Where is the CB1100 built?

dr_rock_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Sorry to post such a simple question, but I did a fair amount of searching and was not able to find where our CB1100 bikes are made. Are they all made at the same plant or are the USA bikes put together at Honda's USA plant?
 
dr_rock_imp said:
Sorry to post such a simple question, but I did a fair amount of searching and was not able to find where our CB1100 bikes are made. Are they all made at the same plant or are the USA bikes put together at Honda's USA plant?
I believe that since the Marysville, Ohio plant closed in 2009, Honda hasn't made or assembled any bikes in North America.
 
Gumby 1100_imp said:
dr_rock_imp said:
Sorry to post such a simple question, but I did a fair amount of searching and was not able to find where our CB1100 bikes are made. Are they all made at the same plant or are the USA bikes put together at Honda's USA plant?
I believe that since the Marysville, Ohio plant closed in 2009, Honda hasn't made or assembled any bikes in North America.
They did close the motorcycle manufacturing line.

It's all used for automobile assembly now.

Since Honda (cycles) and Honda (cars) are two separate divisions, with separate budgets, trademarks, dealers and properties...it gets confusing when cars and bikes are assembled in the same complex. On the books, the Marysville cycle plant closed. In fact, nothing was shut down or taken down (except the Gold Wing tooling, which was shipped back to Japan) or anyone laid off. It's just become a dedicated automobile-assembly facility.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Our motorcycles are made in Japan

Your vin should start with JH

J Japan

H Honda

Cormanus has explored and written about this throughly, but a quick google search netted this

http://www.doityourself.com/stry/how-to-decode-motorcycle-engine-serial-numbers#b

Heres an interesting thread on it

Duplicate VIN numbers?
Ferret, I just got around to reading this link. While it's kinda helpful, some of it looks made up and I don't think I'd recommend it to anyone. Those seeking an understanding of the elements of a VIN would probably do better to look at the Wikipedia article here.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Our motorcycles are made in Japan

Your vin should start with JH

J Japan

H Honda

Cormanus has explored and written about this throughly, but a quick google search netted this

http://www.doityourself.com/stry/how-to-decode-motorcycle-engine-serial-numbers#b

Heres an interesting thread on it

Duplicate VIN numbers?
Ferret, I just got around to reading this link. While it's kinda helpful, some of it looks made up and I don't think I'd recommend it to anyone. Those seeking an understanding of the elements of a VIN would probably do better to look at the Wikipedia article here.

Ferret, I just got around to reading this link. While it's kinda helpful, some of it looks made up and I don't think I'd recommend it to anyone. Those seeking an understanding of the elements of a VIN would probably do better to look at the [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_identification_number]Wikipedia article here.
I have to agree with Cormanus on this. According to the linked article, my '14 CB DLX is a 70-79cc off-road vehicle and is, in fact, NOT a motorcycle. :huh:
 
Ok I wont recommend that link anymore then lol
 
Back
Top