When will we find out about the 2015 Hondas?

Correct me if I am wrong... My wife does it all the time.

When a bike is sold in the U.S. , particularly a new model, the dealers network has to guarantee something like 7 years worth of parts availability from the last model year sold. Not a big deal if it s a solid seller, but if a manufacturer has a turd, it's not only the cost of the bike they have to discount, but they have to keep a steady supply of parts..

While the U.S. The cb11k has only been sold two years, it's my understanding it was sold for two years previously.. Also keep in mind that the 14 model year received updates, bigger tank, 6 speed, wire wheels... I don't think Honda would axe a bike, after making those updates. Production runs might be reduced, but they will probably still be produced, with each year getting BNG (bold new graphics)...

If folks think that the cb11k will become a classic collector bike.... Ok, fine in terms of a cool bike, but don't expect it to go up in price...

I own two niche bikes, and have owned two others.... Ktm egs-e 620 (predecessor to the 640adv), an srx-6, and have owned a hawk gt and bandit 400... Maybe their resale value held up a little better than some others, but getting parts and aftermarket stuff can detract from the ownership...

With the hawk gt, I have ridden with other with the Honda niche bikes, cb-1, gb500, and while cool, these bikes were parts bin bikes... They used standard oil filters, clip ons, forks, wheels, etc as other bikes so it wasn't that much of a risk...
 
Honda has published their 2015 full line brochure. It shows a picture of the 2014 DLX and Black, with the notation "2014 models". I take this to mean they will continue to sell stocks of 2014 models for 2015.
 
Folks, check out ebay; there are probably 4 to 6 for sale at any one time. For a small run over two years, that seems like an awful lot. I can't fathom Honda supporting a 2015 model when there are still 2013 unsold and the used market seems flooded.
 
I predict the CB1100 will be like other very cool specialty bikes. As an example, a friend of mine is a Moto Guzzi dealer, and many years back he had a couple of Guzzi 1000S (the very cool retro model from around 1991) lingering in the showroom until he deeply discounted them. Then six months later, after Guzzi discontinued the model, his phone was ringing every day with people wanting to buy one!!!
 
If this bike is dropped (Honda has a history of doing one year bikes, like the 1983 CB1100F here in the States) it is my ever so humble opinion that in short order (less than ten years) it will be a cult bike. Unlike some true stinkers, really good bikes that don't sell well become cult bikes in due time. Like the CB1100F, the Kawasaki W650 (the only ones that come to mind off hand). We just have to sit on them. Take care of them. Ride them.

But I bought mine to ride, not as an investment. Perhaps I should buy a second one for investment purposes. It would be a better bet than a stock market choice. :P
 
RetroSeattle_imp said:
I predict the CB1100 will be like other very cool specialty bikes. As an example, a friend of mine is a Moto Guzzi dealer, and many years back he had a couple of Guzzi 1000S (the very cool retro model from around 1991) lingering in the showroom until he deeply discounted them. Then six months later, after Guzzi discontinued the model, his phone was ringing every day with people wanting to buy one!!!
OOOh I don't remember that model. That is gorgeous. I might have bought one of those.

BTW my CB won't be worth squat when I am done with it unless some one wants a very well used, high mileage bike lol
 
Rboe_imp said:
If this bike is dropped (Honda has a history of doing one year bikes, like the 1983 CB1100F here in the States) it is my ever so humble opinion that in short order (less than ten years) it will be a cult bike. Unlike some true stinkers, really good bikes that don't sell well become cult bikes in due time. Like the CB1100F, the Kawasaki W650 (the only ones that come to mind off hand). We just have to sit on them. Take care of them. Ride them.

But I bought mine to ride, not as an investment. Perhaps I should buy a second one for investment purposes. It would be a better bet than a stock market choice. :P
No mass produced bike is an investment. One may depreciate less than another, But a very nice condition 35 year old CB is today worth more or less exactly as it's original MSRP, maybe a tad more. I've bought and sold a few in recent years. You'd be much better off taking the 11 grand the CB cost you and putting it into an investment account of some kind. I think that the Dow Jones average has doubled in like the past five or six years!
 
Rboe_imp said:
If this bike is dropped (Honda has a history of doing one year bikes, like the 1983 CB1100F here in the States) it is my ever so humble opinion that in short order (less than ten years) it will be a cult bike. Unlike some true stinkers, really good bikes that don't sell well become cult bikes in due time. Like the CB1100F, the Kawasaki W650 (the only ones that come to mind off hand). We just have to sit on them. Take care of them. Ride them.

But I bought mine to ride, not as an investment. Perhaps I should buy a second one for investment purposes. It would be a better bet than a stock market choice. :P
Good idea! You could then jeopardize it for broken rare parts. :P
 
I just can't imagine Honda not offering at least limited quantities of the CB 1100EX here in the states for 2015
 
Thread starter
HOw much longer till we know something? I love my 13 but would love to be on the prowl for a used 14dlx or new 15. THis is the best motorcycle for me at my age and would hate to see Honda kill it off.
 
I don't know if anyone's covered this already, but Honda is notorious for announcing and releasing models later than everyone else.
Although technically, if you think about it logically, they're one of, if not the only manufacturer that tends to get to their models years out closer to the beginning of its actual calendar year! We're spoiled by Detroit releasing its new models in the September before the new year, etc.
 
OldF7Guy_imp said:
HOw much longer till we know something? I love my 13 but would love to be on the prowl for a used 14dlx or new 15. THis is the best motorcycle for me at my age and would hate to see Honda kill it off.
Last year it was around this time when we had confirmation on the 2014, that's when I decided that I wanted a 2013 and bought it on january 4th, no spokes was the deal breaker for me, I almost hope that the 2015 won't have spokes either, or I will have to buy it and keep the 2013 that I love dearly, so that means they will come with spokes. ;)
 
Thread starter
Headbanger02_imp said:
OldF7Guy_imp said:
HOw much longer till we know something? I love my 13 but would love to be on the prowl for a used 14dlx or new 15. THis is the best motorcycle for me at my age and would hate to see Honda kill it off.
Last year it was around this time when we had confirmation on the 2014, that's when I decided that I wanted a 2013 and bought it on january 4th, no spokes was the deal breaker for me, I almost hope that the 2015 won't have spokes either, or I will have to buy it and keep the 2013 that I love dearly, so that means they will come with spokes. ;)
Last year it was around this time when we had confirmation on the 2014, that's when I decided that I wanted a 2013 and bought it on january 4th, no spokes was the deal breaker for me, I almost hope that the 2015 won't have spokes either, or I will have to buy it and keep the 2013 that I love dearly, so that means they will come with spokes. ;)
Hey, what did you have to give for those nice looking mirrors? I think I got quoted 80 bucks or so. I really liked what you had on your 13.
 
OldF7Guy_imp said:
Headbanger02_imp said:
OldF7Guy_imp said:
HOw much longer till we know something? I love my 13 but would love to be on the prowl for a used 14dlx or new 15. THis is the best motorcycle for me at my age and would hate to see Honda kill it off.
Last year it was around this time when we had confirmation on the 2014, that's when I decided that I wanted a 2013 and bought it on january 4th, no spokes was the deal breaker for me, I almost hope that the 2015 won't have spokes either, or I will have to buy it and keep the 2013 that I love dearly, so that means they will come with spokes. ;)
Last year it was around this time when we had confirmation on the 2014, that's when I decided that I wanted a 2013 and bought it on january 4th, no spokes was the deal breaker for me, I almost hope that the 2015 won't have spokes either, or I will have to buy it and keep the 2013 that I love dearly, so that means they will come with spokes. ;)
Hey, what did you have to give for those nice looking mirrors? I think I got quoted 80 bucks or so. I really liked what you had on your 13.
Last year it was around this time when we had confirmation on the 2014, that's when I decided that I wanted a 2013 and bought it on january 4th, no spokes was the deal breaker for me, I almost hope that the 2015 won't have spokes either, or I will have to buy it and keep the 2013 that I love dearly, so that means they will come with spokes. ;)
Hey, what did you have to give for those nice looking mirrors? I think I got quoted 80 bucks or so. I really liked what you had on your 13. north of 80 bucks is what I paid, I live very close to the dealer and had them order them for me, this way I saved on shipping. If I had a 2014 I wouldn't change a thing except spokes, the 2013 begs for it to be modified in any form you wish, the 2014 is just so right in stock form. :beerchug:
 
Elipten_imp said:
Motorcycle show in New York this weekend. Any Intel?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was just wanting to ask the same. But I plan on going tomorrow and see for myself, but if past shows are any indication, there won't be any new info available. I recall asking some questions at last year's show at both Honda and BMW's areas, and no one knew anything. All the manufacturers displays are staffed by local dealer's salespeople or models hired just for these types of shows.
 
And they claim it as an international event! If a spoked 2015 comes I am in serious trouble as I will have to buy and that makes 3!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I just returned from the show. Spoke with a Honda sales guy and he said the same as Papa Weely said and we surmised- That they have heard nothing about the CB being discontinued, and that Honda is notorious for later model announcements, like January or even February before the model line announcements are complete. His feeling was it will return with some minor changes such as colors.
 
ClassicVW_imp said:
I just returned from the show. Spoke with a Honda sales guy and he said the same as Papa Weely said and we surmised- That they have heard nothing about the CB being discontinued, and that Honda is notorious for later model announcements, like January or even February before the model line announcements are complete. His feeling was it will return with some minor changes such as colors.
If they decide to release the Deluxe in that 70's Sunrise Orange Metal-Flake that they used on the CB750s, I'll have a real dilemma on my hands !
 
Back
Top