Elipten_imp
Road warrior
Oh I hope Santa Honda brings be a DLX size tank in Spencer Blue!
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
SamEdward_imp said:Can someone give me the link or something like that to the 2015 models
That's the point of the thread...the 2015 Models are not officially released yet. Hopefully we'll find out in the next month or two.As much as I love the red, it would be great if the US got some more color choices. Like the white, black, and yes, orange would be awesome. And any other color, too. I would love to see the DLX in black, like this one.linuxology_imp said:Prediction: 2015 will be skipped and move to 2016 models. My hope is that the 2015 is released. Sunburst orange, white, or blue would be nice. Maybe they should consider getting rid of Standard and Deluxe and just make the Deluxe. Seems to make more since to have one model to reduce costs/complexities in production.
What are you hoping for in the 2015?OldF7Guy_imp said:You would think by now we all would know something. Honda really holds it back. Not happy about it either.
Yet, posts in this thread tell us there's still new 2013 stock sitting around in dealerships.ClassicVW_imp said:When I was at the M/C show on Sunday there was a crowd around the CB1100 and a salesman telling everyone about the bike. I had to wait quite a few minutes for an opening to ask him if he heard anything about 2015.
The bike still draws a crowd, so it seems to me it still has potential buyers.
It's a nice conversation piece. It is what people want in their mind's eye. But, then they look at all the other bikes and away from their instinct and intuition and we see actual sales in other areas. A local Triumph dealer had many leftovers. The BMW side had sold out. CBR600RR's still sell well. GSXR's. VStrom 650's. But who do I see on the road and what did the local Harley dealer sell a boat load of? Street Glide and Road Glide. My brother on his 07 Multistrada says it; Wind protection and luggage. The four is a nice, but expensive motor. Lots of moving parts. Twins are simpler and sell well. - The local NH Ducati dealer had quite a few leftovers. The Guzzi V7 Classic is sitting unsold on the floor. I test rode that on backroads and it was a great little machine.ClassicVW_imp said:When I was at the M/C show on Sunday there was a crowd around the CB1100 and a salesman telling everyone about the bike. I had to wait quite a few minutes for an opening to ask him if he heard anything about 2015.
The bike still draws a crowd, so it seems to me it still has potential buyers.
Cormanus_imp said:Yet, posts in this thread tell us there's still new 2013 stock sitting around in dealerships.ClassicVW_imp said:When I was at the M/C show on Sunday there was a crowd around the CB1100 and a salesman telling everyone about the bike. I had to wait quite a few minutes for an opening to ask him if he heard anything about 2015.
The bike still draws a crowd, so it seems to me it still has potential buyers.
It's hard for me to understand, but this bike does not seem to be a big seller.
CBJoe_imp said:SamEdward_imp said:Can someone give me the link or something like that to the 2015 modelsThat's the point of the thread...the 2015 Models are not officially released yet. Hopefully we'll find out in the next month or two.
That's what I'm waiting for. I've made the decision to pick up a CB1100 but am waiting to hear about 2015 options.
Cheers, Joe
That's the point of the thread...the 2015 Models are not officially released yet. Hopefully we'll find out in the next month or two.
for thr informationWell, whatever bike you think is too expensive, not just the CB, there's always a lightly used current model year example available somewhere for around 30% less. My standard was 7K even, had 500 miles on it and was still under warranty. I bought my last three bikes this way. Two of them only had 500 -600 miles on them, and the BMW had 9,000 but still had the bulk of the 36 month warranty.JustJohn_imp said:Ok, flame suit on, let me just tighten these cinch straps...there. Im ready...the bike is too expensive for what you get. I want one...and have done the research...its a beautiful bike. Sh@t I could buy one and just stare at it in the garage. Getting a test ride is real hit-or-miss. Seen them fire saled and other dealers not budge on price. But $11,700 is ridiculous. Not as bad as 6 large for the new little Yamaha, but its still steep. Yeah, I saw the videos about how special it is and the "Deep Rumble" etc. If there is a 15 model, I can only imagine the price will be higher. There are only so many of us in the age demographic that are attracted to this bike. I realize there are some younger riders, but its probably 95% 45-60 year olds looking at this bike. Not running down the bike...I want one but dont see the value. Just being honest.
The ferret_imp said:Cormanus_imp said:Yet, posts in this thread tell us there's still new 2013 stock sitting around in dealerships.ClassicVW_imp said:When I was at the M/C show on Sunday there was a crowd around the CB1100 and a salesman telling everyone about the bike. I had to wait quite a few minutes for an opening to ask him if he heard anything about 2015.
The bike still draws a crowd, so it seems to me it still has potential buyers.
It's hard for me to understand, but this bike does not seem to be a big seller.
Yet, [url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4574]posts in this thread tell us there's still new 2013 stock sitting around in dealerships.
It's hard for me to understand, but this bike does not seem to be a big seller.
I guess it depends on your definition of big. It would never sell in numbers like a modern bike. But it has apparently sold enough units for Honda to keep it around for 5 model years and make some significant upgrades to it just last year. We have members from at least 21 countries so globally it must be doing alright. Has to have sold better than the VFR 1200, Rune, DN-01 and probably the NM4. Honda has had 1 year models, 2 year models, 3 and 4 year models that must have sold worse than the CB which has lasted 5 model years. Maybe it has exceeded Honda's expectations. Maybe Honda thought they could sell 2000 of them and they sold 10,000 of them. Since manufacturers won't tell us how many of individual units are sold, or what projected sales per model is, we can only speculate and then be surprised when a model is either continued or discontinued.
I totally agree with this statement. I am in the 45-70 year demographic group and I would guess that others in this group would agree with this statement. In this demographic group, we just want to enjoy life rather than worrying about accumulating wealth.The ferret_imp said:JustJohn no flame from me. I understand where you are coming from. I've always said the same thing about diamond wedding rings, but had to buy one for my wife anyway.
The CB is expensive for what it is compared to some other products on the market. The Yamaha FZ09 is lighter, has more power, and costs less for example. However for many people, motorcycles are emotional purchases. It certainly was for me, and unfortunately no matter how much lighter, no matter how much faster, and no matter how much less it costs, the Fz09 just doesn't do it for me. It could cost 1/4 of what a CB does and I still would have bought the CB.
I started a thread about how we as motorcyclists never seem to be satisfied with what we have, and always want something different. The result? You can spend a lot of money buying bikes that aren't what you really want and you can spend a lot of money on a bike that is exactly what you want. Unfortunately we never know until after we've signed the loan papers or written the check which side of the ledger any particular bike falls on.
You can do as ClassicVW suggests and look for a used bike to lessen the financial blow, but in the
end, truth is, you can't take it with you, and if it makes you happy, the cost is justifiable, is it not?