Ninemeister_imp
Running like a top
Thread starter
Not a problem I have at the moment - with the Wyvern 4-into-4 you can't keep the centre stand. It's also highly unlikely that I will be carrying a pillion (unless my other half has an epiphany) so the horizontal grab part of the rail is largely superfluous.Bazbro_imp said:Very interesting, Nine. The rear end certainly needs "something".
Back in 1972 I fitted a nice rack to my K2, and as I've already said, the rear grab rail on my CB1100 was destroyed in the accident. I've ordered a Fehling rear rack, which is pretty close to the one I fitted in '72. It will give me a rack and a much-needed grab handle in one.
You've obviously suffered the lack of a grab handle, the same as me! They're a bu**er to get on the centre stand without a dedicated grip, aren't they?![]()
This is just an exercise in making use of what I had and seeing if I like it.
Slightly better side view.
I'm not digging the bend down of the rail at the rear bracket, so before welding I'm going to try bending that straight again in the press.
Obviously the indicators are currently (sic) connected so the alloy grabs are just hanging loosely on the cable.



