which hand are you driving with?

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
from today's ride..teenager, high speed lane, going 75 +

bf55e0de11074a857309f8ad3e0ddb6f.jpg


359dd5bfb8cbe367db3135eea969dd41.jpg


yep, it's illegal here, they just don't care :@


.
 
Thread starter
Yea its a mile muncher, never stressed. Should turn over 102,000 miles by Monday afternoon lol
 
Thread starter
postoak_imp said:
He just has his left hand low on the wheel.
Nope I was right beside him, no hands on the wheel, both thumbs dancing on the screen of his phone, looking up every 5 seconds or so
 
Thread starter
lol ...I didn't look in his lap
 
how is it overthere ? here ask the police for 100 bucks if they see something like that.....or talking on mobile without hands-free device
 
alprider_imp said:
how is it overthere ? here ask the police for 100 bucks if they see something like that.....or talking on mobile without hands-free device
I think it depends on the area, but my feeling is that the fines are nowhere near high enough. If I was making the laws, this kind of nonsense would land you in jail for at least one night, automatic confiscation and auction of your vehicle, and you'd lose your driver's license for life. I'm serious. There is no excuse.
 
kvdv_imp said:
alprider_imp said:
how is it overthere ? here ask the police for 100 bucks if they see something like that.....or talking on mobile without hands-free device
I think it depends on the area, but my feeling is that the fines are nowhere near high enough. If I was making the laws, this kind of nonsense would land you in jail for at least one night, automatic confiscation and auction of your vehicle, and you'd lose your driver's license for life. I'm serious. There is no excuse.
Agree 100%!
 
Um, who’s calling the kettle black; were you taking a picture of that driver illegally using his iPhone while driving by you illegally using your iPhone while riding?
 
Thread starter
No, there is no law against taking a picture while driving, while there is against texting and driving.. I was not using my Iphone but a camera on a lanyard around my neck, plus I had one hand in control on the handlebars, wheras he had none on the wheel to control his car.
 
In the uk it’s illegal to use any electronic devise while driving including sat navs, Hands free are acceptable but not encouraged. The fines and points on the licence here have recently been doubled, but I’m still seeing lots of drivers still using hand held devices.
 
I’m not so sure, so I googled it. It’s technically “distracted driving” and unlucky drivers eating a hamburger or reading a newspaper get cited. There are records of fatal accidents occurring from taking pics while driving, so beware. An observant cop can ticket you and if you argued he’d probably say “Tell it to the Judge”
That can be a VERY expensive ticket, too in some states, plus points. Canada its a $500 fine. Don’t worry, what happens in the CB1100 forum stays in the CB1100 forum
Redirect Notice.
 
736cc_imp said:
I’m not so sure, so I googled it. It’s technically “distracted driving” and unlucky drivers eating a hamburger or reading a newspaper get cited. There are records of fatal accidents occurring from taking pics while driving, so beware. An observant cop can ticket you and if you argued he’d probably say “Tell it to the Judge”
That can be a VERY expensive ticket, too in some states, plus points. Canada its a $500 fine. Don’t worry, what happens in the CB1100 forum stays in the CB1100 forum
Redirect Notice.
+1
 
The important distinction is that that it is explicitly illegal to use your phone for any reason (except if it's hands-free) in most states, whereas taking a photo with a camera is only illegal if the LEO deems that you are distracted while using it. If you are maintaining your line and your speed, it would be HIGHLY unlikely that you would be stopped. The reality is that you can be stopped and ticketed for just about anything if the officer is in the mood to harass you. So a warning about taking photos from your bike is just about as worrisome as a warning not to wave at passing motorcycles or a warning not to glance down at your map.
 
Back
Top