Where do I go from here?

emptysea

Road warrior
Thread starter
Most of y’all know that I’ve been decorating my side covers with stickers from (mostly) roads on which I’ve ridden my CB1100. See photos....

dd0072112500390d0138d9707452b403.jpg


1b63f37c447061ab2ec52987635f3fd9.jpg


... as you can see I’m running out of space and I have about 10 more stickers to add to get up to date, including some of the great roads I logged at the PA Rally. So, where do I go from here? I was thinking the black covers under the tank, but I’d be interested in suggestions from my favorite group of motorcyclists — but they’re not around, so I’m asking you. :rofl:

Seriously, I’d like input from folks who love riding this bike. Chime in. :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
If it were my bike, I would not have any of those stickers at all..
The side panniers and top box would be a better spot for them, IMHO
 
Thread starter
If it were my bike, I wouldn’t have side panniers or a top box. Lol.
Houtman_imp said:
Over the years many people have told me where to stick it but I can not tell you on THIS forum.
:rofl:

You and me both, brother.
 
Thread starter
I might wrap some around the the black frame members bordering the side covers. But I’m not sure.
 
How about the empty space on your helmet?
 
Black covers under the tanks would be good. But where then? The tank itself?
 
Thread starter
Not the tank. I like it too much. Maybe I’ll just quit riding at that point. Lol
The ferret_imp said:
How about the empty space on your helmet?
“ON my helmet” or “IN my helmet” ? Lol
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Not the tank. I like it too much. Maybe I’ll just quit riding at that point. Lol
The ferret_imp said:
How about the empty space on your helmet?
“ON my helmet” or “IN my helmet” ? Lol
Whew!

EmptySea_imp said:
Not the tank. I like it too much. Maybe I’ll just quit riding at that point. Lol
The ferret_imp said:
How about the empty space on your helmet?
“ON my helmet” or “IN my helmet” ? Lol
Bad plan. Lay the new stickers over the old?
 
Thread starter
There will be a fair amount of overlapping, Cormanus. I am also trying to source smaller stickers. I’d like to be able to identify each route number, but it may come to obscuring some completely at some point.
 
I commemorate trips like you for locations visited on two wheels, but use a shadow box to house either pins or patches. Picked up two on recent trip to the rally.

I’d use the black side panels.





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
I like that, mtneers. “When” (if) I sell my bike, I will keep my side covers and replace them with new ones. Then I’ll frame these ones.
 
I take the easy way to show where I've ridden lol

8199ac5256f3f63578be56f54ab5447b.jpg
 
Thread starter
LOL I have a map in my garage as well. It's hard to ID specific roads on my big map, but this guy I know once gave me a state roadmap of KY with the roads we rode highlighted on it. Since then, I've kept roadmaps with the roads highlighted for most of the bigger trips I've taken.
 
Actually I have PB, but now that you mention it I see I haven't penned it in. My wife and I rode to Niagara Falls one year, crossed over into Canada, rode thru Quebec and Ontario and re entered the US near Detroit Michigan. I'll have add that to the map. Thanks. There are some western provinces I would love to ride to.(I have hunted bear and moose in Ontario, Saskatchewan, Alberta and Manitoba)
 
The ferret_imp said:
Actually I have PB, but now that you mention it I see I haven't penned it in. My wife and I rode to Niagara Falls one year, crossed over into Canada, rode thru Quebec and Ontario and re entered the US near Detroit Michigan. I'll have add that to the map. Thanks. There are some western provinces I would love to ride to.(I have hunted bear and moose in Ontario, Saskatchewan, Alberta and Manitoba)
:D, very good boss
I know about your bear hunting,' cuz we found some arrows with this writing: "property of Ferret":P

:biker:
 
Back
Top