When will we find out about the 2015 Hondas?

Guth_imp said:
Looking into the Forum's very own crystal ball, I can see that the CB1100 will come to us in 2015 with a new array of options and accessories including items such as spoked wheels for those who so desire, tank-color-matching hard luggage, a variety of retro-licious styling options like a factory sissy bar, high rise handlebars and a limited edition Windjammer designed for the CB1100 by a resurrected Vetter Fairing Company. Whoa, there's more... The Standard and Deluxe versions will be joined by the new CB1100 Scrambler. In addition to a special two-tone paint job, the Scrambler will feature 4 into 2 high pipes and pseudo knobby tires. Prices and further details will be forthcoming.

Hmmm, I can hear the clatter of pins in the background and I'm surrounded by the smell of fried food and aerosol shoe sanitizer. Wait, this isn't a crystal ball... it's dark and has holes in it, whaaat! a bowling ball? Jeez, I must have drifted off yet again while pondering the future of the CB1100. Good to know that I'm not alone. :P
:rofl:
 
I didn't think there would be a 2014. So one of these years I'm gonna be right and the CB will pushed off to the dust bin of history.
 
huxley2_imp said:
Man oh man, I'll be first in linep for the new CL1100 Scrambler. :rolleyes:
I went to the local dealer to put a deposit down and lay claim to mine but the sales guy just looked at me like I was crazy. However, I did find a kid that was emptying out garbage cans in the shop area that said he would be willing to take my deposit. :thumbsup:

All joking aside, hopefully Honda actually announces something sooner rather than later, one way or another so we can all find out what the deal is.
 
Whilst soaking in one of my weekend treat 'Sea Salt and Magnesium Flake' hot baths this afternoon, and reading my new 'Bike' magazine, I saw that Yamaha are updating the XJR1300 for 2015. Slimmer tank, weird 'bullet holed' number board and much better looking 4 into 1 exhaustle pipple.

It looks nice from the photo above. Maybe I can sell a kidney and have one if those too?:shy:
 
definitely discontinued here (canada) for next season...just got an emil from my dealer confirming it...so, if you want a new one, better not wait around....
 
dancinkozmo_imp said:
definitely discontinued here (canada) for next season...just got an emil from my dealer confirming it...so, if you want a new one, better not wait around....
I just think they do a really poor job of marketing here in the states. They really should advertise more and reach the buyers they need to for these bikes. Remember the CB750 'Deep Throat' ad's? I bet that helped sell a lot of CB750's.

 
Interesting Ad Copy. I don't recall ever calling the throttle a "Gas Handle". Is that supposed to be innuendo appropriate to the '70s era Deep Throat reference?
 
It's not for everyone. When I was picking up my CB, another was dropping by to get his 2014 std. That guy had traded in a Ninja, he had been riding crotch rockets for years. I have my doubts he will long be happy with the CB for long, it's not the type of ride he is really use to.
 
That may be just the reason he bought it. He had had with the crotch rocket crouch. I see folks moving from cruisers to standards for similar reasons; can't take the body position any longer.
 
This discussion along with the doubt about the bike's future has me in a holding pattern. Before I buy one I'd like to know the bike will be around and if dropped, aftermarket improvements and aftermarket customizing options will dry up quickly.
Used values will tank.
Not so good...
 
I wouldn't worry too much about dropping it. Spare parts, by law, have to be available from the manufacturer for a while. I think 5 or 7 years. The aftermarket is a certainly different story. But everything is available on eBay. Just last year I bought a NOS still in the box, rear chrome luggage rack for my 1978 CB400!
 
nero_imp said:
This discussion along with the doubt about the bike's future has me in a holding pattern. Before I buy one I'd like to know the bike will be around and if dropped, aftermarket improvements and aftermarket customizing options will dry up quickly.
Used values will tank.
Not so good...
I went the other direction which is that I wanted to buy a new one while still available on the off chance they are discontinued. I don't regret the decision but to each his own.
 
Back
Top