When will we find out about the 2015 Hondas?

What is a "paint shaker"?
[/QUOTE]

I've heard some Brits refer to a Harley engine as (like) "a compressor". -Believe this & paint shaker are disparaging remarks regarding the perception of some V-twins as being high on vibration, very low in producing acceleration. No?
 
JustJohn_imp said:
gossman_imp said:
I'm not worried about it being renewed for '15, I have mine and plan on riding it and enjoying the fact that I have one. All vehicles take a dive in resale, this shouldn't bother anyone unless they made a rash purchase on a whim and didn't realize that this isn't a Hayabusa or Goldwing. It took me several years to decide to purchase it, I found the '13 ABS I was wanting and I bought it. Sold my cruiser and after last weeks ride on my friend's paint shaker I came to realize it was the best MC decision I made in quite a few years concerning motorcycles. Zoom Zoom:biker:
What is a "paint shaker"?
It's a gadget found at hardware and paint stores that vibrates a can of paint (pretty violently) to mix up the contents.

Here's a video (shaking starts at about 5:30)
 
Lots of bikes have excessive (by most standards) vibrations. I have ridden big British singles that would shake your fillings out. I have ridden parallel twins with out counter balancers of both British and Japanese designs that would shake light bulbs apart and crack metal fenders and license plates, and I've owned American bikes whose front wheels would literally hop off the ground at a stop light while idling. Certain engine designs have issues with primary balance. It's not limited to manufacture but dictated by design.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Lots of bikes have excessive (by most standards) vibrations. I have ridden big British singles that would shake your fillings out. I have ridden parallel twins with out counter balancers of both British and Japanese designs that would shake light bulbs apart and crack metal fenders and license plates, and I've owned American bikes whose front wheels would literally hop off the ground at a stop light while idling. Certain engine designs have issues with primary balance. It's not limited to manufacture but dictated by design.
I agree Mickey. But until you have ridden a Shovelhead at length its pretty unfair to say modern Harley's are the same. As an owner of Triumph tridents and plenty of pre-evo Sportsters I know vibes. Modern Harley's are nothing compared to to the old bikes. Not even close.
 
JustJohn_imp said:
gossman_imp said:
I'm not worried about it being renewed for '15, I have mine and plan on riding it and enjoying the fact that I have one. All vehicles take a dive in resale, this shouldn't bother anyone unless they made a rash purchase on a whim and didn't realize that this isn't a Hayabusa or Goldwing. It took me several years to decide to purchase it, I found the '13 ABS I was wanting and I bought it. Sold my cruiser and after last weeks ride on my friend's paint shaker I came to realize it was the best MC decision I made in quite a few years concerning motorcycles. Zoom Zoom:biker:
What is a "paint shaker"?
I heard that's, what they use as a motor, to move these street legal stair lifts. :s
 
Lets not get into Harley bashing. Some of our members own and enjoy riding them too.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Lets not get into Harley bashing. Some of our members own and enjoy riding them too.
I'm not bashing them, I love the looks and sounds of them, especially the vintage models. I just can't deal with the weight and vibration of them anymore. Granted, many are not as bad as others concerning vibration. But to many, that's one of the allures. And I can attest that there are plenty of old single cylinder thumpers that will rattle the fillings out of one's teeth, again, to many it's part of the attraction.
The older Road King in white is especially beautiful. I will always love Harelys, but at this point in my life, it will be from afar. :beerchug:
 
gossman_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Lets not get into Harley bashing. Some of our members own and enjoy riding them too.
I'm not bashing them, I love the looks and sounds of them, especially the vintage models. I just can't deal with the weight and vibration of them anymore. Granted, many are not as bad as others concerning vibration. But to many, that's one of the allures. And I can attest that there are plenty of old single cylinder thumpers that will rattle the fillings out of one's teeth, again, to many it's part of the attraction.
The older Road King in white is especially beautiful. I will always love Harelys, but at this point in my life, it will be from afar. :beerchug:
Old BSA 441 Victor was probably one of the worst I can recall.
 
Back
Top