Where to buy Road Comet, etc

CB750TOM_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Just pulled the trigger on a CB1100. I plan to add an OEM rear carrier and Chic Design Road Comet fairing. Where is the best place to buy them. I see Japanwebike advertised. Is this a good source? Where else? Thanks, folks.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Wasn't there one in the classifieds here?

CB1100 Forum
I just sold mine. I don't think anyone else is selling one here at this time. I purchased from samurider.com originally. I highly recommend that store for purchasing parts overseas.
 
CB750TOM,

Congrats on the new bike!

The road comet is a perfect compliment. Add red side panels and you'll transform the look of your bike.

I recommend spending a little more for the stripes. I like the clear screen but many like the tinted screen.

Also there are now two versions: Road Comet 1:

1f5cf4e75b89e3b7abdd8947bbdbacd2.jpg


and the slightly more angular Road Comet 2:

2d9bb83b700c1d61c4c222a98ad3dfb7.jpg


Takashi at Samurider will take good care of you and answer any questions you might have.

Good luck and enjoy the new bike!

Oops: forgot to mention the rear carrier. Honda list price in the US is $275, but you can get one in Japan for about $190. Shipping is probably another $30-35, but Takashi ships express which typically takes around 3 days.

But if you can talk your local Honda dealer into a 20% discount, price is about the same as one from Japan.
 
CB4ME, I was ready to buy the Road Comet 1 in red w/clear, wanted the stripe too, but isn't the stripe another $200?
I'm also going from a National Cycle Deflector , I think 9" above key hole, to the Comet which is only a few inches above key hole? So have been afraid to make switch just as the weather gets cold, right now my head is in wind turbulence, assuming with Comet it will only wind protect up to about lower chest?
What do you think?
 
NC deflector looks good and will provide more protection. And if you go up to the Street Shield, you may be looking through it instead of over it.

Comet with stripes is 12,200 yen more than a single color. So yes, an expensive upgrade nearly equal to the cost of a Deflector!

I ordered gauntlets. In cold weather, my hands suffer most.
 
Well............I kinda lied.................I found someone that does pin stripping on local Craigslist. He did nose cowl, side panels and he ran some silver stripes down and around my other bike, black F6B. It isn't show quality but for a poor guy like me it worked.
But there is another option which I have used with good results. Go to your local Auto parts and check out pin stripping tape, 1/4 inch can make a nice tight radius with no wrinkles and looks really good.
Correction to above post, it's 1/8 tape that makes tight radius..............1/4 is nice but can't make tight turns.
 
Just ordered the road comet 2 from samurider Clear windshield with stripe! Now for the 2 or 3 week wait. I hope I like it. They now make the comet 1 & 2 for the deluxe. I like them both was a hard choice to make but I went with the comet (2) :)
Michael


3 rights make a left
 
CB4ME you said the Road Comet was 12,00 Yen? It's currently 39,000. Was that the price at that time or what because that's more than double the price.
 
No, that has been the price on it. The exchange rate is MUCH better than it has been though.
Waldo_imp said:
CB4ME you said the Road Comet was 12,00 Yen? It's currently 39,000. Was that the price at that time or what because that's more than double the price.
He said this:

CB4ME_imp said:
NC deflector looks good and will provide more protection. And if you go up to the Street Shield, you may be looking through it instead of over it.

Comet with stripes is 12,200 yen more than a single color. So yes, an expensive upgrade nearly equal to the cost of a Deflector!

I ordered gauntlets. In cold weather, my hands suffer most.

The stripes are actually an extra 16,000 yen now.
Right now for what I ordered it is more than $110 cheaper than what I paid 5 months ago.
 
My road Comet 1 arrives in a few days. To be honest I could not really tell the difference in the photos between the 1 or the 2.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Elipten_imp said:
My road Comet 1 arrives in a few days. To be honest I could not really tell the difference in the photos between the 1 or the 2.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I couldn't tell the difference either. I ordered and installed a Comet 1. Still cant tell.
 
Bless you. I thought it was just me that could not tell! I even had Mr. T send me a few photos. He told me 1 was more rounded soft edges vs. 2 was more angular. Not typically liking the Transformer look on most bikes, I went with the 1.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Elipten_imp said:
Bless you. I thought it was just me that could not tell! I even had Mr. T send me a few photos. He told me 1 was more rounded soft edges vs. 2 was more angular. Not typically liking the Transformer look on most bikes, I went with the 1.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The biggest difference, to my eye anyway, is that the 2 has a more pronounced chin spoiler on it. More reminiscent of that on the original CB1100F.

When yours gets here, let us know about headlight fit. There was an earlier discussion on whether that has been changed on the 1 now. Previous complaints of a gap, and light bouncing back into the interior.
 
The ferret_imp said:
See post 1 for comparison pics

Road Comet Fairing
This comparison post above from The Ferret is excellent. It helped me decide on a Road Comet 2 which I ordered before Christmas to take advantage of the free freight offered to all cb1100 members.
Mr T is amazing to deal with, and thanks to this forum I found the product I was looking for.
It should arrive in about 3 weeks or so? I'll post pics when I get it on my bike. I ordered a somewhat unusual color (perhaps?). Matte black (with smoked screen) to match my matte black side panels-even tho my tank is blue.
Looking forward to seeing what it looks like.
Now I just have to hurry up and wait... ;)
 
For the record the excellent comparison pic and thread was by CB4ME who really has a handle on these Samurider accessories. I just dug it out of the archives by using the search engine and typing in "Road Comet" , and then linked to that one of several threads pertaining to the road comet fairings.
 
Back
Top