When CB met Sally

Joash_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Just saw this Associated Press photo in my newsfeed.....looks like a CB from the bit that is visible :(
Hope folks in FL are OK

25569485255bbf16784e41c741426bdb.jpg
 
:(

That bike didn't deserve that death.

I hope some young invigorated kid finds it in a junk yard and brings it back to life.

I would. If it pops up- send the link to me.
 
oh man, that's a sad picture.

Thassa lotta water.
 
Tragedy ... there weren't enough of them to start with. Poor bloke who lost it too. If you're a member here, accept my condolences.
 
Wow! Saw that photo this morning and noticed the classic look, but didn't think cb1100 until you mentioned it.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Tragedy ... there weren't enough of them to start with. Poor bloke who lost it too. If you're a member here, accept my condolences.
Cormanus, do we have a member in Pensacola, FL?
 
Looking at The clearer photo posted on another thread,it looks like the bike has Hebco-Becker saddlebag racks like mine.
Edit... never mind, the tail lights would be in a different place. Not that any of this matters at all :-(
 
Yes! I was wondering if anyone else saw that!!!!!!!!!!

I was watching Weather Channel coverage yesterday and the reporter pointed it out as he stood on the landing above it! It is black, the water was down a few feet when they showed it.
 
That is tragic. My heart goes out to everyone affected. I spent time in Pensacola for Navy training, and really enjoyed my time there (in town, not necessarily the training).

On the bright side, there's a video going around of someone doing some really harsh testing of the new CT125. They drown it, pull the spark plug, blow the water out, and it fires right up. So, maybe there's hope.
 
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Found the owner on Facebook. Brandon Jones of Phoenix, AZ. Hasn't owned it long.
I reached out to the photographer from AP and he forwarded this shot of the bike a few hours later.
 
So let's say the bike dries out over the next few days...could it start and be issue free?
 
Inhouse Bob: I haven't found an easy way to search the list of forum members for their location or anything else about them, so I can't answer your earlier question about whether we have a member in Pensacola. But I see you found him on Facebook.

pdedse, if that was salt water it was submerged in, problems would emerge.
 
A very sad sight to see!

Hurricane Teddy has this province in its cross hairs according to the latest track.
It will be a tropical storm when it arrives here on Tuesday, but even those storms can do considerable damage.
Dorian arrived here one year ago and brought with it high gusting winds that did quite a bit of damage.
In the meantime, there is a chance that Teddy might veer a bit to the east, but it's really a wait and see game.
Regardless of what happens, my CB is safe inside on high ground with no chance of flooding.
 
Joash_imp said:
Just saw this Associated Press photo in my newsfeed.....looks like a CB from the bit that is visible :(
Hope folks in FL are OK

25569485255bbf16784e41c741426bdb.jpg
Yeah, I remember seeing that the first day and thought the same too: "Gee, that looks like a CB1100". But just barely enough clues.

It will be a great Forum story if the owner successfully, or with minimal pain (??) revives the poor thing.

It is pretty amazing it stood its ground against the power of the water.
 
Back
Top