when not out riding my CB 1100

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
I get to see this in the front yard out my front window. Took this pic 10 mins ago. Counted 45 turkeys and 5 deer.

701ee7e1f4bef03b5969ea7ab6aa9017.jpg


I used to spend days/weeks/seasons in the woods and walk endless miles to find/hunt deer and turkey. Now I watch them all day long from the comfort of my living room lol
 
The ferret_imp said:
I get to see this in the front yard out my front window. Took this pic 10 mins ago. Counted 45 turkeys and 5 deer.

701ee7e1f4bef03b5969ea7ab6aa9017.jpg


I used to spend days/weeks/seasons in the woods and walk endless miles to find/hunt deer and turkey. Now I watch them all day long from the comfort of my living room lol
Think ahead of upcoming Thanksgiving...look no further :P
 
Thread starter
:rofl: I have killed several turkeys with a bow since 1992, and trust me, you'd rather have a Butterball. Wild birds are tough and dry.
 
The ferret_imp said:
:rofl: I have killed several turkeys with a bow since 1992, and trust me, you'd rather have a Butterball. Wild birds are tough and dry.
Bow it, hang'em outside for a month and then put into water/vinegar solution with sliced onions for 2-3 days = almost lite a butterball :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
Onions? NO WAY! lol I don't allow onions in my house.

We got to the point we would breast them and put a pound of bacon on the breast when cooking. Wasn't too bad then.

I doubt that I will ever kill another turkey. May hunt them because I enjoy calling them in, but not going to ever arrow one again.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Onions? NO WAY! lol I don't allow onions in my house.

We got to the point we would breast them and put a pound of bacon on the breast when cooking. Wasn't too bad then.

I doubt that I will ever kill another turkey. May hunt them because I enjoy calling them in, but not going to ever arrow one again.
as you wish..:thumbsup:
 
I have a family of skunks that have moved in under the barn! Me and the dogs get to watch them out the window. Besides the occasional hawk, gopher, or rat that's about it for wildlife around here!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
The ferret_imp said:
Onions? NO WAY! lol I don't allow onions in my house.

We got to the point we would breast them and put a pound of bacon on the breast when cooking. Wasn't too bad then.

I doubt that I will ever kill another turkey. May hunt them because I enjoy calling them in, but not going to ever arrow one again.
When I lived in Florida we could hunt turkeys in the fall during deer season and take a hen or tom with rifle or shotgun. A fall bird is as good as a Butterball and the dark meat is sweeter. The abundant mast in fall, acorns and such, is the reason.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Skunks can be a pain. Had to capture and release a few in the past. Otherwise, they can be cute!
Catch and release is illegal here in California. Using ammonia soaked rags, bright lights, and noise to harass them away.

They are cute, until your dog tangles with one!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Retsel_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Skunks can be a pain. Had to capture and release a few in the past. Otherwise, they can be cute!
Catch and release is illegal here in California. Using ammonia soaked rags, bright lights, and noise to harass them away.

They are cute, until your dog tangles with one!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Catch and release is illegal here in California. Using ammonia soaked rags, bright lights, and noise to harass them away.

They are cute, until your dog tangles with one!
Yes, dogs sometimes know no better than their owners. :)
 
Thread starter
Geez I had a family of skunks nest under my front porch. The stupid things stink even when they are not spraying. Twice my Labradors got sprayed. That was a mess. Even bathed in special skunk rid shampoo they stunk for weeks.
 
Catch and release is illegal in Virginia too. Rabies problem and they don't want it spread.
 
Retsel_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Skunks can be a pain. Had to capture and release a few in the past. Otherwise, they can be cute!
Catch and release is illegal here in California. Using ammonia soaked rags, bright lights, and noise to harass them away.

They are cute, until your dog tangles with one!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Catch and release is illegal here in California. Using ammonia soaked rags, bright lights, and noise to harass them away.
They are cute, until your dog tangles with one!
Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Catch and release is illegal in Virginia too. Rabies problem and they don't want it spread.
You guys need to take bow tutoring from Ferret...:P
...my dachshund takes care of all small mammals within my backyard + more....
:D
 
The ferret_imp said:
Geez I had a family of skunks nest under my front porch. The stupid things stink even when they are not spraying. Twice my Labradors got sprayed. That was a mess. Even bathed in special skunk rid shampoo they stunk for weeks.
Yeah, the trick is not to touch them (they got claws!) and to not get sprayed by them. As long as they can't lift their rear, all is well. :)
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
Retsel_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Skunks can be a pain. Had to capture and release a few in the past. Otherwise, they can be cute!
Catch and release is illegal here in California. Using ammonia soaked rags, bright lights, and noise to harass them away.

They are cute, until your dog tangles with one!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Catch and release is illegal here in California. Using ammonia soaked rags, bright lights, and noise to harass them away.
They are cute, until your dog tangles with one!
Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Catch and release is illegal in Virginia too. Rabies problem and they don't want it spread.
You guys need to take bow tutoring from Ferret...:P
...my dachshund takes care of all small mammals within my backyard + more....
:D
The thing about an arrow is there is no shock valve (Unless you are shooting small game or birds with blunt tipped arrows). They dispatch by cutting vital organs/arteries causing massive blood loss. An arrow thru a skunk, no matter how well placed, will not stop it from spraying. DAMHIK
 
The ferret_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Retsel_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Skunks can be a pain. Had to capture and release a few in the past. Otherwise, they can be cute!
Catch and release is illegal here in California. Using ammonia soaked rags, bright lights, and noise to harass them away.

They are cute, until your dog tangles with one!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Catch and release is illegal here in California. Using ammonia soaked rags, bright lights, and noise to harass them away.
They are cute, until your dog tangles with one!
Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Catch and release is illegal in Virginia too. Rabies problem and they don't want it spread.
You guys need to take bow tutoring from Ferret...:P
...my dachshund takes care of all small mammals within my backyard + more....
:D
The thing about an arrow is there is no shock valve (Unless you are shooting small game or birds with blunt tipped arrows). They dispatch by cutting vital organs/arteries causing massive blood loss. An arrow thru a skunk, no matter how well placed, will not stop it from spraying. DAMHIK
The thing about an arrow is there is no shock valve (Unless you are shooting small game or birds with blunt tipped arrows). They dispatch by cutting vital organs/arteries causing massive blood loss. An arrow thru a skunk, no matter how well placed, will not stop it from spraying. DAMHIK
I tend to use a good pair of leather work gloves for skunks down to chippies. Two thirds of squirrels are absolute animals and impossible to deal with. Even a city rat got away from me once, but I ultimately won several months later. My biggest problem with skunks is their digging. If one of their pups (or stupid teenagers :dodgy: ) gets trapped in your yard, the mother will do whatever it takes to get it out. From what I could determine, the teenager didn't follow mom. What's new?

Rabbits are good exercise, except when it is too humid out - then it gets tough. I have cornered a few and they just "give up". Incredible sight to witness. I just let the thumpers go by and resume the chase. :)
 
Thread starter
You grab live skunks with your hands? Yiiiiiiiii.
 
Back
Top