate is the same no matter where you set your preload."
Is not true. Neither is the valving on many modern suspension.
Although the effect is probably minimal- it still has an effect.
A constant rate spring- would be constant in spacing and diameter the entire way. When they are not- part of the spring is 'softer' to compress first - either on impact- or when squeezed- as the spring doesn't know the difference. So 'pre-load' is just constant load-no different than load from a bump. The soft 'area' gives up first.
Tev62_imp said:Gee PB, that' SO generous of you!Ninemeister_imp said:Gee PB, that' SO generous of you!peterbaron_imp said:Yap, there she is, a blue queen
Do you want me ro rd-test it, while you doing office duty?![]()
But talking of road tests, after the first ride out to Chester I thought the ride quality was a little harsh, at the weekend I backed off the front pre-load adjuster to the stock position (3 rings - was in 2) and also turned down the HyperPro rear shocks from mid position, 25 clicks - or 2.5 turns, to approx 30 clicks or 3 turns from max. Of course, after 5 sleeps I had completely forgotten about the change and only recalled what I had done when around 6.5 miles into my 7.5 mile commute after hitting a roundabout with a particularly poor road surface. Before I would have found it harsh, now it simply rode straight over and was completely unperturbed. Happy days. Suspension adjustment - done.
I'll be back in the garage at the weekend to have another go at the chrome grab rail brackets - had another idea to extend the bracket to incorporate the K0 indicator support so will be drilling metal again to test it out. More later.
But talking of road tests, after the first ride out to Chester I thought the ride quality was a little harsh, at the weekend I backed off the front pre-load adjuster to the stock position (3 rings - was in 2) and also turned down the HyperPro rear shocks from mid position, 25 clicks - or 2.5 turns, to approx 30 clicks or 3 turns from max. Of course, after 5 sleeps I had completely forgotten about the change and only recalled what I had done when around 6.5 miles into my 7.5 mile commute after hitting a roundabout with a particularly poor road surface. Before I would have found it harsh, now it simply rode straight over and was completely unperturbed. Happy days. Suspension adjustment - done.
I'll be back in the garage at the weekend to have another go at the chrome grab rail brackets - had another idea to extend the bracket to incorporate the K0 indicator support so will be drilling metal again to test it out. More later. How does adjusting your preload one notch change the front end from harsh to less harsh? Your spring rate is the same no matter where you set your preload. Your preload is only setting where your fork/shock sit in its stroke, e.g. 25% or 30% for example. It is there to adjust for load. I can understand the rear, sounds like you are adjusting the damping on the Hyperpros.
If you have gas filled dampers (as on the rear), changing preload changes how the gas volume on the damper.PowerDubs_imp said:I haven't looked into the valving and spring rates of the stock forks/shocks- nor my upgraded to SDBV forks- but I can certainly say no -
"How does adjusting your preload one notch change the front end from harsh to less harsh? Your spring rate is the same no matter where you set your preload."
Is not true. Neither is the valving on many modern suspension.
Although the effect is probably minimal- it still has an effect.
A constant rate spring- would be constant in spacing and diameter the entire way. When they are not- part of the spring is 'softer' to compress first - either on impact- or when squeezed- as the spring doesn't know the difference. So 'pre-load' is just constant load-no different than load from a bump. The soft 'area' gives up first.