When will we find out about the 2015 Hondas?

I think, if Honda came out with an upgraded 2015 model, this would drop the price of the still not sold bikes even more. Dealers with 2014 and yet 2013 models still in stock wouldn't like that.

My personal guess: They just continue the same model for a while (hopefully).

I observered too, that the CB1100 draws a lot of attention. My impression is, many people like to see the bike, but not necessarily wish to own one for every day usage. The heart likes, then the brain buys.
 
The point is this is not a discontinued model which means even if it stops being sold in the U.S. as long as it sells then aftermarket parts continue to be designed and sold, in quantity and quality.

Is it my imagination or are there less aftermarket parts available now as apposed to just six months ago? Where are the custom CB750 look alike kits anymore? I don't see them offered. I think a rear rack is missing from the lineup now, a smaller black one on the Sam site.
Elipten_imp said:
Looks remarkably the same. Ho hum!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Guess so. Perfection in metallic black.
 
Every bike in the "sport" category on powersports.honda.com is showing a 2015 model with the exceptions of the VFR, the CB, and the Grom. I don't know why they would be holding out on the announcing a 2015 CB1100 if they're already announcing brand new bikes like the CBR300. My guess is that the 2014s and 2013s are all that we're going to get.
 
NightRider_imp said:
The point is this is not a discontinued model which means even if it stops being sold in the U.S. as long as it sells then aftermarket parts continue to be designed and sold, in quantity and quality.

Is it my imagination or are there less aftermarket parts available now as apposed to just six months ago? Where are the custom CB750 look alike kits anymore? I don't see them offered. I think a rear rack is missing from the lineup now, a smaller black one on the Sam site.
Elipten_imp said:
Looks remarkably the same. Ho hum!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Guess so. Perfection in metallic black.
I haven't noticed the aftermarket diminishing. Samurider usually posts some kind of new offering every month or so.

Speaking of Samurider, that's who offers the retro CB750 kit and they still have it. At last check, they had 5 pages of CB1100 farkles.
 
The owner of my local Honda dealer is very doubtful that there will be a 2015 CB1100 in the US. He said that his inventory order form, or whatever he called it, only showed 2014 cb1100s. He said that doesn't necessarily mean there won't be a 2015 US model, but they would have no reason to hold back on taking orders for one...they typically only hold back on releasing info like that for new models. So that's what I found out today.
 
Oh..and apparently Honda surveys the dealers for ideas on new models and my guy said he suggested a CB750 or 500 version of our bike at a price under $8k. He thinks he could sell a bunch at that size range and price point.

I agreed. Maybe someone in Japan will, too.
 
My other bike, the Honda NT700V had so many unsold at dealerships that you could buy a brand new 2010 model year bike even early this year. If enough dealerships have enough unsold 2014 CBs, maybe that plays into the decision to either cancel it or take a year off.

I agree that a 500 or 750 size at a lower price point would sell well.
 
If they had just left the hydraulic adjusters from the 93-03 750 nighthawks it would have been perfect.
 
Shim and bucket are far more reliable over years. Most riders never ride enough to actually reach the time they have to make the adjustments.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
The owner of my local Honda dealer is very doubtful that there will be a 2015 CB1100 in the US. He said that his inventory order form, or whatever he called it, only showed 2014 cb1100s. He said that doesn't necessarily mean there won't be a 2015 US model, but they would have no reason to hold back on taking orders for one...they typically only hold back on releasing info like that for new models. So that's what I found out today.
Same thing my dealer said.
 
Many of the complaints about this bike are that it us under powered. How does a version half the displacement help that? I think it would be an even tougher sell.
 
Back
Top